• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

imBask

Banned
Ehhhhh.

Though I guess Dark souls 1 broke down when you're tasked to retrieve the 4 lord souls, much like how BotW broke down when you had to go after the 4 divine beasts.

So I can see where you're coming from.

But that was the leats important part of the experience that's kinda what i'm saying

the important part was the 2 weeks of 2-3h a night on Discord talking with my friends about what we found/we're currently finding

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I like how you didn't even disagree with what I said lol.

But yeah I agree in a way that the discussion around the game when it was fresh was part of the experience. I'll say that I've revisited dark souls after all that and still had a ton of fun.

BTW before I go too far and just seem like I'm shitting on BotW I would just like to say.

I really, really like BotW.

Not my GotY.

But I really liked it.

imBask

Banned
I mean, yeah the divine beasts were kinda boring.

My favorite games of all time all have boring parts or some stuff I didn't enjoy

Except for Super Mario World

Demons Souls is a better dark souls

I keep hearing that in Craft beer & vape bars, usually said by people with curly mustaches in between 2 discussions about beard oil and fixed gear bikes

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh, i dunno, they're pretty much equal in my book.

I'll just say though that demon's souls fucking goes for it more than dark souls does. You don't see stuff like the old monk, storm king, tower of latria or the fucking scraping spear in dark souls.

If you actually believe that Zelda is like a Ubisoft game you're crazy. And why do people actually say this if just days before Zelda we got a full-on Ubisoft game called Horizon. You can't be seriously saying that Zelda and Hoirzon are the same.

They are, its just one is less overt with those concepts than the other.

Come at me.

Is the production always this atrocious on the 1099 podcast? I subscribed to listen to the Drew episode and was amazed at how poorly leveled it is, the terrible sophomoric musical intro, and the host's overlong, rambly questions.

LotusHD

Banned
nier music aint nothin special

edit: nm listened to some again its good

Was about to say lol

Pascal's Village Theme made me want to play the rest of the game on mute.

giphy.gif

Is the production always this atrocious on the 1099 podcast? I subscribed to listen to the Drew episode and was amazed at how poorly leveled it is, the terrible sophomoric musical intro, and the host's overlong, rambly questions.

I haven't listened to the Drew episode yet but no, they are fantastic for the most part.

Vinny
Alex
Jeff
Dan
Pascal's Village Theme made me want to play the rest of the game on mute.

Weird, that one is one of my favorites. There's a certain playfulness and innocence to it and it makes total sense why. Listening to it after beating the game though adds a whole other layer to this track.

imBask

Banned
For a guy who has "Over 70h in this game" Dan sure is terrible at PUBG...

I mean... he keeps talking about his PC setup and i'd probably be terrible at games too if I played on a TV, while sitting on a sex swing with half a controller in my hand and the mouse behind my back

just get a gosh darn desk Dan

Megasoum

Banned
I mean... he keeps talking about his PC setup and i'd probably be terrible at games too if I played on a TV, while sitting on a sex swing with half a controller in my hand and the mouse behind my back

just get a gosh darn desk Dan

It's not even that... He's just unable to loot properly which is the most important part of the game.

Meguro

Banned
Breath of the Wild is the best videogame I've played in probably 10 years *shrug*.
It's most certainly the best open world game I've ever played.

ryseing

See? Even people with garbage taste love BOTW.
It's that good.

Elementary is a solid procedural with good chemistry between the leads. Sherlock has had a spectacular faceplant over the past two seasons.

Preferring Elementary isn't a garbage opinion.

(I know you're joking but Elementary really does deserve more love than it gets)

Elementary is a solid procedural with good chemistry between the leads. Sherlock has had a spectacular faceplant over the past two seasons.

Preferring Elementary isn't a garbage opinion.

(I know you're joking but Elementary really does deserve more love than it gets)

Yeah. Wouldn't be surprised if Elementary turned out better than Sherlock.

derFeef

Sometimes you just miss dudes. In the last episode Alex totally ran buy a guy in the house they camped in for a bit, who then shot Abby.

Antiwhippy, these fucking party wide brainjacks at the end of Persona 5 are pissing me off.

Three or Four times now starting over. And having to go through a whole lot of text each time.

Catvoca

Banned
I went in to BOTW with a real "pfft, it's not going to be as good as they say it is" attitude and I was so wrong. It really is worthy of every bit of praise it gets.

He loved Horizon (gave it 5/5) and struggled to get into Zelda because of weapon durability and feeling that combat was pointless.

I played a couple of hours of Horizon and found the entire game pointless. The mobility in that game is so wack.

the runnin' around is bad. Zelda has good runnin' around. I got my issues with that game but it's pretty great and Horizon wishes it was half the game BOTW is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I figured out what Gat Out Of Hell reminds me of both in subject matter, technical flaws, and quality of writing

It reminds me of a Postal Expansion Pack. Not even a mainline game but an expansion pack

I figured out what Gat Out Of Hell reminds me of both in subject matter, technical flaws, and quality of writing

It reminds me of a Postal Expansion Pack. Not even a mainline game but an expansion pack

I'm surprised that there are people who played this game. SR4 was enough for me to be honest.

Hindl

I look forward to the meltdown if Jeff argues Horizon over Zelda.
I'd be a bit confused but I could see him arguing it. I'd just be interested to see if it sticks. He's pretty much the only person on the crew that likes Horizon more than Zelda (although everyone likes Horizon). Well, besides Rorie but he's not on the GOTY podcasts. It would really put to the test how much weight Jeff has on his own in the deliberations
Its my UPF?
Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom