• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It's fine to trash that one game then, but not board games in general.
I don't play board games mind you.
As someone who plays a lot of board games I'm generally ok with trashing them. There's a good amount of diamonds but a whole lot of rough. Some creators get far too into trying to craft these grand narratives and complex systems for the sake of introducing systems to "keep people's attention" but all that amounts to is creative bankruptcy and eventually just a boring product.

If the guys were to play a board game on stream again I'd like to see how they'd do with Ghost Stories. It's punishing but also deceptively clever and there's a fun push and pull their dynamic would work well with.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean yeah, I can comfortably say that most anime is trash.

But that comes from a place of knowledge!

I don't watch wrestling but I'll continue to assume that it's trash.

daveo42

Banned
Is there a wrestling board game

Ask and ye shall receive
W10379.jpg

Edit: Or if Monopoly is more your speed

More "Cooking With Dan"

Oreos with queso
Pizza Rolls

D8fnBax.gif

Watching Demo Derby and I thought that Silent Hill 4 was fucking rad.

Then you have Ben saying that "it's the worst game trailer he's ever seen."

To be fair the trailer said nothing about the game like how it takes place entirely in an apartment and how there's two different types of playstyles depending on the world you're in. It's a divisive game overall and while I like it, I'd never recommend it to people who want a GREAT Silent Hill game. The game wasn't even going to be a SH game originally but later during development it was changed from Room 302 to Silent Hill. I myself like it for the interesting things it does within that universe but it's EH when compared to other SH games.
Also seriously, akira yamaoka is so fucking good. I'm so sad that he doesn't have a major presence nowadays.

Any silent hill trailer without his signature style of indie rock is not a silent hill trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP4VMvKnCds

Akira Yamaoka da gawd.

Curufinwe

Every time I get to the new gimmick in a Persona 5 dungeon, I want to drop the biggest and most lukewarm take imaginable.

People whined about the random dungeons in the old ones, but I think the straightforwardness of just having to find the exit was a positive.

Still, the TMS #FE gimmicks were a lot more annoying.

Hindl

I once had an Arizona (the State) themed Monopoly and I felt that was weirder than all the media franchises having Monopoly for some reason. Like franchise stuff is just slapping it on but a state? But then I remembered original Monopoly is literally Atlantic City and it became less weird

People whined about the random dungeons in the old ones, but I think the straightforwardness of just having to find the exit was a positive.

Still, the TMS #FE gimmicks were a lot more annoying.

40 hours of playtime ago, I almost quit P5 to finally start TMS because I wanted something similar but more fresh. Now you have me worried.

LiK

40 hours of playtime ago, I almost quit P5 to finally start TMS because I wanted something similar but more fresh. Now you have me worried.

TMS is great. Only two dungeons had some annoying puzzle mechanics. The rest were fairly straightforward. TMS dungeons are also significantly shorter than P5's.

hamchan

Gosh wrestling is so shit.

I just watched Conor McGregor effortlessly put on a promo better than anything WWE can shit out.

ev0

I just watched Conor McGregor effortlessly put on a promo better than anything WWE can shit out.

Now imagine how that press conference would have went if Vince and his writers overscripted it. So bad.

WWE has some people that can talk. Conor us superb at it. But WWE really makes it all a million times worse than it could be.

Hasney

You constantly see better everything in wrestling outside of WWE. Hell, the best WWE match this year came from two guys that aren't under full time WWE contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom