• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

chogidogs

Honestly, the "why now" is because over the last two or three months it's been this ongoing topic of "what the fuck are the super best friends and why do their threads have so many posts, i went in there and after 10 pages i don't know who they are" and when it was decided to also move it to Community, there was this question of what made the GB thread any different, really

Evilore loves Giant Bomb and probably don't know who the Super Best Friends are?

Zaph

We got moved to community ghetto
0043_mvrms.gif

wild west time up in here now

Anything goes!
7P5gU.gif

Alucrid

Banned
Honestly, the "why now" is because over the last two or three months it's been this ongoing topic of "what the fuck are the super best friends and why do their threads have so many posts, i went in there and after 10 pages i don't know who they are" and when it was decided to also move it to Community, there was this question of what made the GB thread any different, really

i don't know who they are but i don't like them

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
What they really should do is make the community forum just threads older than say, 2 weeks. Everything posted in Gaming older than 2 weeks gets automoved there, freeing up Gaming for new news threads. The popular community threads would rise to the top, and the old Gaming news threads would fall into the ghetto of community, rather than Gaming. There would be no back and forth of what constitutes a "community" thread and what constitutes a "Gaming" thread.

(also the new OT rules are dumb)

bonercop

:(

i just hope this thread doesn't end up like other community threads, and becomes a chatroom.

...Better than I thought it'd be. Way to go, guys.

I found this bit particularly poignant:

i just think it sets up a false dichomoty. gamergate is a hate group with the sole purpose of chasing women out of the gaming industry. "anti-gamergate" is a description for everyone who dissapproves of them. gamergate plans, organizes and targets specific people for its harassment. "anti-gamergate" examples of harassment are isolated cases of people acting on their own etc. etc.

when you invoke the lazy south parkian notion of some kind of mythical middle-ground where all the ~*reasonable*~ people reside, it feel like the lunatics have won. when being against a group of reactionaries involved in a a hate campaign means you're "anti-gamergate". "the reasonable center" becomes a middle position between gamergate and disapproving of gamergate. and that more than anything, gives these assholes a place at the table.

i know jeff's piece overall doesn't come across that way -- but that specific paragraph does.

Guys, this thread was probably going to get moved to Community one day anyway, so don't try to "blame" someone else or start interthread drama.

So I'm here from the Super Best Friends thread. Our topic's OT goes pretty far in explaining who we are, but I'd like to go a step further and say that the best friends are mostly fans of GB, and lots of us over in the thread follow GB. Since we are now all stuck here, we might as well acknowledge each other a little bit, right?

Top Bottom