• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Myggen

Oof those comments.

What I don't get with a comment like that is that you criticise someone for shitting on something you like (it was obvious that he was just kidding around with Jason there, but whatever), and then you go right ahead and shit on wrestling, which you've probably talked bad about a number of times before. Like, do people not even see the irony there? I'm not saying that wrestling is not dumb here, but still, those kind of comments just makes me shake my head.

edit: And I'm out for the day, need to get some work done since I'm taking the day off on Sunday. The Extra Life OT will be up about 4 hours before GB Chicago's stream begins, give or take.

What I don't get with a comment like that is that you criticise someone for shitting on something you like (it was obvious that he was just kidding around with Jason there, but whatever), and then you go right ahead and shit on wrestling, which you've probably talked bad about a number of times before. Like, do people not even see the irony there? I'm not saying that wrestling is not dumb here, but still, those kind of comments just makes me shake my head.

I think it's just their way of snapping back at the person for attacking what they like. The counter to a jab, so to speak. No it doesn't make it any less dumb, but it makes them feel like they got a hand up in the argument in their head.

Manbig

Oof those comments.

People sure are getting up in a tizzy about this game. I enjoyed it, it's a good romp of fun for $15, but it's not going to be game of the year or anything for me.

I don't think that particular comment has anything to do with the game itself. Just Dan's old schtick getting to a few people again. I don't care much for it myself, but man do people love to take that obvious bait.

popo

Wait so Jeff is getting married at the same hotel as the COD review event? Are Activision paying for it? Sounds like corruption. #GG

bobawesome

"Is it anime?"

Sigh...c'mon, Dan.
zWVbK.gif

It's a shame the Korra game is so bad. Visually it looks nice and accurate to the show.

It's really not though? I'm having a boatload of fun with it. It's a budget game, but it's got a good P* feel.

Edit: Did they ever do the lockon mechanic? I feel like that would have helped in a few of those situations where he was getting frustrated.

Zaph

It's a shame the Korra game so bad. Visually it looks nice and accurate to the show.

Not gonna lie, kinda smiling at the idea of Platinum taking Activision's money and running just as Bobby looks at the metacritic and angrily picks up the phone to call them, only for Kamiya to answer and scream BLOCKED.

FluxWaveZ

Oof those comments.

You know, I might be too sensitive (actually, I know I'm sensitive), but I don't really see the comedy in constantly mocking an entertainment medium and/or those who enjoy it. Even if it's just an act, it's like hammering on the same tired meme again and again. I guess what might make it funny are the overreactions of those who respond to the slights.

Comedy is built on the mockery of others and the things they do.

Then I suppose I wish Dan was more clever about it.

CrazyDude

You know, I might be too sensitive (actually, I know I'm sensitive), but I don't really see the comedy in constantly mocking an entertainment medium and/or those who enjoy it. Even if it's just an act, it's like hammering on the same tired meme again and again. I guess what might make it funny are the overreactions of those who respond to the slights.

Comedy is built on the mockery of others and the things they do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I may give Jason's stream a chance, but the GB shown cast so far has me very uninterested. Will likely just watch the Gamespot stream instead since Danny will be around.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I may give Jason's stream a chance, but the GB shown cast so far has me very uninterested. Will likely just watch the Gamespot stream instead since Danny will be around.

Indeed. Where's Jeff, Dan, and Vinny?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Revelation: I don't think Dave Lang is that funny. He seems like an ok guy though, but it reminds me of that bit where Jeff gets mad about people thinking bacon by itself is funny and how and annoying that is.

Dave Lang is the bacon of Giant Bomb.

I watched the QL just now, and thought it was great. Jason going in-depth on something (with justified criticisms), and Dan stopping the QL coming over as a dry infomercial with some colour commentary.

....I then check here, and the GB comments section, and apparently people are annoyed. FFS, this is probably the best QL GB could have produced for that. Two fans of the genre, and one fan on the series.are involved. It is rare for GB to get that close to having a full understanding of a game/franchise they cover.

People must live very sheltered lives if playful jabs at their hobbies truly hurt then that much. That is all they are, jokes to spice up content on the website. He is not going out of his way to insult anyone, Getting annoyed about this, is like getting annoyed because Jeff hates Yoshi - and I am sure no one would legitimately annoyed with that, right? Right? Please....

People must live very sheltered lives if playful jabs at their hobbies truly hurt then that much. That is all they are, jokes to spice up content on the website. He is not going out of his way to insult anyone, Getting annoyed about this, is like getting annoyed because Jeff hates Yoshi - and I am sure no one would legitimately annoyed with that, right? Right? Please....

Whatever you do, don't read the comments under any of the "Jeff hates Yoshi" videos on Youtube.

Top Bottom