• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Myggen

Oh, I do, I just want there to be a little variety in the topics discussed. I think they're aware how much they bang on it with the description in this week's podcast.

Which is why I think there won't be much Destiny talk going forward - Brad even sounded hesitant to talk much about the raid in the beginning when Jeff brought it up. They talk about it this week because they did that raid, but I would be surprised if there's any more discussion the next few weeks outside of Brad mentioning that he is still, in fact, playing Destiny.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What else is there to talk about? They talked about Evil Within and Bayonetta 2. There kinda is nothing else.

Jason could only partly talk about shadow of mordor before jeff and brad segue into destiny out of nowhere. Talk more about what he's been playing. Especially seeing that he's the guest.

LiK

Which is why I think there won't be much Destiny talk going forward - Brad even sounded hesitant to talk much about the raid in the beginning when Jeff brought it up. They talk about it this week because they did that raid, but I would be surprised if there's any more discussion the next few weeks outside of Brad mentioning that he is still, in fact, playing Destiny.

Brad should talk about what he wants to talk about. He needs to stop worrying about people bitching if that's what he's into and playing. He should be able to talk about it freely. I don't give a fuck about Dota but I always enjoyed his stories and the madness of it.

Brad should talk about what he wants to talk about. He needs to stop worrying about people bitching if that's what he's into and playing. He should be able to talk about it freely. I don't give a fuck about Dota but I always enjoyed his stories and the madness of it.
He's the host, what they talk about and for how long is something he should be concerned about.

Antiwhippy

Like, I'm not even fully blaming brad on it. Both he and jeff just needs to stop arguing about it. I feel like I've heard the same argument for like 5 weeks in a row now.

Bacon

Thanks for fixing the OP, Looks good now honestly.

The last one was funny for the most hardcore of gb fans only.

I know myggen made a post at some point in here of the best premium content, it was pretty comprehensive. You might think about throwing that in there too.

LiK

That's not really a good way to host a podcast.

They're good storytellers and Jeff's analysis of the Destiny experience has been excellent. It's one of the biggest games this year and I think trying hard to not even talk about it because SOME people don't care would make him a bad host.

hamchan

I think it's pretty much confirmed that Destiny wins the Most Disappointing Game award this year after that last bombcast too.

They're good storytellers and Jeff's analysis of the Destiny experience has been excellent. It's one of the biggest games this year and I think trying hard to not even talk about it because SOME people don't care would make him a bad host.

Talking about it is fine, but don't linger on a two person discussion going in circles for 30 minutes. Brad just needs to move things along to the next topic more quickly. These are 3 hour podcasts and everyone doesn't get to talk because they are stagnating for too long in certain segments.

Antiwhippy

I think brad is a good host but it is super weird that jason, the guest, didn't get much time to talk about what he did.

Dany

Banned
I found the two different opinions regarding Destiny incredibly fascinating. I played destiny up until lvl 26 before I sold it and to hear about the best/worst qualities regarding this end game content is awesome. It really cements my decision that I sold it.

Alucrid

Banned
Talking about it is fine, but don't linger on a two person discussion going in circles for 30 minutes. Brad just needs to move things along to the next topic more quickly. These are 3 hour podcasts and everyone doesn't get to talk because they are stagnating for too long in certain segments.

They did a seven hour video over the weekend which consisted only of Brad and Jeff, I don't think it's too difficult to see why this one conversation was what it is.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I think it's pretty much confirmed that Destiny wins the Most Disappointing Game award this year after that last bombcast too.

Dark Souls 2 really took that one... like two weeks of hot activity then everyone found out they hated it and won't play it again besides super compulsives.

Destiny on the other hand is pulling in 3.2 mill active players enjoying it to varying degrees.

Dark Souls 2 is the worst, Destiny is a bit better than the worst.

BearPawB

Banned
Dark Souls 2 really took that one... like two weeks of hot activity then everyone found out they hated it and won't play it again besides super compulsives.

Destiny on the other hand is pulling in 3.2 mill active players enjoying it to varying degrees.

You are crazy.
Dark Souls 2 was great.
Not as good as Dark Souls one...but a great game in its own right.

It has to be either watch dogs or destiny.

Dark Souls 2 was just slightly disappointing. It was a damn fine game and I had a better time with it than with the original Dark Souls.

Besides, nobody at Giant Bomb except for Patrick in is a good position to make that argument, so it's not going to win that category.

edit: Jeff didn't even want a new Gauntlet game and said he has no idea how you make a modern version of that game. So it can't be disappointing. If you've listened to the podcasts since Destiny was released, you'd know that this game will totally get the Most Disappointing Game award. It has to.

daydream

Banned
Someone hug me just got a code for bloodborne beta :O

2368677-8724006977-BoyAn.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The GWAR Death Box in the KI QL, is neverending.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Vishnu

Thanks for fixing the OP, Looks good now honestly.

The last one was funny for the most hardcore of gb fans only.

I know myggen made a post at some point in here of the best premium content, it was pretty comprehensive. You might think about throwing that in there too.

Yes please do that....
I find the site pretty weird to navigate (giantbomb), and have no idea which content is worth my time.
Except for Ryan content, damnit that man is hilarious.

Patryn

unlike other "loud" studio heads/personalities (Jaffe, Dyack), Lang can actually successfully turn on "business mode" when appropriate.

Isn't there a hilarious video of him during E3 doing a very staid and business-like interview with one of the Gamespot guys, all professional, then suddenly Danny walks up and mentions John Drake and Lang, without any hesitation, immediately shifts into crazy mode yelling "FUCK JOHN DRAKE"?

Top Bottom