• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Yea, Jeff has said that making a Gauntlet game nowadays is basically impossible.

It really is if you think about it. The original game was basically concieved and designed around getting people to pump more quarters in to the game. It was basically everything we hate about F2P, microtransactioned mobile games. I think Jeff was the one that mentioned a few casts ago that he once as a kid got a chance to play the Guantlet arcade machine with infinite credits and it was boring as shit. The game was built around the urgency of your life running out and having to pump more money into it.

Fox318

Make a new Gauntlet game that requires you to donate blood for credits to play.

Red Corss gets much needed blood and Gauntlet gets a cool tagline in which you need to pay with blood to play.

santeesioux

I think it's pretty much confirmed that Destiny wins the Most Disappointing Game award this year after that last bombcast too.

Watch Dogs should be up for discussion as well (I haven't played Destiny though so i'm probably not the best person to ask about it.)

It really is if you think about it. The original game was basically concieved and designed around getting people to pump more quarters in to the game. It was basically everything we hate about F2P, microtransactioned mobile games. I think Jeff was the one that mentioned a few casts ago that he once as a kid got a chance to play the Guantlet arcade machine with infinite credits and it was boring as shit. The game was built around the urgency of your life running out and having to pump more money into it.

Yeah I think the only way to recreate that sense of urgency would be to bring back the draining health, which I don't think is the best thing in modern gaming. I enjoyed Gauntlet back in the day, but it's pretty archaic in its design. The new version looks like a great interpretation, honestly. There would be ways to make the old style work today (such as adding in more food/potions and other ways to restore health), but I don't think any of them would be any more fun than what the new Gauntlet uses.

LeBart

Watching the City Sleeps quick look made me realize something. All these games that mesh together music and gameplay have music that sounds like the stuff I used to make when I was dicking around with Music 2000.
This genre really needs guys like Hideki Naganuma or Jake Kaufman.

KingKong

Watching the City Sleeps quick look made me realize something. All these games that mesh together music and gameplay have music that sounds like the stuff I used to make when I was dicking around with Music 2000.
This genre really needs guys like Hideki Naganuma or Jake Kaufman.

it also looks really bad, like a flash game or something

Zaph

Brad, if you hadn't abandoned us, you'd know I offered you the full MP4 and could save yourself a headache.

WWU7kmG.png

Brad, if you hadn't abandoned us, you'd know I offered you the full MP4 and could save yourself a headache.

You need to step your game up on Giant Bomb criticism to summon Brad. You've been too complacent for too long and he no longer feels the need to give a one-line post in reply.

Zaph

You need to step your game up on Giant Bomb criticism to summon Brad. You've been too complacent for too long and he no longer feels the need to give a one-line post in reply.

Shit, you're right, I need a perceived slight stat. Any recent QL I can make a snarky comment about?

inky

Ugh, Brad sucks in that last QL I watched. How is he a professional videogame person?

There Zaph, summoned him for you.

Shit, you're right, I need a perceived slight stat. Any recent QL I can make a snarky comment about?

Brad said TEW was too easy but died twice in the quicklook, clearly making him the world's worst hypocrite (or a new term I invented, hitlercrite), so you can use that for your summoning ritual.

tchocky

Why isn't he on bombin in the am? It makes too much sense you know?

Not long after he moved Patrick and Alex mentioned having him on but Vinny didn't want to intrude on their show. Alex has mentioned discussing with Vinny ideas for a podcast, but iI don't think Vinny wants to do just an east coast Bombcast he wants something different. I guess January would be most likely we will hear what their planning.

ryanmac

Banned
Don't mention anywhere in the comments that you don't enjoy the uptick in #gamergate articles. No matter how nicely you put it you'll get suspended or banned. Even if you think you're just leaving constructive feedback as a paying customer.

I think I'd pay double to stop hearing about this "movement".

Branson

Not long after he moved Patrick and Alex mentioned having him on but Vinny didn't want to intrude on their show. Alex has mentioned discussing with Vinny ideas for a podcast, but iI don't think Vinny wants to do just an east coast Bombcast he wants something different. I guess January would be most likely we will hear what their planning.
Oh I didn't even know that. Cool.

I imagine they get one rolling when they hire a few more people.

Don't mention anywhere in the comments that you don't enjoy the uptick in #gamergate articles. No matter how nicely you put it you'll get suspended or banned. Even if you think you're just leaving constructive feedback as a paying customer.

Regardless of the fact that I'm on GAF constantly and pretty much keep up on what's going on, I've somehow managed to completely miss whatever the hell "gamergate" is and I'm happy about that.

roytheone

Just completed MGS 2 for the first time. It only took me 14 hours and 51 continues! Let's see if Drew can beat that!
Yes I know, I suck at the game.

The constant 1080p60 stuff this gen is driving me insane

When I saw people deciding to buy Dragon Age solely due to a PR statement of it offering a better experience on one console I gave up on all things.

mattp

havent they posted like....two articles?

you're not leaving constructive feedback, you're being a child

Top Bottom