• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

popo

Alex didn't even know Extra Life was this weekend - which casts doubt on a beast stream. Brad does a good job but I don't really like solo streams.

-------

Patrick (or maybe Alex) said he can get soft tacos but not burritos. Is the difference not just how it is wrapped? Also, seems like mexican would be pretty easy to make yourself.

Alex didn't even know Extra Life was this weekend - which casts doubt on a beast stream. Brad does a good job but I don't really like solo streams.

-------

Patrick (or maybe Alex) said he can get soft tacos but not burritos. Is the difference not just how it is wrapped? Also, seems like mexican would be pretty easy to make yourself.

I really can't see Vinny having the time (nor could see his wife letting him) to do extra life with a newborn and Max at home. And what with them in the process of moving offices, unless they decide to stream from Alex's place, I can't see it happening for BEAST

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
If brad had to choose between playing destiny or dota on the stream, I'd rather watch him play destiny.

Myggen

@turboskerv was actually thinking about picking up the last DS1 character i abandoned. left off in Blighttown i think
@brabbit24 @turboskerv actually i take that back, i think i was into Sen's and had maybe beaten the golem with that character

Dark Souls confirmed for Brad's stream?

If brad had to choose between playing destiny or dota on the stream, I'd rather watch him play destiny.

XuMF51q.gif

Kerned

Banned

-------

Tacos are generally smaller. A burrito is a more substantial meal and having the ingredients completely wrapped up really does make it meaningfully different from a taco. Also, it's easier to include more salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc. in a burrito since they are self-contained. That stuff tends to get messy in a taco. If I am in the mood for a burrito, a taco will not suffice (and vice versa). As far as being easy to make yourself, it's not rocket science, but it really is hard to replicate a good authentic burrito at home.

Another thing, Alex mentioned that there are soft- and hard-shell tacos, but did not mention the medium-shell taco, which in my opinion is the holy grail of taco.

popo

I really can't see Vinny having the time (nor could see his wife letting him) to do extra life with a newborn and Max at home. And what with them in the process of moving offices, unless they decide to stream from Alex's place, I can't see it happening for BEAST

I dunno. If Vinny was streaming from home then it would not be too bad. He would just have to take breaks during the night when the kid wanted a feed or something (I have no idea what I am talking about with kids).

I just thought Beast might do something as the word was that there would be more streaming than last year and Patrick didn't seem to know anything about it.

tchocky

I dunno. If Vinny was streaming from home then it would not be too bad. He would just have to take breaks during the night when the kid wanted a feed or something (I have no idea what I am talking about with kids).

I just thought Beast might do something as the word was that there would be more streaming than last year and Patrick didn't seem to know anything about it.

Patrick was asked on tumblr if he was streaming and he said their are plans afoot

Tacos are generally smaller. A burrito is a more substantial meal and having the ingredients completely wrapped up really does make it meaningfully different from a taco. Also, it's easier to include more salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc. in a burrito since they are self-contained. That stuff tends to get messy in a taco. If I am in the mood for a burrito, a taco will not suffice (and vice versa). As far as being easy to make yourself, it's not rocket science, but it really is hard to replicate a good authentic burrito at home.

Another thing, Alex mentioned that there are soft- and hard-shell tacos, but did not mention the medium-shell taco, which in my opinion is the holy grail of taco.
Tell me more about this fabled medium shell taco

popo

Polygon continues to piss money up the wall get financial backing to add to their staff army. I am not bitter (a little bitter).

We're super excited to announce that we're looking to add an Entertainment Editor and Engagement Editor to the Polygon family.

Our Engagement Editor will be charged with helping grow our audience, which means managing our social media channels, getting our content into the hands of people who may want to help spread the word and (if their power is left unchecked) forcing us to write exclusively about Justin Bieber and free iPads.

Our Entertainment Editor will take charge of our expansion into non-gaming media, amping up our coverage of TV, movies and comics in (and this is the crucial part) ways that Polygon readers like yourself will be eager to read.

------------

Patrick was asked on tumblr if he was streaming and he said their are plans afoot

On bombing he was considering it - suggesting he was not part of what was previously announced.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
They're trying to be Kotaku. A little bit of everything, posting a lot of stuff from the internet with some editorials and solid reporting sprinkled on top. They don't have anyone on the level of Schreier though.

At least they still have McElroy. As far as I'm concerned he continues to be Polygon's saving grace.

Kerned

Banned
Tell me more about this fabled medium shell taco

They are more like a traditional hard taco than they are a soft taco, but the shells have a bit of give and don't break all apart when you take a bite. It seems to me like the shells are probably fried up right before making the tacos, whereas hard taco shells seem like they could have been sitting around for days. They are something I have only ever had at authentic mom-and-pop style Mexican restaurants, and even then they don't seem to be a guaranteed menu item. I used to live near a place that would sell you 12 for $10, and they were amazing.

At least they still have McElroy. As far as I'm concerned he continues to be Polygon's saving grace.

Both of their McElroys are top notch.

Myggen

That's true. Still, all their talk in the beginning about new games journalism seems a bit hilarious now. New games journalism, same as
Kotaku
the old games journalism. Anyways, I like McElroy if you avoid his Twitter (Griffin is okay too!).

Kerned

Banned
That's true. Still, all their talk in the beginning about new games journalism seems a bit hilarious now. New games journalism, same as
Kotaku
the old games journalism. Anyways, I like McElroy if you avoid his Twitter (Griffin is okay too!).

Yeah, a while back I really starting thinking Justin was a big jerk but then I stopped following him on Twitter. It cleared that problem right up.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Kotaku

I mean really Polygon started on a pretty low note when they had a Microsoft sponsored documentary about....themselves right after the site started. And then they declared themselves as the "saviours of gaming journalism". Come on. Really?

(Also their site design is fucking awful)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What happened to The Lobby? Are they not doing a long episode format. Went to watch it today and I see just short segments.
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-killer-instinct-s2-a-ci/2300-6421813/

Here's the full last episode. They cut it up (and hide it, see the two comments) for some reason. Probably more popular with their crowd and youtube, would be my guess.

Polygon continues to piss money up the wall get financial backing to add to their staff army. I am not bitter (a little bitter).
They also got rid of a couple of people. Chris Plante, Russ Frushtick and Russ Pitts all left.

edit: They seem to have cut all their longform article freelancing, too. The only thing I ever went to Polygon for.

popo

So what is a Fajita? Is it just a soft taco with meat and a specific seasoning?

They're trying to be Kotaku. A little bit of everything, posting a lot of stuff from the internet with some editorials and solid reporting sprinkled on top. They don't have anyone on the level of Schreier though.

are they? I guess. Always saw Kotaku more as a news content farm and they are not quite that. Sounds more like they want to be the new Whiskey Media. Alex and Rorie should apply for those two openings.

Myggen

are they? I guess. Always saw Kotaku more as a news content farm and they are not quite that. Sounds more like they want to be the new Whiskey Media. Alex and Rorie should apply for those two openings.

They're not as bad with the content farm stuff, but they still do more and more of that (they picked up the roller coaster video for example).

Kerned

Banned
So what is a Fajita? Is it just a soft taco with meat and a specific seasoning?

Yeah, sort of, but the ingredients are served to you loose and you put it together yourself. Definitely more Tex-Mex than Mexican.

I'm glad we're in Community now so we don't have to feel bad for talking about Mexican food instead of video games.
Polygon will be a Mexican food recipe aggregate site within 3 years.

Wunder

Anyone have tips on basic tortilla wrap filling? I wanna get into homemade wraps and want to use tuna, but i dont have a good way to heat up the tuna and would just have room temp fish and cold veggies. Also how do I get a good tight wrap going? I think i'm overfilling them so they're huge and gross.

Kerned

Banned
Anyone have tips on basic tortilla wrap filling? I wanna get into homemade wraps and want to use tuna, but i dont have a good way to heat up the tuna and would just have room temp fish and cold veggies. Also how do I get a good tight wrap going? I think i'm overfilling them so they're huge and gross.

Yup, you are probably overfilling them. Put less filling than you think you need on the lower half of the tortilla, fold in from the left and the right, then roll from the bottom. It just takes practice, but it can be tricky to get the hang of.

Top Bottom