• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Wunder

Yeah, good idea even if it got a bit old after a few minutes

Anyways, going back through a few Random PC Games and stumbled upon Daggerfall. It has over 1200 comments, and I wondered why. Turns out it's one of the first Premium videos, and maybe the first "Quick Look style video of an old game" to go behind the paywall. If anyone's interested to see what kind of backlash there was against Premium in the start, I recommend that comment section :p

I stayed for Lockdown

You can. Its great fun. You can dip in and out of it for short stints, and get stuff done and make progress over days and weeks.

I think I saw you in the WWE Supercard thread, which is a game you could play infinitely, get nowhere, and have no fun doing it.. Skyrim feels like it has infinite scope, but at least what you are doing is more fun that getting a common Kofi Kingston. If you have time for Supercard, you have time for something else.

I just realised I played almost 2000 games of Supercard, and feel bad. Well, at least I am close to my second Super Rare Paige.
I've played almost 15,000 games, but most have been while commuting. I only have time for about an hour or so each night at most for gaming and have a huge backlog as it is.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
set audio delay to -1000ms

Oh it gradually goes out of sync. Stupid iphone recording at variable framerates. Brad will have fun trying to sync it correctly.

Volotaire

I spent about 100 hours in the Elder Scrolls hardly touching the main quest line. I completed the main quest line afterwards and was severely disappointed, along with the combat system, some game breaking bugs on the PC (such as your follower getting stuck in a cave until after a few tens of load of saves and broken quest lines), lack of character consequences in quests amongst other things. What kept me coming back was the vast amount of exploration to do and partly the world. I was always wondering what would be around this corner, what lies in this forest or this cave. Although the combat was clunky and sometimes buggy, it was fun with the number of permutations available and how you could approach combat.

Megasoum

Banned
Because of Brad's tumblr I discovered the existence and read some of the emails that leaked from the GameJournosPro mailing list...thing...

ugh I shouldn't have done that.

Alfredo

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Because of Brad's tumblr I discovered the existence and read some of the emails that leaked from the GameJournosPro mailing list...thing...

ugh I shouldn't have done that.
Point me in the direction of this please!

Alfredo

Agreed. It's weird to think "oh man new QL" and then become a little disappointed as soon as I see "Posted by Vinny Caravella"

Sleeping Dogs is out on PS4 and Xbox One. I hear it runs like crap, but it sounds like a good excuse for Vinny to dick around in Hong Kong again. I hope that happens soon.

Are you guys talking about the leaked emails that a right wing tabloid writer with a history of fabricating stories maliciously edited and took out of context?

Because don't.

I think this guy in the mailbag just sent GB a bunch of stuff he was going to throw away.

Like every mailbag sender? I've always been weirded out that people just sent the duders junk (sometimes it's cool stuff, rarely)

I'm mean, what do they think the guys are going to do with all the stuff they get? How bout people actually consider how their actions will impact others.

Isn't that all mailbags these days?

Like every mailbag sender? I've always been weirded out that people just sent the duders junk (sometimes it's cool stuff, rarely)

I'm mean, what do they think the guys are going to do with all the stuff they get? How bout people actually consider how their actions will impact others.

This one is the most blatant. It contains copies of World of Warcraft and a bunch of VHS tapes.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

They get funny videos (content!) and toss the useless stuff. Win/win.

Alfredo

Whoa whoa. Ryckert dissin' on Day of Reckoning? Weren't those games really well received? Like the closest thing we got to the Aki games, from some of the former Aki staff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've felt that way about the mailbags for a longtime. They ought to return to sender a ton of that shit because people just send them pointless shit, but that'd look bad. And it's not like they want to outright deny being sent stuff since they do like some of the stuff they get.

It's just sad their fans send them so much useless/easily available stuff in the mail, If you're going to do stuff like that, at least send something as stupidly ridiculous as the twinkie crate.

I've felt that way about the mailbags for a longtime. They ought to return to sender a ton of that shit because people just send them pointless shit, but that'd look bad. And it's not like they want to outright deny being sent stuff since they do like some of the stuff they get.

It's just sad their fans send them so much useless/easily available stuff in the mail, If you're going to do stuff like that, at least send something as stupidly ridiculous as the twinkie crate.

People gotta fill those boxes somehow. Hell, you never know when you're gonna need more than one copy of Halo.

It's a six story building, I'm sure they don't mind.

SummitAve

Banned

I never understood the sending of entire collections of certain media as if they are ever going to read/watch/enjoy them. It obviously cost some money, and sure they might like it, but it's such a large time commitment for an unsolicited gift. I'd feel a bit guilty having to keep all that lying around in a box. Hopefully it just finds its way through the office.

Strax

YEEEEEEEEEEEAH ICELANDIC POGS

l3IWjDR.jpg

Seventy70

Agreed. It's weird to think "oh man new QL" and then become a little disappointed as soon as I see "Posted by Vinny Caravella"

They seriously need to step their game up. I'm not even excited for Vinny content these days since it seems like he is trying to be too professional. Also, Alex's negativity gets tiring VERY quickly and I get the feeling that it ruins Vinny's fun. The last good content that we got from Vinny was Bot Colony and that was back in July. I know that he's kind of busy at home these days, but I kind of get the feeling that he's tired of GB.

Top Bottom