• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

daydream

Banned
OMG the end of the Korra QL is flipping amazing. <3 Jason

Intentional realism?

I find that he tend to do that, like when brad was screaming about what is reality during evil within and he just calmly says that they're doing a quick look.

Yeah, the first instance I remember was when Jeff said Mario Party was like if someone took a dump into the N64 and Dan just remarked "it wouldn't play the game".

There was also another line he dropped recently that was a prime example of this but it eludes me at the moment.

Bacon

Yeah, the first instance I remember was when Jeff said Mario Party was like if someone took a dump into the N64 and Dan just remarked "it wouldn't play the game".

There was also another line he dropped recently that was a prime example of this but it eludes me at the moment.

He did one of these in the Fantasia quicklook. I can't remember when though. I think it might have been when Jeff said that he could wiggle his fingers to make the game load faster.

People still grouchy cuz bread gave DmC 5 stars.

I haven't played DmC yet, but Brad's 4 star score for Enslaved turned me onto that game and changed my expectations for a Ninja Theory game.

they probably should've just not called it DmC and given it another name to avoid the outcry from DMC fans. It's a damn shame that what appears to have been an excellent game got shat on for not being something else.

Bacon

People are comparing his jab at cartoons being for children (I mean, he's pretty much admitted to wrestling being super childish) to telling racist/homophobic/sexist jokes.

It's getting pretty weird.

There are a lot of victims in that comment section. Daily life must be hard for some of them.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Drew will probably come back, look at the site and be like "Who let you out of the video room?! BACK IN THERE AND STAY THERE!" and we will never see or hear from Jason ever again.

I think my favorite part about liking(?) anime is the sense of self-loathing that it cultivates in myself.

animeGAF tells me I'm not alone.

Dan can make fun of it all he wants.

popo

hmm, I wonder if Jeff is going to a review event. It is the season and COD event must be up soon.

If he had plans for the weekend and was out on holiday Thursday-Friday, you would think he would just say so. Maybe he isn't allowed to even say where he is going #followthemoney.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, it's just sub-culture war that most people probably take part in.

I'll make fun of wrestling.

Then someone will make fun of cricket.

Then I'll make fun of american handegg.

It's a vicious cycle.

Myggen

Pro Evolution Soccer (or International Super Star Soccer as I still call it) made that term much more acceptable.

Seeing as comment sections are always a good measure of people's reasonable opinion, I can say with certainty that "soccer" is a term always followed up with a response involving the word "handegg".

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Seeing as comment sections are always a good measure of people's reasonable opinion, I can say with certainty that "soccer" is a term always followed up with a response involving the word "handegg".

Well, you gotta admit handegg sounds like a much more interesting sport then "american football".
If 90% of the TV shows I used to watch as a kid are any indicator, every american has to guard an egg for a week or so and pretend it's a baby, then a bully breaks it or other hilarities ensue. That would be some pretty awesome extreme sport.

popo

Soccer isn't that bad, especially if you are talking to americans.

Who named American Football anyway? Seems like you spend very little time kicking it.

Myggen

Soccer isn't that bad, especially if you are talking to americans.

Who named American Football anyway? Seems like you spend very little time kicking it.

Isn't the reason why it's called "football" because it traces its origins to rugby, where you use your feet a lot but the rules changed so much over time? That's the explanation I remember reading.

A shame that folks took his comments far too seriously because they had me cracking up at the beginning of the quick look.

Also I just finished getting up to date on all things Korra and aside from the largely erratic quality to the second season it's still one of the more interesting shows that dares to look at socio-political commentary and examine the conflict of spiritualism and secularism within society.

I'm a big fan of The Last Airbender, but the first season of Korra never grabbed me. Might have to go back, but I hear that the second season is considered worse than the first?

Renpatsu

A shame that folks took his comments far too seriously because they had me cracking up at the beginning of the quick look.

Also I just finished getting up to date on all things Korra and aside from the largely erratic quality to the second season it's still one of the more interesting shows that dares to look at socio-political commentary and examine the conflict of spiritualism and secularism within society.

I'm a big fan of The Last Airbender, but the first season of Korra never grabbed me. Might have to go back, but I hear that the second season is considered worse than the first?
It's just noticeably incoherent towards the latter half of that season as they attempt to juggle all the various plot lines and characters towards the finale. However some aspects of the season really rose above, for example when they utilise aesthetics from ancient ink wash paintings and woodblock prints of East Asia to introduce the origins of first Avatar.

The second season also invokes Spirited Away and Japanese Kaiju films so there's that.

Third season is a return to form by being a much more focused narrative overall.

Quentyn

hmm, I wonder if Jeff is going to a review event. It is the season and COD event must be up soon.

If he had plans for the weekend and was out on holiday Thursday-Friday, you would think he would just say so. Maybe he isn't allowed to even say where he is going #followthemoney.

Yup, that's what I am thinking. Pretty sure the review event for Advanced Warfare started yesterday.

Top Bottom