• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
He does that a lot. He picks up the vibe of something and stays with it. But especially with multiplayer games you have to be somewhat careful about that. Pretty sure he did it with SFV recently, too.

Also literally any time he would ask ben about persona

The GOTY talk this week encouraged me to go back and start listening to all previous years' GOTY deliberations again. The most baffling thing to me still has to be Jeff's irrational hatred of LIMBO.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The GOTY talk this week encouraged me to go back and start listening to all previous years' GOTY deliberations again. The most baffling thing to me still has to be Jeff's irrational hatred of LIMBO.

Nothing irrational about that.
Limbo is the definition of style over substance.

Hindl

The week's podcast laid the ground work for PUBG to win Game of the Year over Zelda. And the meltdowns will be glorious.
Eh in this thread at least I think most people have accepted it'll happen
I totally get him or anyone else not liking it. But the way he talked about that game was very unlike him.
I don't remember his exact argument about it, what did he say? I remember feeling similar when they first talked about it when it came out

Hindl

You think that until it happens

people on this forum go insane on zelda. it was the last of us before the last of us.
Maybe, and we do a GOTY thread on Gaming side right? That'll attract non-regulars and those people will most likely go nuts. But I think Oti is really the only one in GBGAF holding out that Zelda will take #1

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I mean, has Pubg made Dan cry? Checkmate.

he hasn't gotten a chicken dinner yet.

botw is just another zelda game, but in an open world. bosses sucked, and the world kinda felt empty and lame at times unless you went to the same tree area for the fourth time to fight another round of the same enemies.

he hasn't gotten a chicken dinner yet.

botw is just another zelda game, but in an open world. bosses sucked, and the world kinda felt empty and lame at times unless you went to the same tree area for the fourth time to fight another round of the same enemies.

He got one recently

KvD4wdx.png

robotrock

Banned
Y'all are crazy if you think Mario Odyssey makes top 5. Did Galaxy 2 even make their top 10 in 2010? Mario 3D World might have just slid in 2013's list.

what if Mario Odyssey is bad, you guys

I'm scared
I realize these guys made Super Mario Sunshine and that really sucked, but literally every other 3D Mario is pretty great. I have faith.

They are crazy for not being more into Zelda.

That game is just so fucking good.

And it's easy to get back into it, so I don't get Jeff's complaint. I played a lot of the game from its release to when Persona 5 got released. Then I switched to P5, played it non-stop until I beat it, which took me 150 hours. When I got back to Zelda, it had been almost two months since I had last played it.

I had zero issues getting back into it.

Karspankey I love your coot.

They are crazy for not being more into Zelda.

That game is just so fucking good.

And it's easy to get back into it, so I don't get Jeff's complaint. I played a lot of the game from its release to when Persona 5 got released. Then I switched to P5, played it non-stop until I beat it, which took me 150 hours. When I got back to Zelda, it had been almost two months since I had last played it.

I had zero issues getting back into it.

That has to be purely interest issues and not mechanical.

The only Mario in the top 5 will be XCOM Mario. GOTY is PUBG followed by Horizon, maybe Nier, CoD is probably there

Wait is XCOM Mario out this year?

I realize these guys made Super Mario Sunshine and that really sucked, but literally every other 3D Mario is pretty great. I have faith.

but this is the first time they've done a 3D Mario in this style since Sunshine

what if the hat stuff is like FLUDD in that it seems cool but is more of a hassle than anything

Catvoca

Banned
"Player Unknowns Battlegrounds sure is a good game"
Man they're really talking about this game too much, maybe I'll skip ahead
"The thing about wrestling is"
Ugh, more wrestling talk, well at least it's over now and we can move on to better -
"Here's the problem with modern board games from someone who doesn't play board games"

Ok, this Bombcast is trash so far.

oti

Banned
"Player Unknowns Battlegrounds sure is a good game"
Man they're really talking about this game too much, maybe I'll skip ahead
"The thing about wrestling is"
Ugh, more wrestling talk, well at least it's over now and we can move on to better -
"Here's the problem with modern board games from someone who doesn't play board games"

Ok, this Bombcast is trash so far.

You're describing every Bombcast.

Hindl

Next month.

GB didn't even care about XCOM 2
But they gave XCOM 1 GOTY, and one of the first things Jeff said in the E3 postshow was "It's like a more fun XCOM?"

what if the hat stuff is like FLUDD in that it seems cool but is more of a hassle than anything
That would suck but we'll live. Basically can't trust reviews though, Sunshine had critical acclaim. I'm a little wary of Odyssey honestly. I love the concept and it seems like there's a ton of variety, but I need to see less open exploration and more actual challenging platforming at some point
Y'all are crazy if you think Mario Odyssey makes top 5. Did Galaxy 2 even make their top 10 in 2010? Mario 3D World might have just slid in 2013's list.
2010 and 2013 didn't have Dan "Mario is one of my top 3 franchises of all time" Ryckert and most of the crew is really excited for Odyssey, even Jeff who completely skipped 3DWorld. Odyssey is the game that's going to get Vinny to buy a Switch. It's different, while 3DW was good but pretty safe. They'll all at least play it and we'll see

oti

Banned
But they gave XCOM 1 GOTY, and one of the first things Jeff said in the E3 postshow was "It's like a more fun XCOM?"

That would suck but we'll live. Basically can't trust reviews though, Sunshine had critical acclaim. I'm a little wary of Odyssey honestly. I love the concept and it seems like there's a ton of variety, but I need to see less open exploration and more actual challenging platforming at some point

As someone who doesn't care that much about sandboxes in video games, I hope there's not too much fat around the platforming challenges.

I'm not even sure why we need that sandbox.

Oh no wait, I know. Because nostalgia blinded people believe that Mario 64 is better than Mario Galaxy. And they are wrong.

robotrock

Banned

ca3095edd7b0a83e2b06faaa3315cb7b9d9e1127_hq.gif

Looks so satisfying here though

Would not be surprised if controlling dinosaurs and frogs turn out to feel way less fun than controlling Mario. But I'm still glad they're doing it, 3D Mario needs some kind of a change up. Hopefully it works out really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom