• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

eyeless

But he's still here.

fh2DG4r.png
what am i looking at here, who is that

FluxWaveZ

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
That game is best played alone anyway, I think. But a good game suggestion if Brad is up for it. I only watched Patrick play it and that alone scared me to death, can't imagine actually playing it in a dark room.

This has to happen, specially if it's done late at night for maximum scariness. He doesn't have to finish PT, he just has to keep playing until he gets stuck at the end thanks to the obscure puzzle.

An-Det

Really glad Patrick is playing Neverending Nightmare, this had completely passed me by and it looks awesome. Loving the visual style.

We all come to Giant Bomb for informed videogames coverage, right?

"The Giant Bomb motto: You heard it here third" - Jeff

Surely there is a piece of equipment that could be used to hurt or kill those androids in the Alien Isolation QL, like a revolver with 20 rounds of ammunition or a hammer tool or something like that...

Surely there is a piece of equipment that could be used to hurt or kill those androids in the Alien Isolation QL, like a revolver with 20 rounds of ammunition or a hammer tool or something like that...

You saw how that went with that guy early in the QL. The 'bots don't go down from a bullet, and they're super strong. It would only take a couple seconds for them to incapacitate a regular human, and (for some reason) that quickly leads to them murdering said person afterwards. Ripley Jr. doesn't stand a chance; I'm honestly surprised she can take so much punishment already...

Also, I imagine they would pose no threat to the alien because of their slow reflexes.

Megasoum

Banned
The DC review thread is a-ma-zing.

I'm sad to see some people I used to have fun with in older racing OT or sim threads now shitting on everybody who dare say something negative about Driveclub though.

Edit:
Giant Bomb also said Dark Souls wasn't worth reviewing because they didn't like it.

Giant Bomb is a cesspool.

haha

The DC review thread is a-ma-zing.

I'm sad to see some people I used to have fun with in older racing OT or sim threads now shitting on everybody who dare say something negative about Driveclub though.

It's the same with Destiny-I feel for a game that you're really excited for, you have to temper your expectations. Which is why I'm happy I kinda killed my hype for Destiny after seeing the hype after beta...become so deafening in ways? And then after the fact, people started making excuses for the game..."It's a 10 year plan", "You have to play a certain way" "Activision forced Bungie to do it."..musings I've seen around the internet.

For Drive Club....after the first delay, I knew there was trouble a-brewing. It looked like an exciting game, and the online stuff was interesting, but in that time span, Forza came out and while not exactly the same, it had it's own features that I feel rivalled Driveclubs own. Forza Horizon 2 just sealed that for me-They already released one Forza this gen, and this one kind of polishes on what that one had and builds upon it.

I don't blame the people who are defending DriveClub. This is their first real exclusive Racing game on the PS4. If they don't actively defend it, then they stop enjoying playing the game. Maybe.

I just kind of accepted that different people aren't going to like the same thing I like.

Got me through life ok.

Pretty much. I like DMC2 and Dynasty Warriors, and even though they're both generally shat about in the media, I still enjoy them and don't feel a need to come up to their defense.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just kind of accepted that different people aren't going to like the same thing I like.

Got me through life ok.

I feel like it's beginning to be an established trend for game OTs to be the hype-only zone where negativity isn't allowed, the review threads where the battles are fought, and generally people critical of the game discuss it in threads about specific articles or LTTPs. It's not conspiratorial or anything, it's just that people excited about a game or people who look positively on it will tend to read the OTs more closely, and those critical about the game tend to get hounded out of those threads fairly quickly.

He has, actually. He expressed reproach towards the series in a recent Quick Look.

I remeber in a QL were Dan was going to go full heel in the game, but I was surprised when Jeff was actually a little pissed off (not that much, mind you) and was actually defending the game. Drew had similar moment in a Demo Derby video I think.

Persona 4 is a special game to GB.

I feel like it's beginning to be an established trend for game OTs to be the hype-only zone where negativity isn't allowed, the review threads where the battles are fought, and generally people critical of the game discuss it in threads about specific articles or LTTPs. It's not conspiratorial or anything, it's just that people excited about a game or people who look positively on it will tend to read the OTs more closely, and those critical about the game tend to get hounded out of those threads fairly quickly.
Insular OTs are not a new problem, but it really is one of my least favorite things about gaf. Seeing any criticism being met with hordes of indignation is such a downer.

danm999

Got me through life ok.

Jeff would probably be the first to tell you if you don't like the same types of things as him his reviews aren't going to be very useful to you.

But jesus that DC review thread; people suggesting he shouldn't be allowed to review games anymore and that Giant Bomb hates the Souls games...

I'd agree with you, but the Destiny Review Thread was closed down(I believe because there was a bunch of Destiny Threads being made in the same week). So OTs should remain fair ground. Yup, lots of Destiny Threads. I believe that was a special case?

FluxWaveZ

Is this going to be a Catherine situation in the comments again or do people not give a shit about drive club.

The night the Catherine review went up, there were already 200+ comments below the review on the site. Driveclub probably isn't gonna be as big of a thing, I would think.

Fjordson

Just renewed my Giant Bomb premium membership for the first time in like two years. Feels good man.

Ryan's passing sort of bummed me out to the point of not keeping up with Giant Bomb much at all. Then as I slowly got back into it Vinny left and I was pretty much done for good.

But something made me put on a Bombcast last month out of the blue and it was surprisingly great. Same with recent videos. I think Dan just worked out perfectly as a new hire. He's grown on me so much. And Drew deserves some credit also, he's been great on the podcast and in videos. Metal Gear Scanlon is what finally convinced me to subscribe again. I still miss Vinny a lot, but it's nice that he and Alex still put out content.

So yeah, sorry for this pointless post, but hats off to GB for rebounding strong (and Dan for being great and loving Metal Gear).

The bigger the thread, the more this is, generally. I've actually seen people state that is how it should be (in threads of games they adore, of course). I'm...not sure how to fight that.

I remeber in a QL were Dan was going to go full heel in the game, but I was surprised when Jeff was actually a little pissed off (not that much, mind you) and was actually defending the game. Drew had similar moment in a Demo Derby video I think.

Persona 4 is a special game to GB.

Now someone will photochop Dan's face to some Shadow getting Galactic Punted.

So Dan didn't know what anti-aliasing is? Uhhh, for someone who reviewed hundreds of games, that seems like it'd be an essential piece of knowledge to perform your job properly...

I await the inevitable defenders who (ironically) will take no criticism of critics.

Megasoum

Banned
So Dan didn't know what anti-aliasing is? Uhhh, for someone who reviewed hundreds of games, that seems like it'd be an essential piece of knowledge to perform your job properly...

I await the inevitable defenders who (ironically) will take no criticism of critics.

I doubt there's much talks about AA in Gameinformers reviews lol.

Not as much a factor on console and definitly not the target audience for that.

Nephrahim

That did surprise me but he's made no secret he's a console gamer, and not like they have AA settings.

I doubt there's much talks about AA in Gameinformers reviews lol.

Not as much a factor on console and definitly not the target audience for that.

But it's an essential part in describing the graphical fidelity. You don't need to know the difference between SSAA and MSAA, but knowing what jaggies are and what gets rid of them is pretty important.

I knew the whole "No one knows what AA is, lol. It's not important" would be a defence too. Sometimes I think there's literally nothing that the GB guys could do/not know that wouldn't be defended.

Then again, that's fanboyism for you. *shrug*

That did surprise me but he's made no secret he's a console gamer, and not like they have AA settings.

I knew what AA was before owning a PC. EGM talked about it in an issue leading up to the PS2 and how aliasing was really poor in Right Racer V. So I remembered it and have known it ever since.

Randdalf

I can guarantee a large number of people on GAF couldn't describe what anti-aliasing is actually for other than 'it removes jaggies'

Megasoum

Banned
But it's an essential part in describing the graphical fidelity. You don't need to know the difference between SSAA and MSAA, but knowing what jaggies are and what gets rid of them is pretty important.

I knew the whole "No one knows what AA is, lol. It's not important" would be a defence too. Sometimes I think there's literally nothing that the GB guys could do/not know that wouldn't be defended.

Sigh... I'm rolling my eyes so much right now that I'm getting dizzy.

Dude, is Dan. My impression is that graphics are not his top priority.

Top Bottom