• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Tucah

you speak so well
Never forget.

ixWb0Pv1s1X2C.jpg

That was some crazy shit back in the day, people get serious over their Zelda games.

8.8 is still too high for TP

Zaph

Oh, it wasn't even related to reviews. He tweeted that he saw some people who were active in GG celebrating the death of a trans dev. I'd say you can imagine what happened next, but it was actually uglier than that.

Everything in this post. What the fuck.

chris121580

Good on them to finally disable Youtube comments on their videos. Can't blame them for that. So many stupid things would be posted about their videos

I really liked many aspects of Skyward Sword, but I never felt like I really got the combat system. When it worked I enjoyed it, but most of the time I felt like I was screwing it up. And the lack of a traditional overworld made the entire game feel like a side story or something. I need to go back and finish it. And ALBW.

Bacon

Oh, it wasn't even related to reviews. He tweeted that he saw some people who were active in GG celebrating the death of a trans dev. I'd say you can imagine what happened next, but it was actually uglier than that.

Was it about the riot developer? That was a tragic story.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Never forget.

Jeff even mentioned that back in the day review scores were basically based on a checklist and all the things it did well or sucked at either added do it or lowered it so it's not like he chose specifically to give it 8.8 out of the blue. Some people on the internet are just the worst.
It's nice to see Kevin giving younger reviewers the example that not everything has to be 7-10. I think he's the only one left from the old guard after recent layoffs.

The 8.8 reaction is what taught me the internet was a horrible place so it's burned into my memory forever. I was such a naive and innocent 14 year old before that :(

There are some fucking wackos out there.

I mean, "Gamecube version for the win" - really? C'mon son.

People give GAF some shit for its inconsistent moderation at times, but man, if you grew up with GameFAQs as your main message board you'd find yourself not complaining as much.

Sometimes, it seeps through, and you'll get juniors who you look at and you just go, huh, a gamefaqqer slip through the cracks. But overall GAF is usually better in regards to post quality and periodic uses of common sense and decency.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Costume Quest 2 is making me really wish that South Park game had Halloween DLC. Because I feel like that South Park game is a more realized version of Costume Quest. Other than the M Rating.

Tucah

you speak so well
Costume Quest 2 is making me really wish that South Park game had Halloween DLC. Because I feel like that South Park game is a more realized version of Costume Quest. Other than the M Rating.

I would have bought so any and all story DLC for South Park, such a missed opportunity.

There are some fucking wackos out there.

I mean, "Gamecube version for the win" - really? C'mon son.

whaaat? get out of here with your TP Wii version-playing insanity.

Link doesn't even use the correct arm in the Wii version!

I never played the Wii version

Nethaniah

Don't regret paying full price for Stick of Truth but there was a severe lack of content imho, 9 hours...

Wish they would do a sequel.

morpix

Every day Dan Ryckert makes me more and more terrified of him... In the Driveclub QL he didn't know what a hatchback was...

komplanen

Anyone else disappointed Patrick is doing Scooping with Poops about a game he has already finished and reviewed? What's the point in playing a horror game twice, especially when it seems way more scripted than people thought.

daydream

Banned
Wait, pre-order costumes for CQ2? Hope those won't remain exclusive because that'd be fucked.

Edit: "Only for preorder", wtf.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't regret paying full price for Stick of Truth but there was a severe lack of content imho, 9 hours...

Wish they would do a sequel.

16.4 Hours here. I thought it was much longer than I expected. You can't make a 'light hearted' RPG that drags on forever. I was amazed they were able to take a 22 minute format and turn it into the length that they did without it getting old, honestly. Easily my GOTY. The only competition for it for me for the rest of the year is Hotline Miami 2, Dragon Age, and Warlords of Draenor. Which is kind of cheating.

Anyone else disappointed Patrick is doing Scooping with Poops about a game he has already finished and reviewed? What's the point in playing a horror game twice, especially when it seems way more scripted than people thought.

Did he play the DLC for review purposes. I am more excited for Spelunkin !

Nethaniah

16.4 Hours here. I thought it was much longer than I expected. You can't make a 'light hearted' RPG that drags on forever. I was amazed they were able to take a 22 minute format and turn it into the length that they did without it getting old, honestly. Easily my GOTY.

I did not go for every achievement and after i read that there was no real side content i was kind of done with it.

I will say that most of the non-show stuff Matt and Trey do tends to be awesome so i had no fears there.

tchocky

He said on twitter he is going to play the dlc on spookin which wouldn't be what he played for review.

valeo

He's playing something he hasn't played yet - the DLC...

Might want to wait until it actually goes up before spouting bs?

convo

He addressed that specifically in bombing the a.m. that he's going to do the dlc which he hasn't played yet.

Top Bottom