• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Megasoum

Banned
They should get Dan to drive that borderlands QL. Jeff already decided he hated it when Hansom Jack was announced as being back. Apparently that O2 mechanic Jff complained so much about is a non-issue. Just another thing to collect like ammo. You don't even die when you run out. That game might have problems but that ain't one.

I wonder what the guys are up to? They mentioned a "long day" Monday, recording the podcast really late, but I have not seen anything on the site to reflect that. Same with yesterday, no content today from whatever they did yesterday. Maybe GOTY format meetings have started?

I think the "long day" was the afternoon where they recorded the two QLEX

BearPawB

Banned
Im not far into Pre-Sequel, but yeah, O2 is really not an issue. So much so it makes you wonder why they included it. It seems mainly an in world explanation to double jump.

Patryn

The Pre-sequel is the Brotherhood to Borderlands 2's Assassin's Creed 2.

Given that Jeff was not overly enamored with BL2, I can understand why he's less than enthused about the PS.

It doesn't help that the story does feel like the people at Gearbox really like Handsome Jack and wanted to rehabilitate him to make him less evil and more heroic.

Then again, I'm only like 5 hours in right now.

Patryn

Oh, thinking of Borderlands, one thing that did bug me was Brad knocking it on the Bombcast for having a bazillion guns that are simply assembled from pieces as compared to Destiny, which had handcrafted legendary weapons with unique effects, names and flavor text.

Except that Borderlands has always had legendary weapons with unique looks, names, effects and flavor text. For instance, I loved Blockhead, the Minecraft shotgun from BL2 that fired flaming Minecraft blocks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh, thinking of Borderlands, one thing that did bug me was Brad knocking it on the Bombcast for having a bazillion guns that are simply assembled from pieces as compared to Destiny, which had handcrafted legendary weapons with unique effects, names and flavor text.

Except that Borderlands has always had legendary weapons with unique looks, names, effects and flavor text.

Said the same thing in the bombcast thread.

From the sounds of it destiny's unique guns are nowhere near as diverse and unique as borderlands 2.

Except that Borderlands has always had legendary weapons with unique looks, names, effects and flavor text.
I was thinking the same thing. I guess its because he didn't play it much ...

Destiny is cool dumb. Borderlands is dumb.
! :p

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan says I should watch 24
15369188600_21de392b66_o.png

Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow :lol

24 was an amazing show for 5 years (with some rough spots) but it quickly became enjoyable for reasons of parody after that. It was painfully formulaic after a while and you could predict the plot beats just by looking at the episode number in the last few seasons.

Patryn

When I said the Brotherhood to Assassin's Creed 2, I meant in the sense that it's basically extremely similar to the previous game with a few new mechanics on top of it.

Any quality inferences from that statement were purely unintentional on my part.

Probably should have gone with my first impulse, which was to say it was the Awakening to Borderlands 2's Dragon Age: Origins.

Fox318

Destiny will win GOTY for Giantbomb.

It will be like last time with somebody who just didn't give a fuck and wants to go home switching sides so that the podcast could end.

What do we predict Giant Bomb's GOTY 2014 will be?

I can already feel the "Yeah it's well-made but I dunno" reaction to Bayonetta 2 coming from Jeff, despite Dan's enthusiasm for it.

I guess Wolfenstein, Shadow of Mordor, and Shovel Knight have been the most widely-liked games among the staff so far. Brad will get Destiny into the top 10.

Mount Your Friends has to be on there somewhere.
I'm very excited to see if they've got a good couch co-op category this year.

popo

How long till "Remember when Destiny was a thing" is a thing we'll hear.

You say this like the game was a flop and not what is likely one of the biggest games of its generation. All of its flaws haven't prevented it from being a huge success or stopped millions from keeping on playing it.

Top Bottom