• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

roytheone

14 hours is like, okay, maybe you're just really patient and stealthy

but 51 deaths?!

To be fair, like 10 of those deaths were caused by me trying to collect those 2 rations on the destroyed bridge after the harrier fight, kept falling off. Also, I would often just let me get killed instead of "wasting" time and rations trying to evade. Fun fact: I "only" used 42 rations, I died more times than that I used a ration!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've been feverish over the past day or two

so thank you to whomever it was that recommended this Illbleed LP with Dan. This game is the perfect mix of terrible execution with some genuinely great ideas. So good.

Alucrid

Banned
i really wish brad actually confirmed the validity of the ubisoft dev email before putting it on the podcast. anyone know if he has confirmed it after the fact?

popo

Don't mention anywhere in the comments that you don't enjoy the uptick in #gamergate articles. No matter how nicely you put it you'll get suspended or banned. Even if you think you're just leaving constructive feedback as a paying customer.

I think I'd pay double to stop hearing about this "movement".

Seems harsh. Do you have proof that anyone has been so punished?

justjim89

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but out favorite Irish video-gamesman Danny O'Dwyer was a guest host on the most recent episode of Super Knockin' Boots with Greg Miller, Daemon Hatfield, and Marty Silva from IGN. It's 99 cents, but it's typically a fairly helpful and always hilarious podcast. I've been listening to it since it was officially an IGN podcast so I don't mind forking over a dollar. Some funny stories and listening to their advice get worse as they get more drunk is pretty hilarious. Danny is a great addition to it.

Xater

The first comment i see:

SMH.........anyway looking forward to this because Mary seems like a very easy screamer and i find that shit hilarious.

That comment is indeed groan worthy.

I don't know about the scariness of this game though. Watched some streams it seems to go more into gross out stuff than really scary stuff.

shwimpy

Just noticed rudds has a tag... "Ask me about E3's biggest megaton: Ratchet and Clank™, coming to a theater near you in 2015". Probably old but what's the deal?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Careful with what? What the fuck are you saying?

That comment is indeed groan worthy.

I don't know about the scariness of this game though. Watched some streams it seems to go more into gross out stuff than really scary stuff.

Yes watching the mary stream this game doesn't seem to be very scary, certainly not in a silent hill type sort of way, Evil within's tone seems more like a slasher film with jump scares.

CeeSaw

Has Patrick's news about the Anita shooting threat been posted?

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/anita-sarkeesian-forced-to-cancel-talk-over-shooti/1100-5045/

I am glad I hey seem to address the whole GG thing now head on. Although It feel like they were still tiptoeing a bit around it on the podcast by being a bit vague. Why not just name the thing you are talking about?

I get that GB has to post about it because ignoring it is even worse. But I am nervous that even just reporting on it could lead to some negativity towards the bomb. I wish gamers could just be happy more types of people are getting into it.

Does Patrick still have that same PC with the HD7850? If so I'm surprised how well the Evil Within is running especially while streaming it. He apparently maxed out the settings. I know it's locked at 30 but the 7850 falls somewhere between the Xbox One and PS4 GPUs with 1 or 2 GB of vram. That port isn't the train wreck that I feared.

hamchan

I know we weren't worried last time GiantBomb talked about this GamerGate stuff but now on r/Kotakuinaction a thread about someone canceling their Giant Bomb sub has 574 upvotes.

Xater

I know we weren't worried last time GiantBomb talked about this GamerGate stuff but now on r/Kotakuinaction a thread about someone canceling their Giant Bomb sub has 574 upvotes.

So? Do you want these people around or do you think the guys from the site want them?

Zaph

Does Patrick still have that same PC with the HD7850? If so I'm surprised how well the Evil Within is running especially while streaming it. He apparently maxed out the settings. I know it's locked at 30 but the 7850 falls somewhere between the Xbox One and PS4 GPUs with 1 or 2 GB of vram. That port isn't the train wreck that I feared.

PC specs right now are so weird. Publishers are fear mongering with these sky high requirements and crazy VRAM numbers, but the games are actually playing just fine.

I thought Shadows of Mordor was going to chew up my 2GB 670, but here I am playing at 1440p, with everything on high or ultra and I'm getting 45-60fps. Mostly hovering around 55fps during combat.

Myggen

Fuck 'em. Always some bullshit like that going on in that subreddit, who cares. Literally all they said on the podcast was that the harassment going on is some hot garbage. The screenshot he posted is hilarious because that's not what they said AT ALL on the Bombcast.

When does Drew get back?

In a week I think, in time for Extra Life.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I really need to get a new PC. they're just so expensive and I'm a broke-ass college kid.

bout to get a job at Giant Bomb and just have one sent to me in the mail tbh.

Coonce

When does Drew get back?

PqpeMli.gif

drewbert is in our hearts.

sixghost

I really need to get a new PC. they're just so expensive and I'm a broke-ass college kid.

bout to get a job at Giant Bomb and just have one sent to me in the mail tbh.

How much do you think you could scrape together? You should check the "I need a PC" thread on GAF. I think you'd be surprised how much you can get for $500 or $600.

Worried? Jesus.

I'd get 600 votes of a picture of my dog licking her butt, so what.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How much do you think you could scrape together? You should check the "I need a PC" thread on GAF. I think you'd be surprised how much you can get for $500 or $600.

think I might try to do it next summer when I'll actually have time to get a job and stuff. I'm pretty happy with the new consoles right now so I'm not in a huge rush or anything.

but I can just feel this 5850 dying on me brehs.

popo

Gamespot is going a 100 hour stream for extra life. I know he isn't but wouldn't it be great if Danny took a bunch of meth and was on the whole thing.

Also, won't raise as much as GB :D

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They are ok, but also heavily moderated. To the point that they closed them down when Rorie left the office.

Myggen

Gamespot is going a 100 hour stream for extra life. I know he isn't but wouldn't it be great if Danny took a bunch of meth and was on the whole thing.

Also, won't raise as much as GB :D

They did like 72 hours or more last year too IIRC. I think they did 24 hours from the US office, 24 hours from Australia and 24 hours from UK. Do they still even have people in Australia and the UK to stream, or is it going to be all US office?

Hope fake Drew is doing a 24 hour solo stream.

hamchan

So? Do you want these people around or do you think the guys from the site want them?

Did what I wrote even sound like I wanted these people around? Wtf

Worried? Jesus.

I'd get 600 votes of a picture of my dog licking her butt, so what.

When some of these people have been successful in getting advertising pulled from other sites and have been sending death threats to people, I think I'm allowed to be worried.

I was pretty supportive of Giant Bomb not giving some of these loonies attention before, but now they have. I support a fuck em attitude too but does that mean I'm not supposed to feel a modicum of concern?

Me bring it up isn't even irrelevant to the discussion since we were just talking about Pateick posting an article related to all this crap.

Myggen

I think you'll find that 600 upvotes and 300-ish comments isn't that big of a deal in that subreddit. And has GG got any more advertisement pulled than that whole Intel clusterfuck? I doubt any of the duders have any reason to worry.

I doubt everyone who upvoted had a subscription anyway.

It's like when someone writes a negative review of a hyped game and you suddenly have a huge number of new accounts saying they've been following the site for years and now WILL BOYCOTT FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom