• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kind of feel like Borderlands won't survive the generation jump. Like I knew 2 would do well, but I think people are already tired of the format and those that aren't are probably going to keep playing something like Destiny or Division when it comes out.

Brashnir

Jeff laying the groundwork to rope Dan into the Persona 5 Endurance Run*

*will not be called an Endurance Run because Jeff will refuse that format.

Wunder

Borderlands could be so much more... :( More skills, better talent trees, better itemization, and finding a way around making 'raid' bosses fun - those are the things that would make Borderlands amazing

Golden adds so much to the end of the game and even the day to day events that I can't possibly imagine going back to the original. It just feels empty and unfinished in comparison.

And Jeff said "We won't get far enough to see combat right now"
Itshappening.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Community Ghetto :(
Seemed inevitable.

Golden adds so much to the end of the game and even the day to day events that I can't possibly imagine going back to the original. It just feels empty and unfinished in comparison.

And Jeff said "We won't get far enough to see combat right now"
Itshappening.gif
It's too bad Jeff didn't know about the fast forward button. He literally could have skipped the entire intro if he wanted to.

Anth0ny

community > gaming, you guys need to chill.

besides, the big giant bomb events (GOTY, E3, Dan and Jeff play 3DS on a roller coaster) will still get threads in gaming.

not to mention weekly bombcast threads.

Oh man. The moment where Jeff chooses the option when meeting Dojima "It's been a while."

Also speaking of Persona 4. Depending on who you ask, the following video may have ruined, or enhanced Persona 4 in some way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lj9qI8VFc

All yo yens

I've never seen Persona the game

So I shall watch this

I dived into the TV once and discovered who the gas attendant was. that's about it though.

Squishy3

It'll just be called the Dan Tolerance Run with Persona 5 as the special guest. It's to see if Jeff can put up with Dan for the length of the game.

Sorry for us anime nerds fucking this thread over. If it makes you feel better I enjoy some Giant Bomb content as well, like the bombcasts and the QLs.

demidar

I was a GB fan long before I was a SBF fan. I enjoy both and find their respective podcasts to work as a nice contrast to each other.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Going by that look in the Vita game, no thanks. Dan wasn't contributing anything noteworthy or funny whenever Jeff tried to set it up. I like Dan, but there's no way I could see him working in an Endurance Run format.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Going by that look in the Vita game, no thanks. Dan wasn't contributing anything noteworthy or funny whenever Jeff tried to set it up. I like Dan, but there's no way I could see him working in an Endurance Run format.

His work on game informer's super replays shows that he works very well in an endurance format.

Metal gear scanlon shows that too.

Dunno about persona specifically though.

FluxWaveZ

I think Dan could do well in an Endurance Run. I haven't watched any of those Metal Gear videos, but I imagine people enjoyed those. Can't say I'd be too into the prospect of Dan being part of any Persona ER, though.

The Duck Dynasty dialogue is like 50 minutes of that NBA 2K15 Shaq banter that left me in tears. So bizarre, although I don't watch the show because I'm not a terrible person :p

MNC

It's almost time to renew my sub. Any idea how to do that with Paypal? Buy the "shirt with Paypal Subscription" again? I don't know if it will add up the time on my account or just start straight from the purchase date.

Renpatsu

To some of you folks who'd like a link to the Giant Bomb thread in the weekly Bombcast threads don't worry because that's already been accounted for.

Antiwhippy

And Alex catching himself trying to not act uppity about people who like that show.

Yeah, the comments those dudes from duck dynasty say make them look like real pieces of shit, but the show seemed like a slightly more interesting variant of rich assholes acting like idiots.

Antiwhippy

I can see how as an Unpro the vita thing isn't great but I thought it was a pretty nice and chill look at the vita TV.

Where is everyone though?

Am I missing something or did they not mention Chrono Cross at all? That might be the consensus most overblown score ever seen (IGN's Black and White review is close).

They mentioned it.

Said the review was done by a freelancer.

Also seeing Jeff play and talk about Persona 4 again on the Vita TV thing made me all warm and fuzzy

Moaradin

That was the first time I actually saw footage of Persona 4 Golden. Holy shit they let you move around the shopping district without 5 hours of story first! What is this blasphemy. They only played the first couple minutes and I already noticed a ton of new additions and changes.

I might need to buy a PSTV just for this...

so i searched the thread and didn't see this mentioned yet, but there was a new Dadcast today

edit - actually I guess it was mentioned but didn't see much discussion about it. Gonna listen to it today probably

Playing Shadow of Mordor and I still can not get why Brad and Jeff thought that Gollum was a comedic relief
Maybe because Jeff is so unfamiliar with the lore to understand that all the Precious talk is actually creepy as heck. But was weird heard Brad saying "because Peter Jackson" when Ratbag seems to be more in line with that place....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Between Brad's addiction to DOTA and his addiction to Destiny, whenever he mentions resubbing to WoW to save his names... I worry for him. I worry of what he will become.

Also someone should tell Dan we're in community now so he continues to talk to us.

hamchan

Listening to Jeff talk about what he wants out of a Borderlands 3, it's funny how much he wants it to be more like Destiny.

Borderlands certainly has the mission variety and amount of content that Destiny lacks. Take the good parts of Destiny that Jeff mentioned, combine it with Borderlands and you have a winner I think.

Listening to Jeff talk about what he wants out of a Borderlands 3, it's funny how much he wants it to be more like Destiny.

I try not to listen to talk of either game if I can help it, but it sounds like he'd probably want a Destiny sequel to more like Borderlands.

The two games seem like two halves of the same incomplete puzzle.

Question on Borderlands since that was a point of discussion earlier, what made the first game spark off so well that they've turned it into a franchise? I played 1 and 2 and the character chatter is pretty amusing at times, but I don't think I ever really "felt" it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Question on Borderlands since that was a point of discussion earlier, what made the first game spark off so well that they've turned it into a franchise? I played 1 and 2 and the character chatter is pretty amusing at times, but I don't think I ever really "felt" it.

It's meaningless loot on a stick with FPS gameplay. Not a hard thing to figure out why it was successful. In the end, it really had nothing to do with the characters. The characters might only be popular because they're a byproduct of the popular game which brought a Diablo style game mixed with the most popular genre of the time to consoles.

Top Bottom