• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dream is Danganronpa player by Vinny and maybe Abby. I'm not even sure it would be the best content, but Vinny needs to play that game.

bigkrev

I have to say, my favorite thing about PUBG is how it has artificially shortened both podcasts, by making an easy 10-30 minute chunk each week you can just FF through. Now that I have a full-time job, it's a lot harder to both listen to podcasts (I had to boot things from my feed that I actually liked, such as Kotaku Splitscreen and Nintendo Voice Chat because there was just no chance I'd ever hear them) and watch videos (The only video that I have seen Ben physically in was some of the E3 stuff, as I just don't have time for UPF/TNTlite).

I was giving serious thought to not renewing my premium membership later this year, but the fact that they put so much time into something I don't care about at all (played for 90 mins before Steam Refunding it) makes me feel like i'm not "missing" anything I actually care about.

hamchan

Watching Demo Derby and I thought that Silent Hill 4 was fucking rad.

Then you have Ben saying that "it's the worst game trailer he's ever seen."

derFeef

Watching Demo Derby and I thought that Silent Hill 4 was fucking rad.

Then you have Ben saying that "it's the worst game trailer he's ever seen."

Ben is always exaggerating I feel if he's not into the source material, like he wants to be funny 100% of the time.

imBask

Banned
Wait a tick, on this week's Bombcast, did Jeff really just say he got his first "scoped" kill in PUBG? I, uh... oh my.

yeah I was a little confused by this too... like 90% of kills in this game happen long range, unless you're dropping to a spicy area for a quick game

Blablurn

I have to say, my favorite thing about PUBG is how it has artificially shortened both podcasts, by making an easy 10-30 minute chunk each week you can just FF through. Now that I have a full-time job, it's a lot harder to both listen to podcasts (I had to boot things from my feed that I actually liked, such as Kotaku Splitscreen and Nintendo Voice Chat because there was just no chance I'd ever hear them) and watch videos (The only video that I have seen Ben physically in was some of the E3 stuff, as I just don't have time for UPF/TNTlite).

I was giving serious thought to not renewing my premium membership later this year, but the fact that they put so much time into something I don't care about at all (played for 90 mins before Steam Refunding it) makes me feel like i'm not "missing" anything I actually care about.
I get what u mean

Since we've had so much talk about constructive criticism, here's my (late) constructive criticism for the Beastcast:

If you don't have someone who is already prepared to speak intelligently about a segment, just don't have that segment. What was the point of the Doomfist discussion on the last episode? "So there's a new hero out in Overwatch... anyone here still playing that? Yeah me neither, it's all PUBG for me nowadays... I guess this is like, the big bad? Anyone up on their Overwatch lore? No? Well uh [reads abilities off website]... so yeah, I guess some people have access to him and some don't? I don't really know what the credentials are for that... okay moving on"

derFeef

Since we've had so much talk about constructive criticism, here's my (late) constructive criticism for the Beastcast:

If you don't have someone who is already prepared to speak intelligently about a segment, just don't have that segment. What was the point of the Doomfist discussion on the last episode? "So there's a new hero out in Overwatch... anyone here still playing that? Yeah me neither, it's all PUBG for me nowadays... I guess this is like, the big bad? Anyone up on their Overwatch lore? No? Well uh [reads abilities off website]... so yeah, I guess some people have access to him and some don't? I don't really know what the credentials are for that... okay moving on"

Yeah that happens really often on the Beastcast, lol.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Like half of the news segment on the Bombcast has always been like that.

oti

Banned

At this point PUBG content has no value for me. I'll have it playing in the background at times but I don't even register what they're doing anymore. I've seen everything there is to see.

100% agreed. East feels more like they want to get themselves from comedy bit to comedy bit instead of knowing details or be at least somewhat prepared.

I think people need to slow down with the "Beastcast is just a comedy podcast" stuff. Alex has been gone and Dan just had a Taco Bell wedding. Things will slow down a bit in that regard.

bigkrev

Waypoint Podcast is way worse with PUBG than even the GB ones- There was an episode a week or so ago that was 50 minutes of Battleground, 10 minutes of e-mails. Those are a breeze to listen to

imBask

Banned
also what if I told you guys that I like the Beastcast even if it's a comedy podcast?

what if I told you this is what they're going for and this is what some of us are looking for?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
also what if I told you guys that I like the Beastcast even if it's a comedy podcast?

what if I told you this is what they're going for and this is what some of us are looking for?

Enjoy it then.

I enjoy the beastcast too.

The thing with comedy though is that not everything hits. Which is fine.

oti

Banned

Good for you? If that's what they want to do let them do it. Some people won't listen to it. Which is also totally fine.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Waypoint Podcast is way worse with PUBG than even the GB ones- There was an episode a week or so ago that was 50 minutes of Battleground, 10 minutes of e-mails. Those are a breeze to listen to
Some of those were hilarious to me. Like, they (mostly Patrick) literally learned why people play multiplayer games but I don't think they've realised that. He was gushing about how he played PUBG with people he knows to work towards something in the game, how those people took on different roles and how rewarding that feels. I honestly think he has never done that in a video game before and I expect a few articles about this new phenomenon soonish.

I'm cool with the Beastcast being a comedy podcast! If they wanna do that then they should stop distracting from the comedy by devoting 15 minute segments to news topics they aren't actually interested in covering.

Waypoint is hit-or-miss sometimes because their shorter structure means they tend to only talk about one or two things before hitting emails. That can be really good when they dig into a topic I'm interested in and obviously a bummer when they get into something I don't care about. Personally I enjoy the PUBG/learning-my-first-esport talk (even if sometimes it's like "yeah dawg that's how competitive multiplayer games work") but am less into the "according to my Twitter timeline this YouTube rant on games criticism is THE most important thing so let's devote a full hour to it" stuff

derFeef

Some of those were hilarious to me. Like, they (mostly Patrick) literally learned why people play multiplayer games but I don't think they've realised that. He was gushing about how he played PUBG with people he knows to work towards something in the game, how those people took on different roles and how rewarding that feels. I honestly think he has never done that in a video game before and I expect a few articles about it soonish.

That's hilarious, lol.

oti

Banned
Everyone, listen to me. We're going to get through this PUBG storm. You see the sun shining through the clouds? That's Mario Maker Switch. At some point, it will come out. At some point, we will get new Mario Maker content.

Stay strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom