• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

steadfast

I've been wondering this since I watched it subbed, but generally speaking is Van Damme just a much more eloquent actor in his native tongue or does it just sound like that to me as an English speaker?

Probably because you're an English speaker. I like subbed movies because I have no idea if the actor is terrible or not; it's just easy to assume everything you're watching is award-winning material.

Guys, I don't mean to alarm anyone, but this thread was just made and we're already a quarter of the way through it.

Gotta go fast

Should be a bit better for the next few weeks since there won't be any Rylon content. Also we need Dan to stop talking about food.

Tucah

you speak so well
Gotta go fast

Should be a bit better for the next few weeks since there won't be any Rylon content. Also we need Dan to stop talking about food.

I dunno, Dan didn't seem to like Alien so if he does the QL for that we might get some more Metro-esque arguments in this thread.

Myggen

I dunno, Dan didn't seem to like Alien so if he does the QL for that we might get some more Metro-esque arguments in this thread.

Seems to be Brad driving the QL, from what he said on Twitter at least. And yeah, IIRC Dan was a big fan of Amnesia so it's a bit surprising that he doesn't like Alien, Seems like Neverending Nightmare will be Dan's horror game of the month.

How did Brad deal with his hdmi issue on his PS4 (I remember him talking about it a few bombcasts ago)? I have the same problem - If I don't turn the TV on at the right time, the handshake (or whatever it is) between the PS4 and the TV doesn't happen and therefore no signal. Annoying. I need some more stability updates!

Curufinwe

How did Brad deal with his hdmi issue on his PS4 (I remember him talking about it a few bombcasts ago)? I have the same problem - If I don't turn the TV on at the right time, the handshake (or whatever it is) between the PS4 and the TV doesn't happen and therefore no signal. Annoying. I need some more stability updates!

Have you tried switching ports? When I got my PS4 I plugged it into HDMI2 and got nothing. So I swapped it to HDMI4 and it worked fine.

strafer

Alien is probably one of the most important horror movies ever made.

It's a true classic and one of my most watched movies ever.

Tucah

you speak so well

I'd probably put Alien on my top 10 favorite movies of all time. I still have no interest in Alien: whatever the subtitle of this game is, for some reason.

Turn off HDCP if you don't need it. Its in system settings.

so1337

Looks like EA wins this round.
ibh1sFCJbxtP29.gif

shwimpy

I watched it again last night in preparation for Isolation tonight. It definitely is a true classic and also, fuck Jonesy.

Myggen

I'd probably put Alien on my top 10 favorite movies of all time. I still have no interest in Alien: whatever the subtitle of this game is, for some reason.

I don't have that much love for the Alien franchise, but yeah, Alien is a really great movie. But I'm in general not that interested in slow horror games, outside of Amnesia I haven't really found one that has grabbed me.

edit: Silent Hill 2 is pretty great too.

We have a Mod patron now though and he only hates us some of the time. Should be enough to save us from community.
Not that I really care either way.

The Super Best Friends thread also makes this thread look like we're on topic all the time, and are moving at a reasonable pace.

popo

Guys, I don't mean to alarm anyone, but this thread was just made and we're already a quarter of the way through it.

We have a Mod patron now though and he only hates us some of the time. Should be enough to save us from community.

we stay amazingly on subject a majority of the time

i clicked on that super best friends thing once and oh god

I don't have that much love for the Alien franchise, but yeah, Alien is a really great movie. But I'm in general not that interested in slow horror games, outside of Amnesia I haven't really found one that has grabbed me.

edit: Silent Hill 2 is pretty great too.

The Super Best Friends thread also makes this thread look like we're on topic all the time, and are moving at a reasonable pace.

I am more of a Survival action horror guy so that is why i will be playing Evil Within first.

inky

I knew you were alright strafer, even when you say dumb stuff here and there :p

Alien is a masterpiece.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta hand it to GS, they have not been pulling any punches lately with their reviews. Props to those guys.

Looks like it's just Kevin VanOrd. Destiny, Alien and now DriveClub all reviewed by him. Hyrule Warriors scored higher than all of them XD

Looks like it's just Kevin VanOrd. Destiny, Alien and now DriveClub all reviewed by him. Hyrule Warriors scored higher than all of them XD
Man, that dude was getting eaten alive on Twitter by a bunch of assholes the other night. It was legitimately stomach turning. And I'm not even very familiar with his work.

Aaron

Man, that dude was getting eaten alive on Twitter by a bunch of assholes the other night. It was legitimately stomach turning. And I'm not even very familiar with his work.
He's a guy who dares to use the entire number scale instead of just 7-10. That's bound to earn you some fanboy hate.

Dany

Banned

He is an incredibly harsh critic and I really like that about him. When gamespot had podcasts he could be very grating, but thats because he is very honest.

He's a guy who dares to use the entire number scale instead of just 7-10. That's bound to earn you some fanboy hate.
Oh, it wasn't even related to reviews. He tweeted that he saw some people who were active in GG celebrating the death of a trans dev. I'd say you can imagine what happened next, but it was actually uglier than that.

Top Bottom