• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuchu

Ibkw0w6.png

Mgs had a message to say

Assassins creed is about fucking aliens and the illuminati and then they forgot all that. What was the theme? Who the fuck knows! Aliens!

Mr. F

Banned
The goty preview talk on this week's cast was maybe my first "Giant Bomb is jaded" moment. A lot of shit-talking of really good games

The gist of every GOTY discussion. They always tear down the games to place them in their lists.

It may not be the most popular thing to say in this thread but that method is the reason the shine has kind of worn off the apple for me when it comes to GOTY casts.

Especially when people like Vinny who aren't a fan of the process just concede to get it over with a lot of the time and end up not really participating in the conversation as things get more cutthroat.

Rainmaker

Banned
Brad has never picked a better time to ask "is TNA still a thing?" I always get the feeling that Brad is on the cusp of getting into wrestling and that he would then become the biggest wrestling fan of the group

I get not liking the "negativity" of the GOTY stuff but they always try to make a point to say that they know they're nitpicking and that all of the games left on the list are all there because they think they're good. Saying the "shine is off the apple" though is weird because I always get the sense that most GB fans still get excited for that time of year. Unless you were just talking about you and then I take it all back

LiK

It may not be the most popular thing to say in this thread but that method is the reason the shine has kind of worn off the apple for me when it comes to GOTY casts.

Especially when people like Vinny who aren't a fan of the process just concede to get it over with a lot of the time and end up not really participating in the conversation as things get more cutthroat.

Alex really fought hard for his picks last year compared to previous years. Here's hoping Vinny doesn't concede as quickly either.

killroy87

Why? It could be the best game they play this year

It wouldn't keep me up at night, but I just personally don't think that a buggy game with one map in early access should get it. I totally get that it might be responsible for some of the most memorable moments of the year for them (and others), but something about it just rubs me the wrong way. Hitman did a similar thing, but was so stuffed with features and clever mechanics that you can't help but admire the craft. PUBG is a one-trick pony that executes on that one trick incredibly well.

Again, I won't begrudge anyone who considers "which game provided the most unadulterated fun/memorable moments" to be the sole criteria for GOTY, but I personally think that's not enough.

I dunno, I have trouble articulating my feelings because I don't want to sound like I'm talking shit on PUBG (I'm not, I think it's dope).

I think the feeling is compacted because this year has been fucking jam packed with some of the absolute best releases in a looooong time.

Sulik2

Alex really fought hard for his picks last year compared to previous years. Here's hoping Vinny doesn't concede as quickly either.

Alex was great on last years GOTY. He has quietly become my favorite bombcaster after Jeff. Its amazing how much better he has gotten on podcasts after Scoops and the Wolf. (RIP)

Mr. F

Banned

I mentioned Vinny specifically because there had been emails and discussions on the Beastcast now and again where he basically calls out the GOTY deliberations for being harsh and not fun for him (paraphrasing).

Agreed though, Alex more than picks up the slack in recent years.

killroy87

I mentioned Vinny specifically because there had been emails and discussions on the Beastcast now and again where he basically calls out the GOTY deliberations for being harsh and not fun for him (paraphrasing).

Agreed though, Alex more than picks up the slack in recent years.

Yeah, Vinny is a bit weird during GOTY. He seems to think that the crew, and the audience, are unable to process that just because you're arguing for a game you love, doesn't mean you're shitting on the other games. I like that Vinny is constantly saying "just to be clear, these are all great games", but I think everyone gets that. We're here for the fight :p

Yeah, Vinny is a bit weird during GOTY. He seems to think that the crew, and the audience, are unable to process that just because you're arguing for a game you love, doesn't mean you're shitting on the other games. I like that Vinny is constantly saying "just to be clear, these are all great games", but I think everyone gets that. We're here for the fight :p

Papa Vinny knows how to negotiate conflict thanks to being a dad.

Last year did have Brad at the end making the plea for building up the game they wanted to win instead of shitting on the game they wanted to get second place, eventually saying something like "THESE are the arguments that work for me"

I put like 30 hours into nms when it first came out but kind of burned out on it by mining shit to upgrade my ship. Been waiting awhile to come back to it, don't know if I'm ready yet.

I cut back on weed and stopped playing NMS before that though I put hours and hours in

ultron87

Oh no, Ben sure played a bad board game for a novice crowd. Games like that definitely have their fan base, but playing that with a group of people that aren't used to such things is a risky affair.

The ensuing discussion did make me a bit sad. There are so many really amazing games that are way more interesting and strategic than Life, but also aren't super complex systems games like Ora Et Labora.

Oh no, Ben sure played a bad board game for a novice crowd. Games like that definitely have their fan base, but playing that with a group of people that aren't used to such things is a risky affair.

The ensuing discussion did make me a bit sad. There are so many really amazing games that are way more interesting and strategic than Life, but also aren't super complex systems games like Ora Et Labora.

Agreed, there are a lot of great board games out there that are not that complex yet are a ton of fun. They also don't take hours to learn.

Hindl

Omg the Pokemon theme coming on during Jeff's Drive
"Oh word?"
"Alright" *changes song

For me it's LttP
Majora's
Link's Awakening

Not sure where I would place BotW yet.
Ignoring BotW mine is some combo of

LttP
OoT
3rd one's a fight between LA and ALBW, but since LBW is so similar to LttP I'll give it to LA. BotW might be new tops though

oti

Banned
BOTW
ALBW
Skyward Sword

Haven't played ALTTP yet.

Twilight Princess was my first Zelda. It was good.
The first DS game was cool too.

Don't like Wind Waker and Majora's Mask. Glad BOTW changed things up significantly.

Phatmac

*Fast forward to the end of December*

Which part don't you think they will like?
The new outfit(haircut) that Majima wears in the ending scene. It's difficult to see how vastly different he is from this game to the next ones. I'm interested to see their reaction to it, but I think they enjoy his Lord of the night persona more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom