• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Same here. I'm up to part 28 and they just got wiped out by Contrarian King.

Though the first time I watched the ER was right before P4A came out, and I hope to buy P4U soon, so maybe I should just embrace the ER to get me hyped for P4U.
"Hey Dave we're going to go fight the king!"

tchocky

With Dreamfall Chapters coming out this wee has anyone at GB played Longest Journey/Dreamfall. I know it's on Patrick's neverending list of games he is going to play but I would imagine only Vinny or maybe Rorie would have played them.

JayEH

I think I'm somewhere in the 50s for the Persona endurance run. I watch an episode maybe once every couple of months. It has its ups and downs.

I didn't watch an episode of the ER while they were recording them until episode 50. I watched it because I remember them talking about that episode specifically on the Bombcast the week they recorded it. It was a very eventful episode (I think it was the one they almost lost) and I was hooked. I then caught up as fast as I could to watch as they were being uploaded. The ER starts slowly and for a lot of episodes it works best as background noise but it was something special that I don't think they were ever quite able to recreate.

Myggen

All this P4 ER talk reminded me of one of the best GB Chrome extensions. Giant Bomb Season Pass detects if the video you're watching on the site is a video with multiple parts, and automatically makes a playlist in the sidebar that's integrated into the video player. Makes it as easy to watch ERs on the site as on YT, and makes watching Premium features with a lot of parts (the Souls features for example) a lot easier.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
All this P4 ER talk reminded me of one of the best GB Chrome extensions. Giant Bomb Season Pass detects if the video you're watching on the site is a video with multiple parts, and automatically makes a playlist in the sidebar that's integrated into the video player. Makes it as easy to watch ERs on the site as on YT, and makes watching Premium features with a lot of parts (the Souls features for example) a lot easier.
That's a great feature if you're just backlogging through the old shows.

justjim89

Yup, it makes the viewing experience a lot better. A suggestion for the next OT would be to include a "best of" of the numerous GB related Chrome extensions.

What are some of the other ones, besides the silly ass Patrick blocker? I've never really fiddled with Chrome extensions at all.

I remember when Google figured this out on its own... I was scared.

mmsaaFsl.png

danm999

You're my hero.

Seriously.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm OK with google knowing what I'm all about. I don't for see the skynet heel turn from google.

Firefox is the only good browser that has Xkit on it. Can't use tumblr without my extensions.

Everything else is in Chrome. I had a period where I tried out Opera but that was a horrible mistake.

Bacon

Just got to part five of metal gear scanlon where he fights psycho mantis. Is this the most frustrated drew gets with the game? He just seems so exasperated with the game after dying three/four times.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just got to part five of metal gear scanlon where he fights psycho mantis. Is this the most frustrated drew gets with the game? He just seems so exasperated with the game after dying three/four times.

Nope
The battle with Metal Gear/Liquid felt more like an episode of breaking brad. You could see it in his face.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Looking back through the video archives, what happened to patricks output of quick look solos of small indie games and worth playings?

Feels like it's been forever since he did one of those.

tchocky

Looking back through the video archives, what happened to patricks output of quick look solos of small indie games and worth playings?

Feels like it's been forever since he did one of those.

He doesn't feel Quick Looks with one person works and he is taking a break from worth playing and trying to come up with a new format.

Top Bottom