• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
8txmBc1.png

Playing NBA Ballers: Phenom and like more than half of the songs in the game have "ballin" or "baller" in the title

BAAALLLLAAAAAAS

oti

Banned
He loved Horizon (gave it 5/5) and struggled to get into Zelda because of weapon durability and feeling that combat was pointless.

"I liked Zelda less than Horizon because Horizon didn't make me feel super duper awesome all the time like pretty much every other game."

I mean, sure. If weapon durability and the annoyance of not being able to climb properly when it rains are such big deals for him, give it to Horizon. A Ubisoft game like every other Ubisoft game.

Just never complain about AC again or basically the same games over and over again!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"I liked Zelda less than Horizon because Horizon didn't make me feel super duper awesome all the time like pretty much every other game."

I mean, sure. If weapon durability and the annoyance of not being able to climb properly when it rains are such big deals for him, give it to Horizon. A Ubisoft game like every other Ubisoft game.

Just never complain about AC again or basically the same games over and over again!

The weapon durability system in BOTW isn't good. Even if you like weapon durability systems.

daveo42

Banned

Is it even that close to an AC or Farcry game? Never really played either and the hunting stuff was good in Horizon. Plus, you could reveal the map naturally if you were opposed to spending 2 minutes doing an environmental puzzle. Idk...everyone rags on how bad Ubisoft is at open world games, but I liked Horizon.

Also weapon durability like BotW doesn't seem like a thing I want to manage for even 30 hours.

Harpuia

One thing I will say about BoTW combat/weapons is I wish they gave you at least 1 or 2 more other types of items to use. I think it'd go a long way with respect to mobility and combat if they added in the hookshot.

Rainmaker

Banned
Jeff hardly ever thinks a video game story is good and he liked Horizon's. I've said it a couple of times but if Vinny stuck to Horizon I am almost positive he'd love it. Horizon did what it did better than Ubisoft ever has.

One thing I will say about BoTW combat/weapons is I wish they gave you at least 1 or 2 more other types of items to use. I think it'd go a long way with respect to mobility and combat if they added in the hookshot.

If the next Zelda is BotW x Just Cause with the hookshot/grapple hook it might be my favourite game ever.

oti

Banned
Is it even that close to an AC or Farcry game? Never really played either and the hunting stuff was good in Horizon. Plus, you could reveal the map naturally if you were opposed to spending 2 minutes doing an environmental puzzle. Idk...everyone rags on how bad Ubisoft is at open world games, but I liked Horizon.

Also weapon durability like BotW doesn't seem like a thing I want to manage for even 30 hours.

No, I wasn't clear. I like Ubisoft games too. But how can one shit on Ubisoft games always being the same but then like Horizon that much? How? I haven't played Horizon yet but what I'm hearing is "yeah, it's the same but the story is cool". That's cool. But GOTY? But better than BOTW? Come on.

Phatmac

Horizon does everything well. It's world building is impressive. It's surprising how well realized the world is with a new IP from Gotilla. I was impressed with everything about the game. It's gonna be tough during GOTY talk.

No, I wasn't clear. I like Ubisoft games too. But how can one shit on Ubisoft games always being the same but then like Horizon that much? How? I haven't played Horizon yet but what I'm hearing is "yeah, it's the same but the story is cool". That's cool. But GOTY? But better than BOTW? Come on.

Maybe when you play Horizon you'll think it's better than BOTW?

daveo42

Banned

Idk...someone is going to have to bite the bullet and play both and I'm not really up for playing any AC or Farcry games, so...

Plus, I haven't played BotW and and at this point have no need to play. Zelda's never been a series that really grabbed me in any way, even if I can somewhat understand why people seem to be over the moon about nearly every game in the franchise.

Real Hero

Idk...someone is going to have to bite the bullet and play both and I'm not really up for playing any AC or Farcry games, so...

Plus, I haven't played BotW and and at this point have no need to play. Zelda's never been a series that really grabbed me in any way, even if I can somewhat understand why people seem to be over the moon about nearly every game in the franchise.
You should try this Zelda if the the other games never grabbed you

The weapon durability system in BOTW isn't good. Even if you like weapon durability systems.

I normally hate inventory management and durability systems... for some reason I didn't mind it at all in BotW. It definitely encouraged me to use weapons I would never consider otherwise. Like in a Souls game I frequently will just find one weapon with a moveset I like and stick with it for the whole game. By the end of BotW I learned to appreciate every weapon.

Harpuia

If the next Zelda is BotW x Just Cause with the hookshot/grapple hook it might be my favourite game ever.
Actually, yes that's probably what surfaced in my brain when I thought about this!

I think my hashtag moment-where-it-clicked for me was when I found a rock man monster and I discovered that you can climb them. Hookshots, they way I think they should work, would promote taller/larger enemies and some faster paced combat since it could mean you can zip around from enemy to enemy.

Hindl

I think it's really well done but doesn't scale properly. Early game I think it's fantastic and really adds to the whole survival aspect of the opening where anything can kill you. But late game items should be way more durable, and they should've expanded the champion weapons so you could repair more weapons. It just sucks at endgame to go through so many weapons in a fight and not get back equivalent weapons from loot.
I'm currently playing through Horizon and at first it was a slog but I'm getting more into it. It's definitely an Ubisoft game, but it's an exquisitely crafted one. Horizon is basically "What if we took Far Cry and made it better and removed a bunch of the bullshit filler?" and that's kinda exactly what I want. It still hasn't fully hooked me, but it's gotten better the more I've played. I'd check it out.

This Zelda is vastly different than the others, to the point that a lot of people who loved the Zelda formula were pretty disappointed in this game. But it's definitely not for everyone

Meguro

Banned
My 4 hours with Horizon have left me with the conclusion that it's a bad game that looks very pretty, making it another game from Guerrilla Games.

My 4 hours with Horizon have left me with the conclusion that it's a bad game that looks very pretty, making it another game from Guerrilla Games.

My 4 hours with Horizon have left me with the conclusion that it's a bad game that looks very pretty

My 4 hours with Horizon have left me with the conclusion that it's a bad game

My 4 hours with Horizon

4 hours

mjJHV84.gif

ryseing

Killzone 2 was not a bad game. Some might even call it a great game.

There's no defending the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom