• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Why are you watching still if you aren't enjoying it. The incessant complaining is annoying.

If you think I am complaining, go read the Twitch chat. I am just throwing out thoughts as I watch.I am watching cause I would like to see how it ends. I am getting mad, because many of the wipes feel cheap iMO

I still think this is a badly designed experience - even though I have not played it. I have played up to Level 26 of Destiny though, and enjoyed some of this. This feels like a chore.

Vire

If you think I am complaining, go read the Twitch chat. I am just throwing out thoughts as I watch.I am watching cause I would like to see how it ends. I am getting mad, because many of the wipes feel cheap iMO

I still think this is a badly designed experience - even though I have not played it. I have played up to Level 26 of Destiny though, and enjoyed some of this. This feels like a chore.
It's not poorly designed and its not cheap. You have not played it so you have no idea.

I've beaten the Antheon boss fight in literally 10 minutes.

Draxyle

Neo Member
The internet has now reached an age where you have teenagers completely raised on it with no concept of a time before it. That sense of detachment does terrible things to a person's grasp of accountability and appropriateness.

That's a pretty interesting way to put it. From a psychological level, I can sort of understand that young mentality of causing chaos for fun, and the internet has been giving that opportunity in spades with zero consequences since they were born.

That's truly the problem right there; the internet needs to be more equipped to punish people that cause psychological harm to others. I'm so sick of every social venue getting much worse before they get better.

Vire

It sounds like it's too easy~!

You can never win against detractors! NEVER!
It's just stupid, people complain the strikes lack depth and complexity and then when the raid requires actual strategy, they complain it's cheap or unfair. Make up your mind people.

It just requires good teamwork.

It's not poorly designed and its not cheap. You have not played it so you have no idea.

I've beaten the Antheon boss fight in literally 10 minutes.

One hit kills in any game are cheap. One hit team wipes are worse. The game asks people to execute perfectly and give no outs for mistakes. That is not fun

All of the sections I found great in Destiny were beating a level with a tiny bit of health reaming. This is pushing that to the extreme.

LiK

One hit kills in any game are cheap. One hit team wipes are worse. The game asks people to execute perfectly and give no outs for mistakes. That is not fun

All of the sections I found great in Destiny were beating a level with a tiny bit of health reaming. This is pushing that to the extreme.

it's probably why they made it for high level players only. i wouldn't say poorly designed. just punishing. the worst are the various glitches that randomly happen.

Zaph

Can't. This just isn't fun to watch and I have an early breakfast meeting.

Can someone please timestamp any good blow ups. Brad has to break, it's in the name!

Megasoum

Banned
They're having a good rythm right now but Brad needs to target the boss before getting ported back so that we can see its health

fake edit: nvm they just wiped lol

FStop7

Banned
It's just stupid, people complain the strikes lack depth and complexity and then when the raid requires actual strategy, they complain it's cheap or unfair. Make up your mind people.

It's The Internet (tm)

ultron87

I think it would be received a lot better if the high level Strikes actually helped to ramp players up to the amount of teamwork and complexity required here. Now there is just a huge cliff between this and basically everything else.

Damn, seemed like that would be the one.

So with the Oracles, is it a matter of killing them within a certain timeframe or else they kill everyone? That's been the most confusing part of the whole thing for me.

Vire

I think it would be received a lot better if the high level Strikes actually helped to ramp players up to the amount of teamwork and complexity required here. Now there is just a huge cliff between this and basically everything else.
Except they kinda do, the Nightfall strikes sends you back to orbit if all party members die. It's just as punishing, if not more.

As far as complexity goes, it's the same as any other MMO ever. The raids in WoW are a thousand times more complex than anything else in the game.

LiK

Damn, seemed like that would be the one.

So with the Oracles, is it a matter of killing them within a certain timeframe or else they kill everyone? That's been the most confusing part of the whole thing for me.

basically kill them asap or death to all. the Templar fight was the training ground for this.

There is a different in "depth and complexity" and challenging game design.

This reminds me of Call of Duty on Veteran (which is the pinnacle of unfairness)

Raids are at their best when everyone plays their role well and you finally succeed and you feel like part of a cohesive team. It can have a lot of aggravating parts too when you have to rely on others to such a degree. Can be like beating your head against a wall sometimes.

Zornack

I stopped playing after finishing the story but this kind of makes me want to get back into Destiny and get geared before the expacs hit. The end game grind and me not knowing anyone who plays is a pretty big turn off, though. But this does look fun...

Top Bottom