• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

I'm so damn pumped for tomorrow! Gonna buy Chinese food(I'd buy Taco Bell but there isn't one near me) and just savor every minute of it.

...Is it pathetic if I daydream at work of how Drew will react to some of the scenes at the ending? I can't be the only one..

4O5OZQn.gif

Kindred spirits.

we're all a little Kacho.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Big mgs spoiler:
didn't dan spoil the whole reveal of miller as liquid
in the demo derby? I mean maybe drew forgot.

Has anyone seen recent videos on the Android Video Buddy since Saturday? I don't see the Derby and quick looks. I resynced my Boxxy key and did the Play Store update. It may be borked.

Volotaire

Big mgs spoiler:
didn't dan spoil the whole reveal of miller as liquid
in the demo derby? I mean maybe drew forgot.

True, but I 'd like to think Drew either forgot it because he had no clue/forgot who Miller was when he was going through codec calls.

Kelas

Dang I was hoping I was misremembering.

I like to think Drew forgot, heck I forgot Dan spoiled it. Drew would've mentioned it or something if he remembered Master was Liquid, after all he remembered Psycho Mantis and some other stuff.

Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if drew recognised that it was a good thing to "forget" for the sake of entertainment. From what little we know of drew, he doesn't seem like he would legitimately forget something like that.
Hopefully I'm wrong, not that it matters too much, the stream will still be great.

Drew admitted in the first video that he forgot almost everything that Dan said in the demo derby.

Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if drew recognised that it was a good thing to "forget" for the sake of entertainment. From what little we know of drew, he doesn't seem like he would legitimately forget something like that.

Except this is MGS and is probably one of the most plot heavy games out there with overtop twists in the middle of all of it.

Everything's still showing up for me. But then, I'm still using the old Whiskey Media app. Maybe it's to do with the publishing issues they've been having?

Yeah that MGS plot twist was extremely obvious anyway... but man I wish it want premium content because I'd love to see some of that endurance run.

Dang I was hoping I was misremembering.

Hopefully I'm wrong, not that it matters too much, the stream will still be great.

Drew admitted in the first video that he forgot almost everything that Dan said in the demo derby.

Except this is MGS and is probably one of the most plot heavy games out there with overtop twists in the middle of all of it.

And I think Dan only mentioned it in a passing comment.
I'm making excuses for Drew because I want to see his legitimate reaction to that part.

I've played through all the mainline mgs games multiple times and there are plenty of things I forget all the time. It's so plot and twist heavy it's pretty normal to forget a lot of it.

Especially (and I say this with great reverence for the series) when a lot of it straight up isn't worth remembering.

Kelas

And I think Dan only mentioned it in a passing comment.
I'm making excuses for Drew because I want to see his legitimate reaction to that part.

Yeah even if he remembered, he has much more context for it now so it'll be fun to see his reaction.

Zabant

It's incredible how despite everything the guys have done, the basic; and original concept of two dudes playing through an entire game (mgs) is the best thing they have done in a while.

P4 ER will still be the OG, but so far metal gear scanlon is up there in the top ten.

jmood88

Watched the playstation demo derby and I hadn't laughed that hard in awhile. I really gotta get back to watching the videos like I used to.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's incredible how despite everything the guys have done, the basic; and original concept of two dudes playing through an entire game (mgs) is the best thing they have done in a while.

P4 ER will still be the OG, but so far metal gear scanlon is up there in the top ten.

Nah, backflips in bioforge is still incredible. Second only to the P4 ER.

I think the way they fall into it makes a big difference too. Forcing an ER just to have one doesn't work. MGS is hardly an obscure game, but having the demo disc taster to start things off made it more enjoyable.

Everyone is desperate for them to move on to MGS 2 as soon as possible, but having a little break while Drew is away will be good, I think.

Mully

I'm surprised that Drew could write in Aurebesh. I didn't expect that level of nerdiness from him.

Drew is not human. He is IBM's Watson hidden within a Norwegian man's body dressed in skinny jeans, and luscious long locks of golden blonde hair. He knows all, and is all.

Please get someone to read over your articles Patrick. That FOMO article was rough to read. Who uses FOMO? I have kids and there is always a fear of missing that DAY ONE HYPE (DOH) especially with fighting games. Destiny is a drop in, drop out co-op adventure game with a good shooter. Its also makes it easy to float from one group to another, especially with other dad gamers. Quick chasing those caves or XP.

Please get someone to read over your articles Patrick. That FOMO article was rough to read. Who uses FOMO? I have kids and there is always a fear of missing that DAY ONE HYPE (DOH) especially with fighting games. Destiny is a drop in, drop out co-op adventure game with a good shooter. Its also makes it easy to float from one group to another, especially with other dad gamers. Quick chasing those caves or XP.

I dunno if i would call missing out on a fighting game day one FOMO so much as a mistake. If you want to get into a fighting game, the best time is on day one, when both rookies and season fighting pros are online. The longer you wait, the less likely you can hang with the online crowd as A) the rookies might get frustrated about getting whooped so they stop playing B) the rookies evolve, become decent at the game so much that they can compete with C) the seasoned players who are the majority of the players that remain after some time.

I rarely buy a game on day one anymore because it makes no sense money-wise but when it comes to a fighting game i'm interested in, i'll pull the trigger. Otherwise, i might as well not even bother with the online.

Zabant

I think the way they fall into it makes a big difference too. Forcing an ER just to have one doesn't work. MGS is hardly an obscure game, but having the demo disc taster to start things off made it more enjoyable.

Everyone is desperate for them to move on to MGS 2 as soon as possible, but having a little break while Drew is away will be good, I think.

it's also going to result in drew forgetting absolutely everything that happened in the first game bar the obvious 'there's a guy named snake' and 'metal gears r bad.'

Myggen

it's also going to result in drew forgetting absolutely everything that happened in the first game bar the obvious 'there's a guy named snake' and 'metal gears r bad.'

Dan can get him up to speed. It's not like a whole lot of story happens in the first game, and you only need the basics of it.

Really, there are like only a handful of things you need to remember from MGS1:
Snake, Otacon, Ocelot, Liquid, and the stuff that happens after the credits from MGS1

Also, I'm fucking stoked to see drew's reaction to the after the credits reveal in MGS1. If he's not feeling Metal Gear after that, then he'll never be into it.

Zabant

Dan can get him up to speed. It's not like a whole lot of story happens in the first game, and you only need the basics of it.

Dont get me wrong, I don't think drew forgetting everything is bad, in fact it will probably add to how ridiculous the already absurd story of 2 is for him.

Drew's reactions are going to be priceless.

Top Bottom