• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

JonCha

GOAT pairing for Qiocklooks was either Jeff/Ryan or Jeff/Vinny. Both pairings have produced some of the most amazing content ever. Come on down to Big Jeffrey's!

The best thing about the Big Jeffrey quick look was the discussion about the ride going under the track and into the water a while before it happened. Probably the hardest I've laughed at any Quick Look on Giant Bomb.

Mully

What ever happened to that secret video they recorded and would take a couple weeks to edit?

What if that video was just the GB crew redoing the Too Human thing with Dan and Jason? The video would be hood as shit, Jeff would be putting the industry on alert as he went off on #GAMERGATE. Dan, Jason, Drew, and Brad would be in the background. Then Drew would hand him a Choco-Taco.

popo

What does it mean?
It means they should have hired a woman.

Pretty sure that is a joke but there is a point on that Half Life Marathon where Mary (along with fake Drew and Danny) is shouting "poop" for what feels like a half hour.

Video embargo lifts on Release which is tomorrow. So QL tomorrow ?

Brad said on release.

I just found out last gen versions come out in November, so I am a bit disappointed. Not ready to upgrade yet and doubt my PC will run it.

Dan said in the last thread that it's coming eventually but it's not a priority.

Like "the raid" and "world tour" it is something they never should have hyped until it was ready. Not really their fault - sometimes they forget how many people read their twitter.

Pretty sure that is a joke but there is a point on that Half Life Marathon where Mary (along with fake Drew and Danny) is shouting "poop" for what feels like a half hour.

Brad said on release.

I just found out last gen versions come out in November, so I am a bit disappointed. Not ready to upgrade yet and doubt my PC will run it.

Like "the raid" and "world tour" it is something they never should have hyped until it was ready. Not really their fault - sometimes they forget how many people read their twitter.

The last gen versions are already compromised. They toned down the best thing about Shadow Of Mordor which is the nemesis system.

bigkrev

demo derby.

a fucking ps2 rave. god damn. jesus christ. someone save me.

I laughed when I saw Jason Biggs was there, because I remember an EGM article on the Gamecube and Xbox launch parties and them mentioning it was weird that he was at both of them

demo derby.

a fucking ps2 rave. god damn. jesus christ. someone save me.

8JrNztQ.png

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

Jeff thinking out loud about the raid is completely dissimilar to an official promotion they ran for a world tour. Bad planning and idea in the first place, and I don't think any of the na/eu/aus targets were met, but any hype for that particular idea is completely on them.

Kelas

They should get jeff green on the bombcast again soon.

So, Alex said that MK8's framerate in 3/4 player splitscreen is "absolute garbage".. The game runs at locked 30 fps at that point, so I can only assume that he doesn't really play console games that much.

Not that he's wrong, though.

So, Alex said that MK8's framerate in 3/4 player splitscreen is "absolute garbage".. The game runs at locked 30 fps at that point, so I can only assume that he doesn't really play console games that much.

Mario Kart 8 is really good for showing people who allegedly can't tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps that they actually can tell the difference.

Kelas

Where is he located now anyway?

He lives in berkeley iirc. I don't think he had to move when he started working for hit detection, so I assume he's as close to the cbsi offices as he has ever been.

Zaph

Always odd when they say things like "Not like there's anything else to play...". Had a great time with Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Fenix Rage and Wasteland 2 this weekend.

Patrick really needs to play Vanishing of Ethan Carter. It's fucking great.

He needs to play The Longest Journey and Dreamfall as well, if he hasn't. That he cares about women in games but hasn't played that series seems crazy. Such great character writing, with a female lead, over a decade ago. Plus it's just a great series.

Maybe I'll shoot him a note through GB.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Also Patrick's reasoning about Nintendo not being known for technical marvels was a little weird. They actually ARE known for very stable framerates and making the best looking games on their platforms.

Also Patrick's reasoning about Nintendo not being known for technical marvels was a little weird. They actually ARE known for very stable framerates and making the best looking games on their platforms.

I think he's conflating constructing weaker hardware with a lack of technical prowess in creating software running on that hardware.

I haven't listened to this morning's show, but the devs over at Nintendo have always done the best with what they have. That since the DS they've always been a generation behind tech-wise with every machine released makes it so their games aren't pushing the latest tech, yeah that's true, but they always maximize their efforts. The Galaxy games still hold up, for example, and their first party Wii U games all stand up really well to PS4/XB1 games thanks to them finally have some decent hardware to work with and great art direction.

That part I found weird as well. Especially since one of the popular webm's and gifs thrown around when people start having a "60FPS vs 30FPS" non-argument is the one of F-Zero I think on the Gamecube?

The one thing I respect Nintendo for even though I don't get as excited for their games anymore is the "gameplay first" mentality, and that also means they will always target 60FPS

Top Bottom