• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Came out in November. I chose FFXV over it and looking back it seems like I made a bad decision.

I've played the game to death over the past decade and find it super boring outside of getting wasted and bullshitting while playing it. Even then the last time I did that was like 5 years ago.

I like its balance. It's not too Euro to be too complicated but Euro enough to not be too simple.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm still kinda skeptical if there will actually be a gbeast yakuza gang.

Only alex seem to really love it.

And he's not the one playing.

I'm still kinda skeptical if there will actually be a gbeast yakuza gang.

Only alex seem to really love it.

And he's not the one playing.

dude's probably going to be the one that ends up playing Kiwami if they continue the feature

has Dan said anything about whether or not he prefers Shenmue

daveo42

Banned
I like its balance. It's not too Euro to be too complicated but Euro enough to not be too simple.

It's fairly balanced depending on your setup, but luck of the roll/marker placement plays into the game a bit much and with max players on the expansion board the last player gets screwed on resources the majority of the game due to placement. It's not a bad game, I've just played it to the point where I don't find it fun. I'd rather play Ticket to Ride for a light game, which is still fun and involved a tiny bit of math.

I still need to buy that game.

Looking forward to the story as i was intrigued by the one in the first game, mostly because of Kat

Kat is a treat in both games. She's one of the only characters I see on screen and just have to smile. She's secret best female character because no one played GR/2.

Hindl

The spice must flow

Might be a movie thing
Nah I haven't seen the movie and I recognized that too
i would play pubg zelda botw
I would too, that would be really cool
I think Brad may be ready to make an argument that early access shouldn't matter. Or I may have misunderstood him at the end of that discussion on the bombcast
Given how much they love PUBG I'm sure they'll make an exception

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
dude's probably going to be the one that ends up playing Kiwami if they continue the feature

has Dan said anything about whether or not he prefers Shenmue

I feel like Dan likes it but probably wouldn't finish it if it wasn't for this series? I kinda feel like he was the driving force of mainlining the story for the past few episodes.

I can't get a read on how Vinny feels about the game.

I bought Wind Waker since it was on sale.
Tried to play it twice.

I don't like Wind Waker.

I bought Twilight Princess, never opened it and sold it with my Wii U. Even made some profit because that stupid Wolf amiibo is rare or something.

What are you trying to say, Piston. Tell me how you really feel.

I also don't like Majora's Mask BTW.

This explains everything. All three of those games are better than BotW.

Hindl

This explains everything. All three of those games are better than BotW.

2536312-2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

Meguro

Banned
An 8.8 was too generous for Twilight Princess even at the time.
And yeah, Wind Waker is beautiful but it completely falls flat in the second half.

pizzacat

Banned
The saltiness over Smash is way more entertaining than the FGC in its entirety.

I really wanted Pokken to win over Marvel in that poll.

Reason: I don't like Marvel.

Actual reason: More salt.

But for reals, I don't like Marvel.
That part where the pokken community started pulling back their donations when they saw they were gonna lose was real classy

All for the salt

oti

Banned
How would Brad "I like REAL fighting games" Shoemaker even know about how the FGC reacted to Smash 4 initially?

Ben's board game experience sounds way too Euro.

That part where the pokken community started pulling back their donations when they saw they were gonna lose was real classy

All for the salt

People on the Internet are jerks.

Zebetite

Banned
The goty preview talk on this week's cast was maybe my first "Giant Bomb is jaded" moment. A lot of shit-talking of really good games

Salarians

Guys.

Let us all remember velvet sundown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtNgWdR7cuM
Man, I loved that game so much. More than I should have.

I was playing Dreamfall Chapters the other day and heard a familiar voice coming from a robot character. I checked the IMDB page to find the voice actor, only to see the character wasn't even listed.

Then it hit me. The voice was literally Ingmar's exact text to speech voice from Velvet Sundown.

Hindl

People who at least don't have Link to the Past in the Top 3 Zelda games are crazy.
According to the developers the game will be out of Early Access this year. So it will be eligible regardless.
Developers say a lot of things and miss deadlines. I'm sure they're trying to get it out this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped

oti

Banned
People who at least don't have Link to the Past in the Top 3 Zelda games are crazy.

Developers say a lot of things and miss deadlines. I'm sure they're trying to get it out this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped

What if it does come out of EA, yet is still super broken.

That would be a fun GOTY conversation.

I feel like i really want to like gravity rush 2.

But ooof that camera.

Still need to finish it though.

i thought the camera in the Vita version wasn't great but at least the gyro stuff helped it.

if its a slightly improved version then i'm good with that (the GR2 demo camera seemed okay at that point, Kat moving at 100 miles per hour was jarring)

Kat is a treat in both games. She's one of the only characters I see on screen and just have to smile. She's secret best female character because no one played GR/2.

Yea her positive and idealistic nature is pretty nice even when people were treating her like crap but its her past that i'm really intrigued by given the snippets in the first game. Also bonus points for more Raven et al.

LiK

Yeah that's basically what I meant.

The dungeons are ok but you keep going back to the same 3-4 dungeons... Really repetitive

The sailing to the islands was what really bothered me about it. Long and boring. Heard the Wii U version improves upon it but I never got atround to replaying it. Only played/beat the Gamecube one.

Hindl

Filibuster Brad was in full effect that year.

Jeff didn't let them get away with it during GOTY discussion for Fallout 4.
Yeah but there was a 4 year gap between Skyrim and Fallout. They basically called it out in the Fallout arguments, with Jeff saying Skyrim was more of the same but it was still impressive that it was on a 360. Fallout 4 was the same game 4 years later on much more powerful hardware. The rest of the game couldn't compensate for the game-breaking bugs. Even with me hating Skyrim it's still impressive they managed to get it on such weak hardware.
As someone from the North of Germany that's offensive.

But you know Jeff would at least bring it up.
Yeah but I bet he barely mentions it
The sailing to the islands was what really bothered me about it. Long and boring. Heard the Wii U version improves upon it but I never got atround to replaying it. Only played/beat the Gamecube one.
The Wii U version is the way the original should've been. Speeding up the sailing wouldn't have worked on the Gamecube because they wouldn't be able to load the world, but cutting out a lot of the fluff and just having a shorter game was the right move

bigkrev

What will be really interesting is if PUBG is still in Early Access when they start recording GOTY, but it comes out while the podcasts are recording.

For maximum effect, it needs to come out once they have "locked" 10 games on to the list, a mixture of "I will die for this game to be on the list" and "We all agree this game needs to be on the list", and they find out because someone gets an e-mail saying its out.

imBask

Banned
Passpartout should be a contender for GOTY

i've had more fun in my 3-4h of Passpartout than i've had watching Nier Automata or playing Persona 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom