• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Myggen

Ah, the Monster Hunter problem.

Yeah, pretty much. I assume that the Naruto games are a bit less complicated than the MH games (I haven't played a Naruto game since I stopped caring about Naruto, which is a few years ago), but it's probably a similar thing.

Frith

What is "going turd miles per hour" even referencing? And more importantly, what the hell does it mean?

It's from fibbage you offer up words for a blanked out sentence.

going _____ miles per hour.

What does it mean?
It means they should have hired a woman.

The UNS games are pretty massively popular and seem to sell a steady amount (numbered entries inch near three million each time). They probably do figure it's the same people buying the game each iteration and the people who are buying the off-year versions (like Generations or Revolution this year) are people who are well-entrenched in the series.

Zaph

The UNS games are pretty massively popular and seem to sell a steady amount (numbered entries inch near three million each time). They probably do figure it's the same people buying the game each iteration and the people who are buying the off-year versions (like Generations or Revolution this year) are people who are well-entrenched in the series.

That is insane. The realities of licensed games never fail to surprise me.

demidar

That is insane. The realities of licensed games never fail to surprise me.

To be fair, for fans of Naruto the licensed games are probably fairly good with heaps of great fanservice and better than average gameplay relative to other licensed games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a proper Naruto Musou yet. The closest thing was some PSP game. They certainly have the roster for it.

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a proper Naruto Musou yet. The closest thing was some PSP game. They certainly have the roster for it.

I'm sure there will be eventually. Namco is definitely counting on Naruto being like DBZ and having million+ sellers long after the series is over (which is soon). Probably don't want to step on One Piece Musou's toes this quickly.

Zaph

Ugh, speaking of sales, I just saw the D4 thread today. 10k? Our Sweary deserves better.

Hopefully MS does him a solid and allows a PC release or something.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think Microsoft or anyone really expects d4 to do well sales wise. It's pretty much a vanity project to appeal to the "hardcore".

Risible

GOAT pairing for Qiocklooks was either Jeff/Ryan or Jeff/Vinny. Both pairings have produced some of the most amazing content ever. Come on down to Big Jeffrey's!

I don't think Microsoft or anyone really expects d4 to do well sales wise. It's pretty much a vanity project to appeal to the "hardcore".

My guess is that it was a "Look what we can do with Kinect" project from the Mattrick-era and Spencer was none too fond of it.

The way everything happened makes me think they dumped too much money in to it to cancel it, so they just kind of dropped it off at the edge of town and drove away.

who on earth

would look at d4

and say

yes this will sell well

I don't know, and Microsoft have been complete idiots with how they've handled it too. You dumb motherfuckers, you actually have an exclusive game (well, that and Forza) come out and you don't bother to promote it? Release date was basically announced two days before release and it's nowhere to be found on the main pages?

SWERY deserves better. edit: and apparently he followed me on twitter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't wait for GB West vs GB East vs GB Patrick Bloodborne race.

Where Patrick dominates through sheer chance.

Jeff Green or Kay are valid replacements - for complete opposite reasons.

TallBackBlackfish.gif

Myggen

I should watch Jeff Green's DS2 run, shouldn't I?

As much as I love Jeff Green, his DS2 run makes his DS1 run seem like a speedrun. At least know that going in :p

And Patrick showed that he's the luckiest motherfucker (and quite good at the game too) when he played DS1, so I fully expect him to be the first to finish Bloodborne among the GB crew.

Surprise twist: Jeff will be the first to finish Bloodborne!

Aaron

Agreed. They really should consider just letting somebody from GB or GS do it.
Patrick is usually fine, but I don't know if he was rushed this time or what, but his current article reads like a first draft. An editor would hand it back as is, and tell him to have another go at it.

BearPawB

Banned
Not enough people on the internet talking about neverending nightmares.
Really enjoyed my time with it so far.
Not like...a super spooky horror game. But damn unsettling, and apparently multiple branching paths.

Top Bottom