• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
it's 10 episodes long and it starts after the 2 bells have been rung, with vinny traversing the tomb of the giants. It also starts with Ian overinforming vinny and rorie either trolling or trying to swing the other way and not giving him any info. It takes a couple of episodes for them to find their balance and for vinny to get his groove on.

Overinforming is a bit of a stretch, most of their information wasn't all that helpful or all that correct.

Patryn

P3P is superior in every way to P3FES except for removing the animated cutscenes, direct party control is something I can never not have in a Persona game anymore.

Maybe it's a little bit of Stockholm Syndrome, but in a weird way it managed to give the characters more personality for me. The way they'd either be idiots or super useful added a layer to their characterization.

And my comment was about the character running around the school and such, and not about battles.

Bacon

it's 10 episodes long and it starts after the 2 bells have been rung, with vinny traversing the tomb of the giants. It also starts with Ian overinforming vinny and rorie either trolling or trying to swing the other way and not giving him any info. It takes a couple of episodes for them to find their balance and for vinny to get his groove on.

Rorie and Ian bickering almost stopped me from watching the series. Thankfully they reigned that in a bit.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Maybe it's a little bit of Stockholm Syndrome, but in a weird way it managed to give the characters more personality for me. The way they'd either be idiots or super useful added a layer to their characterization.

I feel the same way. If nothing else, it's something that makes the battles interesting. Maybe not more fun, but it's something and I always prefer when an RPG tries something with its battle system. Persona 4 was just dreadfully dull there, with the most uninspired and by the numbers RPG battles possible.

And my comment was about the character running around the school and such, and not about battles.

Mitsuru casts Marin Karin!

Hah, yeah it's pretty clear that that's a jab at IGN.

It has been really interesting to follow Jeff's posts on the forum today. He has spent a lot of his career thinking about this stuff, so it's not surprising that he has some good answers. I especially like his Patreon stance. It's also fascinating to see how many people actually expect the games media to follow stricter ethics rules than the New York Times.
That is because we grew along side game journos and have FAR more passion and interaction then the people who bring you "news".
We just want our coverage to be the best that is possible because we care so much about that.

Now do some people take it to far absolutely but does that mean we shouldn't keep our selfs to a very high standard for as long as possible.

I'd think with Drew out they'd just jump into some live stuff a little more, leave them as twitch streams and then worry about archiving them later.

popo

Patricks "man of the people" takes a slight hit when he - only half jokingly - thinks everyone using a pre paid phone must be involved in the drugs trade.

Patricks "man of the people" takes a slight hit when he - only half jokingly - thinks everyone using a pre paid phone must be involved in the drugs trade.

I dunno, i have seen the lasted Bombin' but , really, it all depends on:

A) Have you seen The Wire?
B) Have you not seen The Wire?

If you answer A, then it's safe to assume that everyone with a prepaid phone is the lowest scum of the earth predatory monster seeking to inject us all with drugs while we hide our children from the streets.

If your answer is B, then you probably know some people who rarely use their phones and don't see the need for one except for using it as a cheap means of communication.

regardless of your answer, i totally understand and can relate.

Fjordson

This was probably covered a while ago so I apologize for retreading, but does Dan plan on playing any more WoW? I just found the 30 day free trial videos he did and as a longtime WoW fan they're a great watch. But I noticed the last video came out way back in August (guessing he isn't considering that fact, but holding out hope it's just on hiatus or something).

This was probably covered a while ago so I apologize for retreading, but does Dan plan on playing any more WoW? I just found the 30 day free trial videos he did and as a longtime WoW fan they're a great watch. But I noticed the last video came out way back in August (guessing he isn't considering that fact, but holding out hope it's just on hiatus or something).

It was always meant to be a 4 Episode run. He said that near the start of it. He said he might go back if he kept playing, but I do not think he did. He has not publicly said it anyway as far as I know.

Bacon

He has a stand/dock for his laptop, that'S why it's standing up. He uses a realy keyboard/mouse/monitor when at work.

Ahh fair enough, i still think he needs to clean that desk though. That would be far too distracting for me to work at. I guess it doesn't bother him though so whatever.

Fjordson

It was always meant to be a 4 Episode run. He said that near the start of it. He said he might go back if he kept playing, but I do not think he did. He has not publicly said it anyway as far as I know.
Damn, figured as much. These videos are awesome, though (almost done with part 2). Jeff + Dan is a great combo.

He's mentioned that his issues with MMOs (or games like Destiny and Dota) is that he likes to play a lot of stuff, and has no desire to pour time into a single game when he could instead play a lot of games. I think it's unlikely he'll go back to WoW, but I wouldn't be surprised if he sits in on the inevitable WoD QL since he's the only person who has played it recently besides Rorie.

Patryn

I think he said on the last Bombcast (or maybe the one before that... I think it was the one with Rorie) that he won't be playing anymore WoW.

Myggen

That is because we grew along side game journos and have FAR more passion and interaction then the people who bring you "news".
We just want our coverage to be the best that is possible because we care so much about that.

Now do some people take it to far absolutely but does that mean we shouldn't keep our selfs to a very high standard for as long as possible.

Well, some perspective is needed. If for example the divide between business and editorial ("church and state") is good enough for The Washington Post, it should be enough for a site like Gamespot. But let's not retread that ground again.

popo

I dunno, i have seen the lasted Bombin' but , really, it all depends on:

A) Have you seen The Wire?
B) Have you not seen The Wire?

If you answer A, then it's safe to assume that everyone with a prepaid phone is the lowest scum of the earth predatory monster seeking to inject us all with drugs while we hide our children from the streets.

If your answer is B, then you probably know some people who rarely use their phones and don't see the need for one except for using it as a cheap means of communication.

regardless of your answer, i totally understand and can relate.

I dunno. Might be a european thing but everyone I know has at least one spare "dumb" phone kicking around to keep in the car or for emergencies.

Although that US TV thing of buying the phone complete with sim and then dumping the whole thing in the trash when it is out of credit is alien to me.

popo

Ahh fair enough, i still think he needs to clean that desk though. That would be far too distracting for me to work at. I guess it doesn't bother him though so whatever.

He can be as messy as he likes, my desk is a tip, but that "box city" must be breaking fire code. Unless that is where Dan sleeps.

As for the P4 ER goes: I'm not going to lie, I am really curious on where this nurse at the hospital thing goes...

image.php

RE_Player

So is every morning show going to start with some opening banter about how the Internet is terrible? I don't like this whole gamer gate thing and harassment either but I didn't think it was going to consume every other piece of content on the site.

KingKong

Yeah, I just started watching it and it doesn't seem as fun as Breaking Brad Demon Souls but maybe it will get there. Vinny making up something and cackling when Brad died never got old. Brad was surprisingly decent at the game though, I expected him to struggle a lot more and he beat it in what, 40 hours

EP 71 of the P4 ER is just one long mindfuck.

Spoilers obviously:
First King Moron, then Teddie in the real world, then Teddie not being hollow....I'm not even half way through the episode. :lol: Jeff and Vinny instantly hating him because Chie seems to like him right away.

Wunder

EP 71 of the P4 ER is just one long mindfuck.

Spoilers obviously:
First King Moron, then Teddie in the real world, then Teddie not being hollow....I'm not even half way through the episode. :lol: Jeff and Vinny instantly hating him because Chie seems to like him right away.

FUCK TEDDIE

stupid sexy teddie

Is brad going to give Dark Souls II PC Edition a shot to keep the annual brad-plays-a-dark-souls-game-on-PC tradition alive? I remember him backing off from the game when it was released on consoles with the reasoning being that he was going to wait for the PC version but i wanna say that he never actually played the PC version.

sjack

Banned
Is brad going to give Dark Souls II PC Edition a shot to keep the annual brad-plays-a-dark-souls-game-on-PC tradition alive? I remember him backing off from the game when it was released on consoles with the reasoning being that he was going to wait for the PC version but i wanna say that he never actually played the PC version.

Unless it's the DLC, I'd rather not watch him play DS II. It's rather dull, especially after playing for over a 100 hours of it.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah I think they missed the boat on that. Should have kept the 'playing dark souls too' series going at the time when there was a lot of interest in it. Now it's just not as appealing.

fleck0

I hope we get to see more multiplayer stuff in some of the streams, sort of a psuedo-TNT. I'd nominate playing that new/old GoG Alien vs Predator multiplayer test and Wreckfest.

Egg0

Banned
Since it's October, Scoops can just play horror games for 24 hours. Finish ALL the Fatal Frames. Though I imagine after 24 hours of horror games, he'd look like those people who died after seeing the tape from The Ring.

Top Bottom