• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

That would be an unholy amount of stream. They could make it a joint effort:

"Four Giantbomb Offices Play Through Persona 4 Golden"

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to use the Playstation TV!

What bet was your current avatar?

My current avatar is the one I have always used. I was referring to this post by Myggen:

I'll change my avatar to fake Drew for 1 month if any of them play any Destiny on the stream.

Yes, even Brad's solo stream.

daydream

Banned
DEAL!!!

also what Myggen said

Nah, just SF.

handshakexmq0p.gif

Jeff not thinking the original Halo is any good is one of the few "you silly man!" moments I have with him.

The other one is him saying playing atmospheric/horror games in the dark doesn't heighten tension and mood.

The other one is him saying playing atmospheric/horror games in the dark doesn't heighten tension and mood.

I think the larger issue is that he doesn't get into the horror mindset, and since you need that to get the anything out of horror being in the dark isn't really going to do much either.

Noaloha

The optimist in me wants to see Brad play Crusader Kings 2 (the new Charlemagne expansion would be ideal). Just because I have no idea how that would go. If it grabs him, we get to see super obsessive control freak Brad murder, plot and war his way toward a grim new empire. If it overwhelms him, we get to see exasperated, what-the-fuck-do-I-do Brad as his domains burn around him.

The optimist in me wants to see Brad play Crusader Kings 2 (the new Charlemagne expansion would be ideal). Just because I have no idea how that would go. If it grabs him, we get to see super obsessive control freak Brad murder, plot and war his way toward a grim new empire. If it overwhelms him, we get to see exasperated, what-the-fuck-do-I-do Brad as his domains burn around him.

It'd just be him getting confused by Paradox's UI.

Bacon

There are so many mechanics in that game that he would need to devote a couple days/weeks to it before the 24 hour stream so he could get a feel for the game. Booting it up blind would be an exercise in frustration for both him and the viewer.

There are so many mechanics in that game that he would need to devote a couple days/weeks to it before the 24 hour stream so he could get a feel for the game. Booting it up blind would be an exercise in frustration for both him and the viewer.

That had never stopped him and us before...

Patryn

I'm really curious who will get assigned Dragon Age. Vinny would have been the natural choice, but as far as I know he still has his home systems in storage while waiting for his house to be ready, right?

Brad, maybe? Or will they pull Rorie in?

Alex's Twitter spree about Hatred made me miss the Guns of Navarro articles. I understand that many people never read them so it got canned but I really thought it was a nice feature.

so1337

Jeff not thinking the original Halo is any good is one of the few "you silly man!" moments I have with him.

Halo 1 has some of the worst level design in the history of humanity. Like seriously, some of that stuff is so so bad.

Now, Jeff not liking RE 4 on the other hand...That's just crazy.

Fox318

I'm really curious who will get assigned Dragon Age. Vinny would have been the natural choice, but as far as I know he still has his home systems in storage while waiting for his house to be ready, right?

Vinny doesn't really review games and he isn't on the bombcast to cover them.

Then again his house might not be ready until 2016.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Alex's Twitter spree about Hatred made me miss the Guns of Navarro articles. I understand that many people never read them so it got canned but I really thought it was a nice feature.

And he has a good point too - the game (if it's real) is perhaps pushing violence in our face w/o a suitable context. Which is why so many find it repulsive.

But whatever, it's not my thing at all

Patryn

I also think he was doing those to get more exposure on the site and to fill in periods where there wasn't much for him to do.

Now that the Beast is active, he's spending that time on QLs and the like.

I also think he was doing those to get more exposure on the site and to fill in periods where there wasn't much for him to do.

Now that the Beast is active, he's spending that time on QLs and the like.
Totally. I just thought it was generally considerate and interesting writing.

So, uh.. A City Sleeps has:
I get that they had to salvage the Chroma development but aside from the idol mechanic it doesn't seem very original. Harmonix is going to have a tough time in the future if this is their interpretation of the "Double Fine" business model.

The Giant Beast presents: Dragon Age Vinquisition. This is how it goes down in all but the darkest of timelines,.

Anjin M

Guns of Navarro was one of my favorite things from Alex. I miss it quite a bit. I believe he mentioned that he stopped because the weekly schedule stressed him out. But it was so good! I bet a Guns article reacting to GG would have been amazing.

Bacon

Guns of Navarro was one of my favorite things from Alex. I miss it quite a bit. I believe he mentioned that he stopped because the weekly schedule stressed him out. But it was so good! I bet a Guns article reacting to GG would have been amazing.

He should put them up sporadically if the weekly schedule was too constricting for him. They were quite good.

Hang on, is Chroma not a thing anymore? That's a bummer, it sounded pretty cool.

Chroma sounded way more interesting than this flashgame looking shmup. I'm sad.

I think it was in closed beta for a while before it was quietly canned. There were definite plans to release it at some point, because it already had a Steam store page and everything.

The concept of a multiplayer, rhythm-based first-person shooter sounds great... until you have to balance it. It was probably more than a now-declining Harmonix could commit to figuring out, so they put it to sleep. (literally)

I enjoy the Destiny talk. I know a ton of friends still playing the game and the OT is full.

Consider it a disappointment, fine, or be sick of the talk, but, there are still topics to uncover in what's still a very active game. Plus passes coming out.

Rudds needs to dig his heels in on this one, but, he's got my support.

Egg0

Banned
I hope Jason gets to play some stuff during Extra Life. He and Jeff can do a money match in Street Fighter 2 HF. Maybe a first to 7 with the loser donating an agreed upon amount of money. I think Jeff and Vinny did that last year with Windjammers. Could be cool.

Megasoum

Banned

Halo 1 is one of the most overrated game ever. Terrible level design, terrible ennemy variety and meh weapons.

RE_Player

I enjoy the Destiny talk. I know a ton of friends still playing the game and the OT is full.

Consider it a disappointment, fine, or be sick of the talk, but, there are still topics to uncover in what's still a very active game. Plus passes coming out.

Rudds needs to dig his heels in on this one, but, he's got my support.
I think people just get annoyed because its the same conversation over and over again.

The guys are discussing something about repetitiveness or disappointment and use that to segue into Destiny talk. They discuss the various grinding elements of the game and currencies, Jeff says he doesn't think its fun and Brad admits its flawed but he can't stop playing because he likes it as a social device or the core gameplay feels good. Sprinkle in a couple comments about wondering if this was Bungie's plan or if they had to cut and reshape content to launch and that is the bombcast discussions about Destiny.
GOTY 2014

Scizzy

I totally missed the Jeff laughing conversation, but I was reminded during the Bombcast this week of what must have been the happiest time of his life: playing Quake 3 with a mouse and keyboard over an ethernet connection on the Dreamcast. He must tell that story every nine months and I love it every time.

Meh Watch_Dogs was more disappointing for me. Destiny we knew what we had since the first alpha test.

We also knew well in advance that Watch Dawgs was not going to be the game we saw when they debuted it. To me, destiny has to be the most disappointing because of all the hype and over-promotion. It's not even a bad game but 'disappointing' defines Destiny.

Frith

i have another forum i've been on for 15 years based around music/art
no one really talks about games there
they had a thread about guns of navarro that i didn't start with one guy i consider pretty smart asking why hadn't he been told about this long form article gaming website giantbomb and navarro sooner.

it was so weird, brought a tear to my eye it made me feel like one of them real boys

I didn't want to disappoint him to say the website was really about pie flushing but it bums me out that alex stopped.

Tucah

you speak so well
I hope Jason gets to play some stuff during Extra Life. He and Jeff can do a money match in Street Fighter 2 HF. Maybe a first to 7 with the loser donating an agreed upon amount of money. I think Jeff and Vinny did that last year with Windjammers. Could be cool.

That would be fantastic, I'd love to see some Jason v Jeff fighting action.

KingKong

So are we really not getting another Demo Derby until Drew comes back? There's so many disks to go through and Jeff would be perfect for talking about old games and journalist crap

Top Bottom