• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Renpatsu

W6JgnVi.png

kPv0x2Y.png
Daydreaming, you're spoiling the magic.

Zaph

Holy shit that bombcast thread art. Perfecto.

Anyway, not a fan of all these split streams. Would prefer one 24hr thing with everyone in-studio as it's possibly feasible to watch the whole thing, more entertaining and
testicle
shocking.

Odd how Jason has barely been seen but now he's hosting the 'main' stream. Did they say why Jeff wasn't or who's in the control room?

popo

Anyway, not a fan of all these split streams. Would prefer one 24hr thing with everyone in-studio as it's possibly feasible to watch the whole thing, more entertaining and
testicle
shocking.

Odd how Jason has barely been seen but now he's hosting the 'main' stream. Did they say why Jeff wasn't or who's in the control room?

Weekend is the main streams as that is Extra Life proper.

Big sites are all in an arms race to stream multiple days and (hopefully) raise more money. I blame GS for promising 100 hours.

Myggen

testicle
shocking.

Ian might be in the control room? Didn't say anything about Jeff, we'll see when the article is up. Unless he has some personal stuff going on I expect him to at least come on as a guest. Dan was supposed to be with Jason on Saturday but now he has to host by himself!

Volotaire

GiantBomb Extra Life plans
THURSDAY at 7AM PACIFIC Patrick, Dave Lang, some combination of other Iron Galaxy employees, and who knows which other Chi-town knuckleheads will kick off the festivities from the windy city with a full 24 hours.

Following a short two-hour break, FRIDAY at 9AM PACIFIC intrepid producer Jason A. Striker will be joined by his wife and various Friends of Giant Bomb in the San Francisco studio for some manner of hijinks. I predict there will be fighting games.

Directly following Jason's stream, SATURDAY at 9AM PACIFIC I'll commence my now-annual solo stream from home, probably joined here and there by friends like Daily Dota luminary Crispy and Extra Life team captain Matt Pascual. Otherwise, there will only be a huge stack of games and the chat to keep me awake in the wee hours. Will I finally pick that Dark Souls character back up? Can I keep the Dota to a minimum? Will the piggies make an appearance? Find out!

Finally, SUNDAY at 9AM PACIFIC, just as I'm about to collapse, Drew and dead-to-us former colleague Alexis Gallisa will roll into the office and probably play a scary amount of Halo (and maybe some other games?) to see us through until the stream finally concludes on Monday morning. That's assuming Drew makes it back alive from Vietnam or wherever he is at this point. We haven't heard from that guy in like two weeks.

at some point between dan needing to drop out and no jeff/vinny I realized I'm looking forward to the danny gamespot stream more than the giant bomb stuff (except patrick/dave lang) and that weirds me out.

I predict there will be fighting games.

well at least it'll be easy to see which parts to skip

Zaph

Weekend is the main streams as that is Extra Life proper.

Big sites are all in an arms race to stream multiple days and (hopefully) raise more money. I blame GS for promising 100 hours.

Think you might be right there.

Ian might be in the control room? Didn't say anything about Jeff, we'll see when the article is up. Unless he has some personal stuff going on I expect him to at least come on as a guest. Dan was supposed to be with Jason on Saturday but now he has to host by himself!

I completely forgot about that, Jason solo makes more sense now. God damn American rounders.

Will probably try to catch the Drew/Alexis stream (I think Ian is in the control room for that?) and keep an eye on the thread for anything good on the Jason stream.

Patryn

You know, between someone else pointing out that Jeff isn't in any currently running premium series and not being part of Extra Life, part of me is wondering if he's starting to step back from the site for whatever reasons.

Then again, I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons for him not being part of EL.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
No Jeff (assumed) or Dan is a bit of a bummer, but it can still be entertaining -.
none of us will be up for the full 96 hours anyways

Also, it's for the kids - enjoy and donate!

Bacon

No jeff/vinny is a massive letdown. Most excited for the Chicago stream, which I never would have imagined myself saying.

hehe since there is nothing up coming this is there

You Can't Go (PlayStation) Home Again
LIVE SHOW ON MAR 31, 2015 12:00 PM

Cant wait for this.

Myggen

You know, between someone else pointing out that Jeff isn't in any currently running premium series and not being part of Extra Life, part of me is wondering if he's starting to step back from the site for whatever reasons.

Then again, I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons for him not being part of EL.

Jeff has never really been a part of a premium series that I can remember, so not like that's new. Also, Jeff might still guest or he might be away on personal business connected to recent events.

Zaph

Just checked out Danny's trailer. GameSpot US is doing Wednesday noon 24hrs and Saturday noon 24hrs. Assuming Danny's on both (that would be hardcore) it looks like there's a slight clash with Patrick's stream, an almost complete clash with Brad stream and a slight overlap with Drew/Alexis (maybe we'll get some Danny crossover there?).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

He's had a lot of personal stuff to deal with recently with his dad. It wouldn't surprised me if he wanted to step back for awhile.

Patryn

Jeff has never really been a part of a premium series that I can remember, so not like that's new. Also, Jeff might still guest or he might be away on personal business connected to recent events.

He's had a lot of personal stuff to deal with recently with his dad. It wouldn't surprised me if he wanted to step back for awhile.

Oh, yeah. There are definitely a lot of totally justifiable reasons for his absence.

It's also entirely possible that people have it right and he'll show up for portions of the stream, but they didn't want to advertise him as being part because he wasn't going to be pulling the full 24 hour shifts.

shwimpy

Jason Oestreicher ‏@unastrike 4 minutes ago
Just recorded a QL for Legend of Korra. Scrubbing through the footage, and man, it's pretty good looking in parts. Solid animation too.

Jason Oestreicher ‏@unastrike 4 minutes ago
Shame about the rest of the game though.
Legend of Korra QL incoming.

It's a shame Halo: MCC won't be out in time for Extra Life. That'd keep Alexis and Drew entertained for the whole 24 hours most likely.

Seeing as they already did 1, 2. and 3 a few years back, playing MCC would be retreading old ground. I was thinking they can now do ODST, Reach, and 4.this time.

Seeing as they already did 1, 2. and 3 a few years back, playing MCC would be retreading old ground. I was thinking they can now do ODST, Reach, and 4.this time.

That's true. I was more thinking they'd do TNT style and have a ton of multiplayer content they could do. I'm definitely down for ODST, Reach and 4 though.

Squishy3

What a shame to hear this about the game. I was really looking forward to a Korra/Last Airbender universe videogame.
The core gameplay is good. It's about what you'd expect from a Activision published $15 licensed downloadable game made by Platinum. At least Platinum isn't owned by Activision so they aren't going to be eventually forced into porting Call of Duty to last generation systems, like High Moon is.

Jeff could Skype in and narrate the entirety of one of the Halo novels as they play. That would be a fantastic use of both his time and energy.

Myggen

God damnit I can't get the Wi-Fi internet to work in the hotel I'm staying until Thursday. So with just a mobile phone as the only way to post on gaf until then I can't make the OT for GB Extra Life. Anyone else wanna do it? My thread would probably be 3-4 hours late.

greg r's constant crazy high donations matched with escalating demands made the half life stream great and he needs to do exactly the same thing with dave lang

Top Bottom