• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

hamchan

If they really don't know what to do in VoG then they're screwed. The game doesn't tell you anything at all about how to do anything during those fights. I don't think Brad wants to stream 10+ hours of him playing the raid, dying over and over, trying to figure out what to do. (Though it is Breaking Brad so maybe he does want that.)

If they really don't know what to do in VoG then they're screwed. The game doesn't tell you anything at all about how to do anything during those fights. I don't think Brad wants to stream 10+ hours of him playing the raid, dying over and over, trying to figure out what to do. (Though it is Breaking Brad so maybe he does want that.)

"what does marked mean?"
"why do we all keep dying?"
"what are we supposed to do with these runes?"

I predict it will take an hour just to get past the gorgons.

Myggen

btw, did vinny play Sleeping Dogs Ultimate Edition on UPF?

Fron NYC? No :)

But seriously, they didn't do a pre UPF show this week. So i expect him to play it in either a new QL or a live show next week.

"what does marked mean?"
"why do we all keep dying?"
"what are we supposed to do with these runes?"

I predict it will take an hour just to get past the gorgons.

Well, Brad did say that one of them had already done the raid, so one of them should at least know their shit.

brad yelling at dan and alexis was really akward.

Is this another blowing things out of proportions type thing. If you're talking about Brad telling Alexis to 'shut the fuck up' when saying Jeff's poo is "all hot dog" then yeah what would you expect someone to say. It's a group of work friends being real and sometimes someone has to shut the fuck up when saying someone's poo is made from hot dogs!

Is this another blowing things out of proportions type thing. If you're talking about Brad telling Alexis to 'shut the fuck up' when saying Jeff's poo is "all hot dog" then yeah what would you expect someone to say. It's a group of work friends being real and sometimes someone has to shut the fuck up when saying someone's poo is made from hot dogs!

Alexis' logic was pretty sound, though.

Alexis, per usual, was being annoying as hell and didn't know when to drop a joke that wasn't going anywhere. I was relieved when Brad shut down that stupidity.

Zaph

Alexis is super chill.

I can't quite recall it, but did they ever archive the charity stream he did with danny?

Yeah, the Operation Supply Drop all nighter with Danny and Ian. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emZlONfMfy0

I can take or leave Alexis, but it is a shame that the only designer who worked alongside Dave is gone. You could tell a lot of Dave's philosophies and community understanding rubbed off on Alexis, I hope the next designer to rotate in 'gets' it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
The only change really is that in first person mode you don't have pressure sensitive controls so you can't slowly let off the X button to lower your weapon like you could with the square button on the PS2. Instead they added in safety button for the weapons like in Twin Snakes so all you have to do is click the left analogue and you lower your weapon. In all honestly once I got used to it I ended up liking this control method better, mainly for the automatic weapons, in the original I'd never hold it light enough when aiming and I'd shoot accidentally.

Interesting, so the xbox 360 version may have a slightly better control scheme? Honestly i found the controls in MGS2 360 to be clunky as fuck, i remember raging hard at the shooting mechanic. I should boot up MGS2 HD and remind myself the horror. Also Drew is not gonna have a fun time wrestling with the controls.

Rapstah

I think the design of lowering your weapon with a completely separate button while still holding the "hold your weapon up" button which now does nothing is way more confusing than the original design with the pressure sensitivity.

hwy_61

Banned

Not saying Brad was a dick or anything, its just awkward moments like that bring me back to my childhood, when my older brother would tell me to stfu whenever his friends were over, and I would say anything. Had to FF that shit before I had a breakdown.

Keyser post some more "Tested" Podcasts. I need to listen to the fresh prince before VOG.

Apart from the latest Will/Gina one (which was good), the main podcasts have been overly tech heavy in recent weeks - so not very fun to listen to IMO

The latest podcast they did with Adam was solid - but it was a spoiler cast for The Martian novel. Listen to that if you read The Martian, and if you have not read The Martian, then fuck Vault of Glass, go read The Martian now. It is fantastic.

Not saying Brad was a dick or anything, its just awkward moments like that bring me back to my childhood, when my older brother would tell me to stfu whenever his friends were over, and I would say anything. Had to FF that shit before I had a breakdown.

Christ.

Myggen

Apart from the latest Will/Gina one (which was good), the main podcasts have been overly tech heavy in recent weeks - so not very fun to listen to IMO

The latest podcast they did with Adam was solid - but it was a spoiler cast for The Martian novel. Listen to that if you read The Martian, and if you have not read The Martian, then fuck Vault of Glass, go read The Martian now. It is fantastic.

The Martian is one of my favourite books released in recent years. Just fantastic stuff. I want to be excited by the prospect of Ridley Scott directing the film based on the book, but that man hasn't made anything I've liked for years and years. Still, some part of me thinks it might be the perfect fit of director and source material.

Didn't Drew talk briefly about that book on a Bombcast? Or maybe it was Brad.

It was probably one of those things where he just wanted to tell him to stop but couldn't think of the words so he said the most blunt thing possible without really realizing it. I've been there.

My post yesterday was rewritten lyrics of Heart of Glass

No one noticed :/
image.php

It's the thought that counts.

It's true though if you think about it if you don't eat anything for a long amount of time and then eat a single thing, your poop is going to be just that.

Top Bottom