• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

wasn't me!!!!

(though i never voiced any objections)

njv8n7zbkh.gif

Yeah, I don't mind the move, at all, but that part irks me a bit.

reminder that large swathes of GAF are incapable of anything other than sneering

You guys have kind of exaggerated my statement, which was already exaggerated for effect. Most of the other mods don't really care too much about video/personality driven sites, and so most of their experience with the thread is "what is this and why are they rambling on about random stuff," as well as hearing stories about having to cool people down about "bad at games" and Patrick stuff and weirdo weekend shit.

Currently their level of knowledge about Giant Bomb is me telling them about Dan, who they are not convinced is a real person.

You guys have kind of exaggerated my statement, which was already exaggerated for effect. Most of the other mods don't really care too much about video/personality driven sites, and so most of their experience with the thread is "what is this and why are they rambling on about random stuff," as well as hearing stories about having to cool people down about "bad at games" and Patrick stuff.

Currently their level of knowledge about Giant Bomb is me telling them about Dan, who they are not convinced is a real person.

so basically this move was a result of bias

I thought this site was about ethics in video games

Danomeon

Neo Member
Hooray for chat being back!

I hope the video works soon, I've got a hot pizza and I always take the first bite when they fade in. It's a Friday ritual.

Zaph

You guys have kind of exaggerated my statement, which was already exaggerated for effect. Most of the other mods don't really care too much about video/personality driven sites, and so most of their experience with the thread is "what is this and why are they rambling on about random stuff," as well as hearing stories about having to cool people down about "bad at games" and Patrick stuff and weirdo weekend shit.

So you're saying it's a lack of education?

Give me names, I'll PM them my Jeff ER's Persona 3 fan fiction. I'm sure that'll straighten everything out.

I always thought it made more sense for this thread to be in community, but why now

Honestly, the "why now" is because over the last two or three months it's been this ongoing topic of "what the fuck are the super best friends and why do their threads have so many posts, i went in there and after 10 pages i don't know who they are" and when it was decided to also move it to Community, there was this question of what made the GB thread any different, really

I always thought it made more sense for this thread to be in community, but why now

The sticky post on the Gaming Forum about OTs got some feedback about this and other threads like it. I'm sure it wasn't the first time it was discussed but it may have been the tipping point.

Honestly, the "why now" is because over the last two or three months it's been this ongoing topic of "what the fuck are the super best friends and why do their threads have so many posts, i went in there and after 10 pages i don't know who they are" and when it was decided to also move it to Community, there was this question of what made the GB thread any different, really

So those anime nerds fucked us. Jeff was right all along.

Zaph

Waifu's. It's always waifu's.

Tan

I smell a fight starting

Patryn

I remain unconvinced that Dan isn't some government experiment foisted on an unknowing population.

I feel like the AVGN thread might as well move too

I know that sounds really petty, and you'd be right

Top Bottom