• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Chuck

Still without luck
image.php

image.php

*sigh*

:(

justjim89

Dan seems to have had the party all the time, never go to class, get blackout drunk every night college experience you see in college movies and go "Yeah, that's not how it is." But he actually got to live it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dan seems to have had the party all the time, never go to class, get blackout drunk every night college experience you see in college movies and go "Yeah, that's not how it is." But he actually got to live it.

That's how my senior year of high school was. It's definitely how it is if you want it to be and know how to talk to people.

Bacon

That was my freshman year of college. Then I had to shape up because I almost failed out. College got a lot less fun and a lot tougher after that.

That's how my senior year of high school was. It's definitely how it is if you want it to be and know how to talk to people.

That was my freshman year of college. Then I had to shape up because I almost failed out. College got a lot less fun and a lot tougher after that.

the key is that he was successful after that so that seems to be the true endgame if you are gonna go that route.

justjim89

Yeah, I'm sure you can make it that way if you're charismatic and friendly enough. I'll concede I spent too many college weekends holed up in my dorm room knowing I was actively squandering the greatest opportunities for reckless fun I would ever have.

Dan's gumption and positivity has clearly been helping him for a long long time, and it's astounding in an awe-inspiring sort of way. He should do like a motivational video series or podcast or something. Or follow in Danny's footsteps and go on Knockin' Boots and help folks sort out their insecure relationship nonsense.

:( There's always next year. I'm just glad I still have the Ravens to fall back to. A few weeks ago, it felt like they were in a tailspin. With a win tomorrow, they'll improve to 5-2 on the season and have one of the best win/loss records. Not too bad at this stage of the season.

If the Royals win the World Series, everyone will know.

Everybody. My hype will be too stronk for the world.

It's funny that it's KC/SF because that means whether Dan is visiting his family or stays in SF, he'll be where the World Series is. Too bad he is going to KC, though, as this could have been a perfect time for his dad to make his first visit to Giant Bomb.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I've been going back trying to trace giant bomb's reaction to the xbox one in the beginning and Jesus Christ the day one podcast of E3 2013 is fucking terrible.

So I've been going back trying to trace giant bomb's reaction to the xbox one in the beginning and Jesus Christ the day one podcast of E3 2013 is fucking terrible.

I remember how crazy the official thread went when Adam Boyes brought the PS4. I wish I could search that far back for my comments. Looking back at that video, though, is bittersweet, as it's one of the last things we ever saw Ryan do with Giant Bomb. Everything about that E3 was wacky, from the stealing of the equipment, to that.... um.... location.

LiK

the PSTV feature was a surprise. really cool to see but Jeff didn't really test out as many games as i expected.

the PSTV feature was a surprise. really cool to see but Jeff didn't really test out as many games as i expected.

It was good to see them finally messing around with it more but I wish Jeff had tested more Vita exclusive games. He pretty much only tested ports that can be played on a big screen anyway so it didn't exactly show us anything new.

Renpatsu

It was good to see them finally messing around with it more but I wish Jeff had tested more Vita exclusive games. He pretty much only tested ports that can be played on a big screen anyway so it didn't exactly show us anything new.
Doesn't help that many of those exclusives don't work on the Vita TV due to one reason or another.

What's there to test, though? The games either work or they don't (and the list of games that work is available online) and they look like Vita games blown up on a big screen because that's what they are.

Doesn't help that many of those exclusives don't work on the Vita TV due to one reason or another.
There are quite a few that work (Danganronpa, Toukiden, Demon Gaze, Senran Kagura, etc.) but they're all of the kind that GB usually wouldn't cover even if they came out on a regular console. So instead we had Jeff going for the kinds of games he knows and likes, and the Vita doesn't have a very impressive selection of those.

I think the notable absence was Killzone Mercenary - Jeff should have just deleted one of those games he didn't like and hasn't been playing to make room for the patch.

Not even close to being true. P3's story is garbage
From the point Aigis is introduced all the way to tne end

I find her Pinnochio arc to be the weakest of the SEES team - besides Ken's, of course - but this blatantly isn't true.

Everything from the Ryoji reveal all the way to the credits beats P4 into the ground.

I think the actual plot of P3 might be stronger, even though I'm not much of a fan of "save the world" type stories. But the smaller, day-to-day life stories that are made possible by the P4 plot more than make up for it.

In a way, I almost wish that there was an updated version of FES that reincorporated all the fixes and tweaks that P3P made. I don't think there's a real "definitive" version of P3. Going back to P3/FES and not being able to control your teammates gets a little frustrating, especially Mitsuru's obsession with casting Marin Karin constantly and failing.

Brashnir

I find her Pinnochio arc to be the weakest of the SEES team - besides Ken's, of course - but this blatantly isn't true.

Everything from the Ryoji reveal all the way to the credits beats P4 into the ground.

Come on man, Persona 3's story goes from weak to terrible. I nearly went blind from my eyes rolling so hard during most of the plot scenes in the second half of that game.

sjack

Banned

It beats everything post serial killer reveal in P4, but everything preceding
Mitsuru's father dying
was meh. P3's story may have had stronger moments than P4, but it also had some of the worst and most excruciatingly dull moments as well, whereas 4 managed to stay consistent throughout.

EDIT: And I actually like Aegis' "Pinnochio arc". She ended up being one of my favourite Persona characters, along with Kanji.

daydream

Banned
Ian's still going for his 24h stream (playing Majora). 4h left. He's doing his solo stream this week because he's gonna be busy next week helping the guys out in the SF office so if we get Jason on camera (dunno if he'll be there) it'll probably be because of Ian's help. Although I'd also like to see Ian on camera! He got rid of the monstrous beard, haha.

Any reason why Jeff keeps posting videos of jehovas witnesses coming to his door on tumblr?

They make a good case for only opening the door when you know someone is coming.

Myggen

Ian's still going for his 24h stream (playing Majora). 4h left. He's doing his solo stream this week because he's gonna be busy next week helping the guys out in the SF office so if we get Jason on camera (dunno if he'll be there) it'll probably be because of Ian's help. Although I'd also like to see Ian on camera! He got rid of the monstrous beard, haha.

No reason to think that Jason won't be there, from what I know.

Top Bottom