• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Nephrahim

Just watched the Alien QL. It's pretty amazing how Brad can somehow play too cautiously and too aggressively at the same time.

"Hey, I'm just going to walk up to this android without my motion sensor... Oh shit! I better quietly sneak away now that he sees me!"

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way of watching an archive of the Spooking with Scoops from earlier?

You don't know what a driveby comment is, clearly.
I don't know, coming into a thread to leave an inarticulate whine that you refuse to explain because of perceived victimization seems like a pretty good example of a pointless drive by. I think the topic of required knowledge for critics has merit, but the lack of any willingness to meaningfully engage means I have no problem dismissing this as pointless.

That you continually and preemptively dismiss any rejection of your arguments with several statements that boil down to lol fanboys, as though everyone in this topic is of a hive mind, is as patently fucking stupid as it is, frankly, fucking laughable. I guess I imagined all those disagreements and discussions I had with other members here about diversity and hiring some months back. Nope, I never criticize them because I'm a fanboy.

If you're looking for Dan content and haven't watched the Game Informer Super Replays that he's on, go watch those. I just finished the Blue Stinger series and it's amazing.

The absolute must-watches are:

Blue Stinger
Illbleed (especially if you don't know much about it; that one copyright-infringing boss fight is just the tip of the iceberg)
Overblood 1 & 2
Cyberia 1 & 2
Dynamite Cop
Tail of the Sun (Dan's fantastic in this one)
Half-Life (see above)

Man, I never realized just how many great Super Replays they put out. Shout-outs to GI.

Wow the DriveClub review thread is pretty amazing. Is this a regular thing? I've only peeked at the Destiny and DriveClub ones.
People lose their minds all the time around here, especially when the "reviewers with an agenda against Sony first-party games" conspiracy theory is invoked.

Nephrahim

I feel like playstation fans might be too invested in Driveclub because it's the (only?) PS4 exclusive this season and they're worried if it sucks it means Microsoft will "Win" something.

Kirlia

Banned
The absolute must-watches are:

Blue Stinger
Illbleed (especially if you don't know much about it; that one copyright-infringing boss fight is just the tip of the iceberg)
Overblood 1 & 2
Cyberia 1 & 2
Dynamite Cop
Tail of the Sun (Dan's fantastic in this one)
Half-Life (see above)

Man, I never realized just how many great Super Replays they put out. Shout-outs to GI.

I'll take note of those! The regular Replay videos are also great, especially Mario Party 3. Can't wait to compare that video and GB's inevitable take on Mario Party Party Party.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
"What does 'austere' mean?" Lol, oh Dan.

Renpatsu

If anyone wants to immediately understand my father and I, you should watch this entire thing. Norm on late night shows was our favorite thing in the world back when I was a kid/teenager. We still watch these clips numerous times a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaduY_sKce4
1 minute in and now it all makes sense. This is like your Rosetta Stone.

Edit: I can't turn off the video. I just keeps going and I can't stop laughing.
Edit Edit: Holy shit, minute 20.

The best part about Norm is how he'll just pop up in the weirdest fucking places (or at least weird for him). Dude was on Family Guy, Fairly Oddparents, Deuce Bigalow, The Middle, and he's going to be Mike Tyson's pigeon buddy in Mike Tyson Mysteries.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
You've absolutely got some of the same speaking mannerisms as Norm. It's really weird going from the bombcast to these clips.

I was weirded out when he referred to the Holocaust as "the unpleasantness in Europe," considering I said the EXACT same phrase in the Metro Quick Look. I don't remember this Norm clip at all, but it's obviously burned into my subconscious.

Rainmaker

Banned
Norm MacDonald is King. His roast of Bob Saget is the best roast in the history of roasts. The funniest man in the world to me.

daydream

Banned
I'll take note of those! The regular Replay videos are also great, especially Mario Party 3. Can't wait to compare that video and GB's inevitable take on Mario Party Party Party.

I really enjoyed their MP2 Replay but man, I just can't watch more than five minutes of the MP3 one, mostly because one of the guys sitting in on it is super obnoxious.

Kirlia

Banned
I really enjoyed their MP2 Replay but man, I just can't watch more than five minutes of the MP3 one, mostly because one of the guys sitting in on it is super obnoxious.

Ah, that's understandable.
You must be referring to Joe or Adam; Matt is too chill to be annoying.
Have you seen their replay of the first Mario Party?

You must be referring to Joe Juba.

That makes it all the more hilarious
that he won.

daydream

Banned
You must be referring to Joe Juba.

I'm not sure, haha. They all don't seem.. very enthusiastic about the game but one guy really brings the snark. It's the guy with the highest voice.

I'll make up for it by watching your Tail of the Sun playthrough. Been saving that one for a while but I think I'm ready.

Ah, that's understandable.
You must be referring to Joe or Adam; Matt is too chill to be annoying.
Have you seen their replay of the first Mario Party?

No, not yet but I'll get around to it. Need to finish Dan & His Dad first.

Kirlia

Banned
I'm not sure, haha. They all don't seem.. very enthusiastic about the game but one guy really brings the snark. It's the guy with the highest voice.

I'll make up for it by watching your Tail of the Sun playthrough. Been saving that one for a while but I think I'm ready.

Tail of the Sun actually came out in North America? Well, I know what to pick up if I ever find it in a pawn shop somewhere. It's probably a pretty rare game, though.

Kirlia

Banned
No, not yet but I'll get around to it. Need to finish Dan & His Dad first.

Game Informer really does seem to have rad videos. Weird that I never really watched them; I was subscribed to GI for the longest time.

The Mario Party video may have the guy you don't like in it, so be prepared.

daydream

Banned
Tail of the Sun actually came out in North America? Well, I know what to pick up if I ever find it in a pawn shop somewhere. It's probably a pretty rare game, though.

I don't know, I'm watching this first episode and I'm not sure this game actually exists, lol.

The Hate for Rorie is real (Someone's Gamertag in the GB Forza club)
IGttequ.jpg

Myggen

I absolutely love that Brad is so scared while playing horror game that he just absolutely panicks while playing them. I'm pretty much the same way, I do the dumbest shit because I'm so nervous.

Anyways, great podcast this week. The GOTY discussion over Destiny will be a bloodbath.

I absolutely love that Brad is so scared while playing horror game that he just absolutely panicks while playing them. I'm pretty much the same way, I do the dumbest shit because I'm so nervous.

Anyways, great podcast this week. The GOTY discussion over Destiny will be a bloodbath.
It's going to be ME3 all over again, Brad is pretty much alone in his Destiny love.

Top Bottom