• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

UK press isnt all bad. Its just the print media side and the websites run by print media people.

Give it another 18 months and those should be all gone anyway.

I remember when Google figured this out on its own... I was scared.

mmsaaFsl.png

It took quite a while before Google Now started working here in Finland, but my first experience with it was when one day my phone just started reminding me when my flight was leaving, which terminal etc. - definitely took me by surprise. That was like half a year before I started getting something useful out of it (local commute).

It still doesn't support enough services around here to make it properly useful, for example parcel tracking would be handy. And the nearest liquor store.

Aerocrane

It took quite a while before Google Now started working here in Finland, but my first experience with it was when one day my phone just started reminding me when my flight was leaving, which terminal etc. - definitely took me by surprise. That was like half a year before I started getting something useful out of it (local commute).

It still doesn't support enough services around here to make it properly useful, for example parcel tracking would be handy. And the nearest liquor store.

You just have to wait until Google buys the creator of Alkoon.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Dan just tweeted he's playing the Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

If you're reading this thread, Dan, may I ask if you're considering doing a review on the game? It's my GOTY thus far and I'd love to see more reviews from bigger sites, good or bad. I don't want this beautiful, haunting game to be forgotten.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

If you're reading this thread, Dan, may I ask if you're considering doing a review on the game? It's my GOTY thus far and I'd love to see more reviews from bigger sites, good or bad. I don't want this beautiful, haunting game to be forgotten.

Is there a decent amount of freedom to explore in that game? In the ql, I wasn't quite sold on the puzzle elements, but the world looks real nice and I like just walking around environments like that.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Is there a decent amount of freedom to explore in that game? In the ql, I wasn't quite sold on the puzzle elements, but the world looks real nice and I like just walking around environments like that.

Yes and no. It has some freedom but for the most part you're going where the game wants you to go. It's a tightly designed and written game that blends narrative and game design cohesively and intuitively to tell a cracker of a story.

Oh yeah, and it's gorgeous.

Soundtrack's amazing, too.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yes and no. It has some freedom but for the most part you're going where the game wants you to go. It's a tightly designed and written game that blends narrative and game design cohesively and intuitively to tell a cracker of a story.

Oh yeah, and it's gorgeous.

Soundtrack's amazing, too.

Hmm, I might still check it out. Thanks!

Can anyone help me remember around the date of when they switched offices the first time? I was in the process of listening to old podcasts and recently switched players and lost where I was. All I can really remember from the recent episodes I had listened to was them talking about moving.

Thanks in advance.

Rainmaker

Banned
Can anyone help me remember around the date of when they switched offices the first time? I was in the process of listening to old podcasts and recently switched players and lost where I was. All I can really remember from the recent episodes I had listened to was them talking about moving.

Thanks in advance.

July 6th, 2010 is the first Bombcast after the move, I believe.

UPF and you all have me watching the Persona 4 Endurance Run from the beginning... again. I'm just going to skip work and life for the next few weeks now.

It's been over 4 years? This makes me feel old.

Four years ago I had high hopes for life. Giant Bomb was there in my eyeballs. Now I have low hopes for life. Giant Bomb is still here in my eyeballs. I can deal with that.

Nope
The battle with Metal Gear/Liquid felt more like an episode of breaking brad. You could see it in his face.

I felt so bad for him. I love Drew because he tries so much to look past the flaws of a game to see the stuff that is worth liking, and not just outright saying the whole game is bad for a flawed section.

But I couldn't agree with him more that the REX fight with it's awkward checkpoint and cheap ass Liquid fight is one hell of a annoying way for such a great game to go out.

But, I am with Dan, when I was ten the final segments were fucking amazing.

kingocfs

You might have to shoot a flare up to let them know this thread is in community now.

Patryn

Oh that's a shame, I already watched that. That Persona segment really made me want Jeff to play more of P4G (and me wanting a port of it or at least a way to play it on PS3).

The original Persona 4 is a PS2 Classic on PSN, I believe. So that's playable on all PS3s.

You might have to shoot a flare up to let them know this thread is in community now.

Dan already popped up in here, in response to someone saying he'd be "too dumb" to find it.

By the way, I know I've already admitted to being kind of a big Vita fan, but I'm really enjoying my PSTV. I played a friggin ton of it this weekend. Senran Kagura is way better with a real controller. The vita versions of Atelier games look good on a big screen too.

Patryn

Theoretically, yes. P1 PSP remake, P2:IS PSP remake, P2:EP ps1 classic, P3P, P4G.

Still a little sore about the EP remake not making it out west.

I also personally think the changes to the music they made in the P1 PSP remake were terrible.

Seriously, the battle theme is the worst. Compare this with this.

ultron87

P3P's cutscenes all being talking heads does make some story moments lose some impact, but basically everything else is better, so it is probably for the best.

The Friday video has probably convinced me to get a PS TV at some point to be a P4G and Danganropa box. I'd really like to play those games, but I can't stand the Vita's form factor for long sessions.

Top Bottom