• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked at AMC in high school they actually had two distinct large cups/popcorn buckets. The regular one that you get when you buy it, and a specifically marked one that you get for your refill.

So if that were the case, it would be incredibly tacky but not a health hazard. I actually remember friends doing that because they gave you a new cup/bucket.

I don't know what they do now though since I usually don't get soda. Also that was just AMC.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Listening to the Beastcast right now and damn Zelda's GOTY chances are totally dead. Guess Mario will have it lock down.

Also wonder when they just stop doing VRodeos. They make VR look as boring as possible and nobody seems to enjoy doing them.

Curufinwe

The Margaret bit was grating at the beginning, but by the end I feel as if it paid off. I haven't ever laughed as hard at a podcast as I did when that Jeremiah bit came on though.

Dan was annoying me on the last beastcast and I was going to turn it off, but the Jeremiah bit was so good that I'm glad I stuck with it.

Abby seems naturally talented and has that improv background, so I thought her accents would be better. Unless she was trying to not actually sound Australian and English.

Listening to the Beastcast right now and damn Zelda's GOTY chances are totally dead. Guess Mario will have it lock down.

Also wonder when they just stop doing VRodeos. They make VR look as boring as possible and nobody seems to enjoy doing them.

I enjoy them. It's fun seeing Jeff fuck around with VR. HOWEVER, the software is still where it's at when they made the first VRodeo save for a few unique experiences here and there. VR, like any other new tech, just needs time and alot of it.

patapuf

it'd be cool to be able to pickup chairs and tables in houses, just objects in the world, and use them as weapons. i wanna throw a lamp at some dudes head :V

Yeah, the melee system in general could use an update. Once they've implemented vaulting ect they should look to make melee a bit less janky/more interesting.

Jintor

Dan was annoying me on the last beastcast and I was going to turn it off, but the Jeremiah bit was so good that I'm glad I stuck with it.

Abby seems naturally talented and has that improv background, so I thought her accents would be better. Unless she was trying to not actually sound Australian and English.

it was the voice modulator wasn't it?

LiK

Only Dan fell over heels for it. Everyone else enjoyed it but some were lukewarm. So yea, def not GOTY for them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A really cool take would be to make only the "crappy" weapons (melee, pistols, crossbow, molotovs) available in the open world and make ARs and shotguns available only from crate drops.

A really cool take would be to make only the "crappy" weapons (melee, pistols, crossbow, molotovs) available in the open world and make ARs and shotguns available only from crate drops.

Vehicles would be the best weapon in the game, in that case.

The current balance seems pretty good to me. I'm curious how zombie mode will work in a way that doesn't suck for either side.

Only Dan fell over heels for it. Everyone else enjoyed it but some were lukewarm. So yea, def not GOTY for them.

I'm starting to feel it won't even by my GotY, which seemed unthinkable when I first played it. My gripes with the story and dungeons are just too great to ignore.

Antiwhippy

Vehicles would be the best weapon in the game, in that case.

The current balance seems pretty good to me. I'm curious how zombie mode will work in a way that doesn't suck for either side.

Motorcycles only. Spawn them generously.

Make it so you can shoot while riding.

Make it so that you melee while riding.

Guys I'm going to go make Antiwhippy's Joust. Please look forward to it.

Antiwhippy

Once they realised that they should go straight into the action instead of spending 30mins wandering aimlessly before getting killed without even getting into a single firefight, murder island got 100x better.

Who knew.

LiK

I'm starting to feel it won't even by my GotY, which seemed unthinkable when I first played it. My gripes with the story and dungeons are just too great to ignore.

I got back in for the DLC stuff and I'm enjoying it again. It's a very relaxing game to get lost in. It's very addictive but I agree that some mechanics still annoy me. Still no armor to make it easy to climb during rain? Curious about DLC Pack 2.

I got back in for the DLC stuff and I'm enjoying it again. It's a very relaxing game to get lost in. It's very addictive but I agree that some mechanics still annoy me. Still no armor to make it easy to climb during rain? Curious about DLC Pack 2.

I'm going to get back into it soon, and hopefully rekindle some of that initial magic.

I would be sooo happy if the "new dungeon" in DLC pack 2 was a traditional Zelda-ass dungeon. I wanted the new story to be a standalone thing, maybe even playing as a different character, but that seems to not be the case.

Hindl

Vinny was also very high on it, when Mary said Hollow Knight was GOTY he countered with Zelda. But I dunno how much the ending soured him on it. Alex also loved it but his heart belongs to Nier. But I think PUBG will take it anyway
Isn't the 2nd DLC pack more like the finding memories thing?
Not exactly sure. All we know is it's after you defeat Ganon and you learn more about the champions. That sure sounds like more memory stuff but who knows

Was he? I recall Brad saying "the conversation I am having about this game with others is shifting from 'this is one of the greatest Zelda games' to 'this is one of the greatest games I have ever played'" or something like that around the time the game was released.

Hindl

Was he? I recall Brad saying "the conversation I am having about this game with others is shifting from 'this is one of the greatest Zelda games' to 'this is one of the greatest games I have ever played'" or something like that around the time the game was released.

Yeah but Brad fell off it. Maybe he'll go back for the DLC but, to quote Dan's Witcher argument, how much can you love it if you didn't finish it?

Antiwhippy

Vinny was also very high on it, when Mary said Hollow Knight was GOTY he countered with Zelda. But I dunno how much the ending soured him on it. Alex also loved it but his heart belongs to Nier. But I think PUBG will take it anyway

Not exactly sure. All we know is it's after you defeat Ganon and you learn more about the champions. That sure sounds like more memory stuff but who knows

Yeah I think that's what gave me that impression.

Antiwhippy

Now that Giantbomb has move onto their spicy period I have changed my allegiance from Anti-murder island to Pro-murder island.

Hindl

I need to at least power through Nier Route A and see Route B. I just
fought a giant fish machine and then there was this big explosion and now 9S is missing.
I feel like there's a lot left, but the way people talk about the length I think I'm almost done

Jintor

i wouldn't be super cut up if pubg smoked zelda at the end of the day

i mean zelda is pretty damn good but they are having hella fun with pubg

and at the end of the day it's their goty

LiK

I also wasn't. Then I watched a video summary/analysis of the original Nier game while having dinner and it injected me with excitement at the thought of playing Automata. I made a thread about it. I encourage you to watch the video.

I still need to play the original NieR. I only played it partway on 360 years ago. Decided to pick up a sealed copy on PS3 earlier this year but fell off wanting to play it atm. I played through so many big games this year that I'm a bit burnt out. Been playing smaller indie games lately and lots of Overwatch.

Gonna pass on watching the video.

If it isn't this it's everyone shitting on West, UPF, Ben, and other things
You're right this thread is pretty horrible.

tumblr_o34svueEoh1u5eu8ao1_400.gif

Antiwhippy

Yakuza Kiwami, of course, goes into way more detail about what happens between 1995 and 2005 that turns Nishikiyama into a jerk, but what I think has had people really excited since we presented the game at E3 has been the Majima Everywhere system, where everybody’s favorite maniac can spring up on you from any place, at any time.

A new GOTY challenger appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom