• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

def sim

I'd agree, but I'm just saying I can understand how someone who has next to no car experience like Dan would not encounter the word. I'm also in my 30s and owned a CRX in the 90s. But it's just not as common now.

Oh, sure, I see what you mean. I don't fault him for not knowing it!

Anyway, I'm glad to see more upcoming Spelunky content on the site. I'm looking forward to giving it another go on one more platform.

Aerocrane

Maybe they're still tryna fix that bug from the unfinished gb did.

From the beta the game definitely still felt unfinished, the graphics especially felt lacking although the handling wasn't great either. I want to like the game but it feels like Test Drive Unlimited 2 with a new setting and a different handling model. I'm not expecting it to receive much promotion nor good reviews.

Driveclub seems like a weird game. Very bland and I'm surprised to hear it doesn't even have tuning in it. And 30 fps isn't doing it any favors on the visual side.

Myggen

Driveclub seems like a weird game. Very bland and I'm surprised to hear it doesn't even have tuning in it. And 30 fps isn't doing it any favors on the visual side.

I think it makes more sense if you think of it as a launch game. That's what it was supposed to be, and I can't imagine they did much more than fix the game in the year since. So the lack of features perfectly fits it originally being a launch game.

I think it makes more sense if you think of it as a launch game. That's what it was supposed to be, and I can't imagine they did much more than fix the game in the year since. So the lack of features perfectly fits it originally being a launch game.

But if this is what the game is now, what the hell did they have a year ago? They've gone on record saying the game could've been released at launch, but they wanted to spend the extra time to make it even better. If the game a year ago was anywhere close to what it is now, they'd probably have been better of releasing it back then and telling people it'll be updated over time.

Myggen

Jeff sounds way too confused about an arcade racer.

Didn't he say that it didn't really feel like neither an arcade or a sim racer, but somewhere in the middle that didn't make much sense for him? Seems like something like FH2, but that that game hit the balance better for him. It's not a pure arcade racer like the Burnout games, so it is a more hybrid kind of game like FH.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Everything about Driveclub, the lack of features, the confused identity, the apparently terrible AI, all the way down to the PS+ demo, it all only made sense as a launch game. A year later it's baffling. Almost feel like they should have Last Guardian'd this one and just told everybody it was being worked on for the next five years.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the QL while Jeff and Dan chatted and the pace of the race was like they were having that same conversation in the game car. Just....sterile. And slow.

Kerned

Banned
I heard some hearsay about it being an issue with some folks still having not updated their firmware yet or something to that effect. At any rate I haven't experienced this issue on my Vita.
Interesting. This problem actually began right after I DID update my firmware. Ah well, hopefully it gets sorted out eventually.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm having a greek yogurt with fig in it right now.

Does it mean that I'm having greek yogurt with parasitic wasps?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh FIGS! I was wondering what the hell they were talking about so I googled it. Now I get it. I learned the english word for Feige. It was a productive day.

hamchan

Driveclub multiplayer looks really annoying with people just crashing into Jeff from the side and getting an advantage from it. I suppose this might be a common thing in racing games though.

Driveclub multiplayer looks really annoying with people just crashing into Jeff from the side and getting an advantage from it. I suppose this might be a common thing in racing games though.

it's the only way I ever won Forza races.

rubbing is racing

Zaph

When I was really into Forza and PGR, we'd call it 'wishboning'. One of the reasons why people would mostly stick to custom games with known people (or randoms you could kick if they didn't drive clean).

daydream

Banned
Curious to hear Jeff and Brad's reaction to Smash WiiU still coming out this year (Nov. 21 for US, Dec. 5 for EU). Even when the November release date was all but confirmed they were beating the drum of "this can't POSSIBLE come out this year" which was a bit awkward to listen to.

So after watching the Avalon video, I finally got round to watching the first part (well, I'm 80 mins in) of Pathfinder on the site.

I had to skip 30mins (in 2 min chunks) because my god how long does this game take to setup. I thought this was supposed to be a simplier version of the game. Is it fun to watch for people who haven't ever played D&D?

It's a little like the Persona and Deadly Premonition ERs in that I just don't think I have the patience to sit through the build up to the good stuff. I realise I'm in the massive minority of people who have been subscribers since day 1 and haven't watched these fully.

daydream

Banned
So after watching the Avalon video, I finally got round to watching the first part (well, I'm 80 mins in) of Pathfinder on the site.

I had to skip 30mins (in 2 min chunks) because my god how long does this game take to setup. I thought this was supposed to be a simplier version of the game. Is it fun to watch for people who haven't ever played D&D?

It's a little like the Persona and Deadly Premonition ERs in that I just don't think I have the patience to sit through the build up to the good stuff. I realise I'm in the massive minority of people who have been subscribers since day 1 and haven't watched these fully.

FWIW, I only made it through the P4 ER on my third attempt. The first two times I stopped after a few episodes. That said, keep at it and you will be rewarded with the best content available on the site (imo). It doesn't even take that long to ramp up. What was the last episode you watched?

I've never played D&D but I really enjoyed the Pathfinder videos. I didn't pay too much attention during the setup, though, just had it running in the background. Once the game gets going that's when you wanna pay attention. V-Bomb and his antics are just too good to miss.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Googling it, I have literally never see one of those before. Strange-looking fruit.

I don't really like them anyway, they taste weird. (Not bad, just weird)

Also if Dan now doesn't eat figs anymore, nobody should probably tell him about chocolate...

Myggen

Face scan stuff confirmed for the NBA 2K15 QL. Alex in the comments on the recent trailer he posted:

@endlessobsidian: Indeed! I plan to make my own career character today to show off some of the later mode stuff, but I figure we'll scan Vinny's face for his own character for the QL.

Dragon

Banned
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Jeff spent almost no time figuring out what the PS+ edition of the game is. Since they've been very concrete about it leading up to launch. It would have taken five minutes to google it instead of present it the way that he did. Oh well, some things don't change.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Jeff spent almost no time figuring out what the PS+ edition of the game is. Since they've been very concrete about it leading up to launch. It would have taken five minutes to google it instead of present it the way that he did. Oh well, some things don't change.

They don't even know the price for many of the games they quick look. This is par for the course.

FWIW, I only made it through the P4 ER on my third attempt. The first two times I stopped after a few episodes. That said, keep at it and you will be rewarded with the best content available on the site (imo). It doesn't even take that long to ramp up. What was the last episode you watched?

I've never played D&D but I really enjoyed the Pathfinder videos. I didn't pay too much attention during the setup, though, just had it running in the background. Once the game gets going that's when you wanna pay attention. V-Bomb and his antics are just too good to miss.

Cool. I think I got to around episode 10 on the Persona QL and Episode 4 on the Deadly Premonition. Will give them another go one day.

Dragon

Banned
They don't even know the price for many of the games they quick look. This is par for the course.

The problem is, in this case, they presented it as if Sony botched that (Evolution obviously botched many aspects of the game for sure) when they didn't. The misinformation and lack of accountability is annoying and why I really have a hard time listening to Jeff bitch the entire quick look. When they express that in the way they do, why would anyone consider any of other information they're presenting is in any way close to being the truth?

popo

So what is it? Don't make me google.

Top Bottom