• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

With Extra Life coming up, there is no way thread makes it to November

Well, I'd hope Extra Life discussion is concentrated in the separate Extra Life thread, assuming one is made. I'm not the best at doing that myself - I never even open the separate Bombcast threads and if I comment on something about the Bombcast I do it here - but I'll do my best this time.

Zia has made her opinion of Giant Bomb apparent in other threads long before this situation. Her position stands out as an exception compared to the rest if the critics.

Well, I agree that Zia is exceptional case... but last night gamergate thread leave me bad taste in my mouth and that threat reactions doesn't help.

Myggen

Yeah, Extra Life discussion will be in a dedicated thread in Gaming. I'm gonna be watching a lot of it, so I can probably make the thread and update it with games played etc., unless Coldman wants to do it (he did the thread last year too).

Megasoum

Banned
I don't understand how somebody could actively hate GB... I mean sure you don't have to like them or what they put on the site but what is there to hate?

Ketch

Anybody who actually thinks gamergate is about ethics in journalism and not an excuse to spew hate speech needs to understand that it's too late for that hashtag and they're just willfully associating themselves with this ridiculous bullshit.

santeesioux

I don't understand how somebody could actively hate GB... I mean sure you don't have to like them or what they put on the site but what is there to hate?

I think they literally thought a big gaming site was going to come out in favor of Gamergate instead of just the tiny niche ones that did to get more people visiting them. When that didn't happen, they did what they always do, start flinging vitrol anger at them. Look at Jim Sterling, he was trying to stay neutral on the whole thing, and that wasn't good enough, so they did that to him as well.

Yeah, Extra Life discussion will be in a dedicated thread in Gaming. I'm gonna be watching a lot of it, so I can probably make the thread and update it with games played etc., unless Coldman wants to do it (he did the thread last year too).

I did? Huh.

Nah, fuck it, I absolve myself of the responsibility.

Curufinwe

Well, I agree that Zia is exceptional case... but last night gamergate thread leave me bad taste in my mouth and that threat reactions doesn't help.

Is her position really much different than Wu's? She basically called GB sexist for not putting TR in their top 10, then tried to name and shame them on TV when Patrick's story on rhe harassment of her wasn't up quickly enough. She said they didn't care about women being harassed because they were men.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/gen...u-goes-on-msnbc-to-discuss-gamergate-1496991/

aw man i thought i was gonna be able to stream for extra life this year but ill be out of town

oh well
Yeah, next weekend's going to be busy as hell for me (I'm volunteering to organize a cool party) and I need to wake up early on the following Monday for work stuff. I'm never too great at watching super long archives, I don't think I've watched any of the stuff I missed during last year's Extra Life. And I know it's just a weird psychological thing, because I can watch the same amount of regular GB content on any given week.
The Hatsune Miku quicklook.

Stop changing your avatar all the time!
Is her position really much different than Wu's? She basically called GB sexist for not putting TR in their top 10, then tried to name and shame them on TV when Patrick's story on rhe harassment of her wasn't up quickly enough. She said they didn't care about women being harassed because they were men.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/gen...u-goes-on-msnbc-to-discuss-gamergate-1496991/
Brianna apologized for mentioning GB as soon as she learned that they discussed the events on AM and Patrick had written a story about it. She also commented on the Letter From The Editor thread thanking them for posting it.

Branson

There are a lot of ways that you can play the game differently than they do - different social links, different activities etc. You could do it either way and have a different experience than them.
That sounds cool to me. I'm never going to play a 100 hour long RPG again so it would be neat to see it differently.

2xWa9pr.png

And how Leigh Alexander has always being so passive aggresive about the E3 podcast fiasco even when Patrick supports her.

daydream

Banned
Will we even get our own thread? Someone mentioned that it will be all part of a collective Extra Life thread which would be dumb, imo. Maybe I misread, though.

Megasoum

Banned
I still don't understand why they think he would have been on their side.

Yeah this is ridiculous.

I never thought for 1 sec that any of the big sites would support GG.

The only thing that annoyed me with the general silence from the "big" press is that it can easily look like they are trying to bury the ethical discussion under all the pile of bullshit that is GG which is a shame.

I still don't understand why they think he would have been on their side.

Because after convincing themselves that they are doing the right thing, anyone that they like that hasn't made their stance clear must obviously be on the "right" side. That's why silence in this situation isn't helping.

Top Bottom