• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Flandy

Dan says I should watch 24
15369188600_21de392b66_o.png

Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow :lol

ArjanN

I fell off the bombcast for a long time this year, so I was catching up and Jeff's rant on REREmake is my favorite rant since the Duke Nukem or the SimCity GOTY one. It's a quality rant. It's not the 'it's hot trash!' ones. It's the one where you're like, 'oh god, he's right.'

Jeff's rants are pretty funny.
But usually wrong.

The REREmake is justified just by being available on non-Nintendo systems now.

daydream

Banned
let's get down to the real GB problem at the moment: Jason, bless him, sucks at writing the little one sentence summaries that are attached to videos.

Like, he really sucks at it. But I like the guy, don't get me wrong. :p

Yup. Drewbert needs to teach him the ways of the deck.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I dunno I just looked at several jason decks and they seem fine?

Also while continuously clicking "show more" on the main page, eventually you get a button the brings you to the web archive 1996 version of gamespot.

Phediuk

What do we predict Giant Bomb's GOTY 2014 will be?

I can already feel the "Yeah it's well-made but I dunno" reaction to Bayonetta 2 coming from Jeff, despite Dan's enthusiasm for it.

I guess Wolfenstein, Shadow of Mordor, and Shovel Knight have been the most widely-liked games among the staff so far. Brad will get Destiny into the top 10.

Myggen

I can already feel the "Yeah it's well-made but I dunno" reaction to Bayonetta 2 coming from Jeff, despite Dan's enthusiasm for it.

I guess Wolfenstein, Shadow of Mordor, and Shovel Knight have been the most widely-liked games among the staff so far. Brad will get Destiny into the top 10.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff really, really likes Bayonetta 2, actually.

It was the Wild West.
GB 2009 would totally whoop GB 2014.

When I scrolled past that picture I thought that was Dan. They look creepily alike.

Man I can't wait for those two to meet. Hopefully we get some Christmas time Dan/Vinny quick looks of terrible holiday games.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

I'd be surprised if Mordor got goty, though I think it's certainly fun enough to easily make it near the top. I've been playing it for a few days off and on, and I feel like the nemesis system was given far too much praise for what it is. I think it's a fun and interesting system, and the little details it adds are neat, but it doesn't feel near as ground breaking as it's been made out to be.

I'd be surprised if Mordor got goty, though I think it's certainly fun enough to easily make it near the top. I've been playing it for a few days off and on, and I feel like the nemesis system was given far too much praise for what it is. I think it's a fun and interesting system, and the little details it adds are neat, but it doesn't feel near as ground breaking as it's been made out to be.

I absolutely agree. Great game, but the nemesis system never lived up to the hype surrounding it.

daydream

Banned
Watching the mailbag and Brad is wondering why the useless WoW stuff was included in that package. It's because someone off-loaded their garbage, Brad. :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god. The Cork chapter in Illbleed with the child being buried with the SexyDoll. This game is the best. This game is the *best*.

Vishnu

The problem i have with alex is thay he's too serious about things, Vinny suggests doing something stupid in a quick look and Alex just does not want to play along.Vinny is great because he manages to look outside the box on games and discovers ridiculous things but Alex is restraining him a bit.

This, this so much.

I do have to say you can tell Alex is getting more chill.
The Chariot QL was pretty good, that was one of the first times I liked the chemistry between the two.

Patryn

I wonder why there's no Borderlands QL on the site.

If I had to guess, Jeff's apathy toward the title has meant that he hasn't made the progress he felt was necessary to shoot one.

I am actually beginning to doubt if there will ever be a QL of it.

I kind of understand why Jeff didn't pick Claptrap to play as, but I'm curious if he'd have different feelings towards the game if he had. Claptrap subverts the entire oxygen mechanic because he doesn't need to breathe, so it's basically only used for slams and boosted jumps. Because of that you can explore as much as you want and you pretty much never run out of oxygen.

Bacon

I bet Jeff will sink enough time into it over the weekend to get a quick look up next week. Or they just won't quick look it!

Megasoum

Banned
If I had to guess, Jeff's apathy toward the title has meant that he hasn't made the progress he felt was necessary to shoot one.

I am actually beginning to doubt if there will ever be a QL of it.

I kind of understand why Jeff didn't pick Claptrap to play as, but I'm curious if he'd have different feelings towards the game if he had. Claptrap subverts the entire oxygen mechanic because he doesn't need to breathe, so it's basically only used for slams and boosted jumps. Because of that you can explore as much as you want and you pretty much never run out of oxygen.

Sure, but then again it's not like they never do blind quicklooks.

It's still a big release no matter Jeff's opinion of it.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not complaining or anything. They do whatever the fuck they want. I just find it surprising.

Serra

Predictions: Jeff and Dan will love Bayonetta. Brad will dismiss it since he won't play it.

Brad will push for something extremely mediocre and mainstream (like Shadow of Mordor).

His argument will basically boil down to the same stuff as the Saint's Row 3 vs Skyrim GOTY bullshit we had a few years ago. He will make snide remarks about how ridiculous the main character is in Bayonetta and how it cannot be taken seriously. Also some salt about it only being on WiiU and being "niche".

He will filibuster until Dan and Jeff admit that Shadow of Mordor is a fun game and then claim victory. Patrick, Alex, Vinny are bored out of their minds at this point and since none of them will play Bayonetta but all have played Mordor, it will win.

Predictions: Jeff and Dan will love Bayonetta. Brad will dismiss it since he won't play it.

Brad will push for something extremely mediocre and mainstream (like Shadow of Mordor).

His argument will basically boil down to the same stuff as the Saint's Row 3 vs Skyrim GOTY bullshit we had a few years ago. He will make snide remarks about how ridiculous the main character is in Bayonetta and how it cannot be taken seriously. Also some salt about it only being on WiiU and being "niche".

He will filibuster until Dan and Jeff admit that Shadow of Mordor is a fun game and then claim victory. Patrick, Alex, Vinny are bored out of their minds at this point and since none of them will play Bayonetta but all have played Mordor, it will win.

The hell is this !? But bayo is a niche game...

Haunted

I don't think Mordor is mediocre. But it's no GOTY either.

Mully

What about Infamous: Second Son? I know it was quietly liked by Jeff. Brad considered it slightly above mediocre. Does Infamous make it into the Top 10?

Patryn

I wouldn't be shocked if brad pushes for Destiny hard in GOTY.

If he does, he's not getting anywhere. Jeff clearly thinks that it's the most disappointing game of the year. Dan doesn't seem that enthused about it. Even Drew hasn't been talking about it much, and it's a Bungie game.

I could see Dan pushing B2, but who knows what he'll be like. It'll be his first year in the room. Did GI do GOTY?

What about Infamous: Second Son? I know it was quietly liked by Jeff. Brad considered it slightly above mediocre. Does Infamous make it into the Top 10?

Maybe Top 10. But I believe they've recently referred to it as a disappointing and shallow game in comparison to Shadow of Mordor.

In fact, didn't Jeff say that he really only liked the neon section?

daydream

Banned
I wonder if Killer Instinct or
A City Sleeps, lol
have a shot at top 10.

Hmm, Imma say 'no'.

Dany

Banned
It's not even a month and we're almost at 100 pages.

Almost as fast as a Destiny thread, but less disappointing.
KuGsj.gif

tchocky

I think South Park could make it to top 10 most of them outside of Jeff seemed to like it and Dan linked to the sale of it on amazon a few days ago.

Chuck

Still without luck
No chance Destiny gets into the top ten. Brad doesn't even think it's good. This isn't like divekick 8th best game of 2013 kind of stuff.

tchocky

South Park's chances rest on if they remember it exists.

Looking at Patricks list of games he finished it seems he didn't beat South Park and I have no idea which game he is going to pull a swapper and really want on the list from these games.

tumblr_inline_ncir0yotav1qzw7ud.png

popo

They should get Dan to drive that borderlands QL. Jeff already decided he hated it when Hansom Jack was announced as being back. Apparently that O2 mechanic Jff complained so much about is a non-issue. Just another thing to collect like ammo. You don't even die when you run out. That game might have problems but that ain't one.

I wonder what the guys are up to? They mentioned a "long day" Monday, recording the podcast really late, but I have not seen anything on the site to reflect that. Same with yesterday, no content today from whatever they did yesterday. Maybe GOTY format meetings have started?

Top Bottom