• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

0bJWh4I.png

for those who haven't played it, this section is so stupid. seriously where you need to go is about a 10 second sprint from that first gorgon, but it's impossible to see. this is going to take forever.

Yep, I understand Brad wanting to go in to this without knowing anything but this area in particular is just dumb. Hopefully they won't stretch it out too long.

I would really like to know the percentage of players who finished the raid, probably very low.
Hard to know the percentage, but they have put out some numbers this week:

• Destiny averages 3.2 million players each and every day
  • Average playtime is still right around 3 hours a day, even on weekdays, one month after launch.
  • 1,970,807 players have attempted the Raid on Normal
  • 472,082 players have defeated the Raid on Normal
  • 202,729 players have attempted the Raid on Hard
  • 36,181 players have defeated the Raid on Hard

Alucrid

Banned
why are people taking this gorgon part and saying "wow this game is terrible"

i mean, it would help if they didn't start running off in four directions

Are the gorgons explained in fiction somewhere or are these one of those "will take care of it later" kind of deals?

in so much as everything else is explained in the fiction somewhere, aka grimoire cards

tchocky

I would really like to know the percentage of players who finished the raid, probably very low.

From this Kotaku article with numbers from bungie

Since the Vault of Glass launched in mid-September:

1,970,807 players have attempted the raid on normal difficulty.
Of those nearly two million players, 472,082 have defeated the final boss and finished the raid

DJ88

Hope Jeff will drop some truthbombs about this nonsense on the next Bombcast (and the GOTYcast, for that matter).

About how awesome it is? Me too.

They were right next to the cave they needed to duck in to and be home free but they walked right past it. : (

Prior to this stealth part I was getting interested in this but now I'm just like nay. Give me a raid light Bungie. Just a long-ass strike that is more of an endurance test would be cool.

Alucrid

Banned
Prior to this stealth part I was getting interested in this but now I'm just like nay. Give me a raid light Bungie. Just a long-ass strike that is more of an endurance test would be cool.

so you want a boring drawn out encounter without any mechanics? why not try the raid first

It really isn't that bad provided someone knows where you are supposed to go. Then this part can be finished in a few seconds.

Ohwiseone

This is why Bungie needs a map, or a waypoint system better than what they have.

its this shit that sucks..

It's this shit that makes me not want to run this raid.

daydream

Banned
Incidentally someone in chat posted this stealth music from MGS to listen to with third part of the raid. It actually goes quite well haha

Was there even in-game music for the combat section?

About how awesome it is? Me too.

They were right next to the cave they needed to duck in to and be home free but they walked right past it. : (

Yeah, you wish. Try "degenerate, mind-numbing game design".

Zabant

A stealth section, with auto-death on detection, in a 6 man group where 1 guy can ruin it for all, in a first person game not designed with stealth in mind.

This part sure looks fun.

DJ88

This is why Bungie needs a map, or a waypoint system better than what they have.

its this shit that sucks..

It's this shit that makes me not want to run this raid.

The waypoint system is fine through the whole game, this part deliberately doesn't have one since it's a labyrinth.

This is a 10 second section of the raid if someone knows where to go.

Alucrid

Banned
I like the Raid, but I 100% agree that it shouldn't be there.

i guess the platforming section shouldn't be there either. who likes first person platforming

the first time through it's was a fun novelty, it might take a little bit but eventually you get through. now it doesn't even matter because it can be completed in seconds anyways

i guess the platforming section shouldn't be there either. who likes first person platforming

the first time through it's was a fun novelty, it might take a little bit but eventually you get through. now it doesn't even matter because it can be completed in seconds anyways

I don't mind the platforming section because it is pretty easy, at least for a Titan.

Ohwiseone

The waypoint system is fine through the whole game, this part deliberately doesn't have one since it's a labyrinth.

This is a 10 second section of the raid if someone knows where to go.

Oh, I assumed this sequence went on much longer than just the short amount of time.

I still hate the waypoint system, but I guess I can understand the removal of it for this sequence.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't mind the platforming section because it is pretty easy, at least for a Titan.

it's easy for all classes. so is this. of course neither would be like that the first time through

Oh, I assumed this sequence went on much longer than just the short amount of time.

I still hate the waypoint system, but I guess I can understand the removal of it for this sequence.

they've walked by the exit like twice now

Top Bottom