• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Dragon

Banned
So what is it? Don't make me google.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/07/driveclub-playstation-plus-edition-details-2/

One of the recurring questions we keep seeing is about the scale of the PlayStation Plus Edition. The simple answer is that with an active PlayStation Plus subscription, you can download DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition, which comes with one location (India), 11 tracks, 10 cars and access to all game modes.

It was posted five months ago and is on the first page of google.

Myggen

The problem is, in this case, they presented it as if Sony botched that (Evolution obviously botched many aspects of the game for sure) when they didn't. The misinformation and lack of accountability is annoying and why I really have a hard time listening to Jeff bitch the entire quick look. When they express that in the way they do, why would anyone consider any of other information they're presenting is in any way close to being the truth?

Well, he did say that he hadn't looked much into it since he was reviewing the full game, so at least he didn't present wrong opinions about the PS+ version as fact (as far as I heard). The other information expressed in that QL was mostly how Jeff felt it played and such.

popo

I am not saying press are not lazy, but Sony should have just gone ahead and included that info with the review copy.

Dragon

Banned
Well, he did say that he hadn't looked much into it since he was reviewing the full game, so at least he didn't present wrong opinions about the PS+ version as fact (as far as I heard). The other information expressed in that QL was mostly how Jeff felt it played and such.

He made absolutely no effort whatsoever really. I mean, he didn't know about the PS+ edition, he didn't know about the weather. Again, would have taken not much time to figure it out.

His thoughts on the gameplay are obviously subjective and I largely never agree with him on gameplay anyway :).

I am not saying press are not lazy, but Sony should have just gone ahead and included that info with the review copy.

I know GB QL a shitton of games and I'm sure they have a ton of QLs scheduled for the next few months. They simply shouldn't have mentioned those things if they didn't know because the speculation is dumb IMO. I don't know what's standard for review copies so not sure on that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

What?
BzW5Fp0CcAEd_b1.jpg

Where it always is this time of week, unreleased.

You are way too early.

It rarely ever comes out this early. Check back in 8 hours.

It usually comes in the afternoon PT now.

It doesn't get posted this early. Usually in about 7-8 hours from now unless we get an Earlycast.

I am going to send an angry tweet to the editor,

Dear Brad,

You are noob feeder at Dota 2, and you should feel bad for not releasing the Giantbomb Podcast in a timely manner for your east coast listener (8 AM -5 GMT Tuesday). I will duel you mid, no runes, Techies only, No suicides or you would be dishonored in the eyes of the internet and bring shame to your giantbombs. I am an Expert.

Signed
xXxSSJTechnoSteveVegetaGotenksxXx

Myggen

Are there any racing games that still use the old Gran Turismo format where you buy a car, earn money to upgrade, then buy a better car? The few racing games I've played recently all seem to treat car unlocks like call of duty.

Isn't Forza like that?

He made absolutely no effort whatsoever really. I mean, he didn't know about the PS+ edition, he didn't know about the weather. Again, would have taken not much time to figure it out.

His thoughts on the gameplay are obviously subjective and I largely never agree with him on gameplay anyway :).

I know GB QL a shitton of games and I'm sure they have a ton of QLs scheduled for the next few months. They simply shouldn't have mentioned those things if they didn't know because the speculation is dumb IMO. I don't know what's standard for review copies so not sure on that.

Have you watched a quick look before?

Renpatsu

Costume Quest 2 has great battle music.

Edit: Also to my surprise great movie recommendations in that quick look. Go check out Primer and JCVD if you haven't seen those.

Myggen

Costume Quest 2 has great battle music.

Edit: Also to my surprise great movie recommendations in that quick look. Go check out Primer and JCVD if you haven't seen those.

JCVD is fantastic. I was a bit meh on Primer, but loved Upstream Color, the new film from that actor/writer/director.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Maaaaaaan. Costume Quest 2 seems really charming but also like a game that would bore me to tears after just three or four battles. If you only offer "Attack" and "Run away" for battle strategies outside of the one super, at least make the battles a bit faster. Snappier. Quicker.

Myggen

Maaaaaaan. Costume Quest 2 seems really charming but also like a game that would bore me to tears after just three or four battles. If you only offer "Attack" and "Run away" for battle strategies outside of the one super, at least make the battles a bit faster. Snappier. Quicker.

Yeah, it's just like the first game in that regard.

Tucah

you speak so well
JCVD is fantastic. I was a bit meh on Primer, but loved Upstream Color, the new film from that actor/writer/director.

I'm totally the opposite on this - I loved Primer but didn't think much of Upstream Color. We can agree that JCVD is fantastic though.

As Alex/Vinny said in the QL, the best part of the first CQ was everything but the battle system, which definitely got tiring after a while. I thought I was all ready for another CQ game but this QL made me remember why I wasn't 100% into the first one and I think I might pass on the second.

Zaph

Guys, I don't mean to alarm anyone, but this thread was just made and we're already a quarter of the way through it.

Renpatsu

I've been wondering this since I watched it subbed, but generally speaking is Van Damme just a much more eloquent actor in his native tongue or does it just sound like that to me as an English speaker?

Top Bottom