• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Randdalf

Soccer isn't that bad, especially if you are talking to americans.

Who named American Football anyway? Seems like you spend very little time kicking it.

I think it goes vaguely something like this: some time in the 1800s there was an attempt to formalise the rules of football, which was ill-defined and varied widely by region, and this resulted in a schism between people who wanted to be able to carry the ball and those who didn't. The former group of people created the sport known as rugby football and the latter the sport named association football (since those who did not want players carrying the ball formed the Football Association). American football is the Americanisation of rugby football.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think it goes vaguely something like this: some time in the 1800s there was an attempt to formalise the rules of football, which was ill-defined and varied widely by region, and this resulted in a schism between people who wanted to be able to carry the ball and those who didn't. The former group of people created the sport known as rugby football and the latter the sport named association football (since those who did not want players carrying the ball formed the Football Association). American football is the Americanisation of rugby football.

Then australians decided to merge the two together.

$27,270
RAISED

duane-o.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
DmC was dumb as shit, but that's kind of why I liked it.
Wasn't the plot that he has to make that thing angry? I remember thinking that people took that scene out of context, because he's not like that for the rest of the game.

But man, anime, Platinum Games and DmC in one Quick Look? What could go wrong?

no, I vaguely remember that type of attitude being pretty much par for the course for that game. but again, I actually kind of enjoyed that.

Megasoum

Banned
Jeff just confirmed on tumblr that he out of town for the whole week-end so he won't even guest on the Extra Life streams...

So no Jeff, Dan or Vinny... Welp, that sucks.

ArjanN

isn't it just an amerime, though?

I believe the term is wanime. /adjusts glasses.

Seriously though, it's an American show, but it's clearly 99% styled after typical anime shounen series, and I think they have a bunch of people who worked on anime in the past.

OMG at jason deleting everything at the end.

Can't lie, I laughed.

Especially given that the combat really comes into it's own once you have everything unlocked.

I do think he was way too down on it.

Myggen

So I shouldn't expect an Evil Within review? Kinda wanted to know if that game makes up for it's terrible intro.

Nah, Patrick was pretty clear from the start that he's not reviewing it, and no one else are either.

Also, bummer about Jeff not being on any of the stream, but oh well.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
looking at the comment section of the Korra QL, people sure do get upset over some dumb shit these days.

Aaron

Oddly enough, I did exactly what Jason did with the original Bayonetta after beating it on hard, the one harder than that, and unlocking Jeanne. Didn't mind beating it again though.

Fevaweva

Man Jeff goes IIIIIIINNNNNNNNN on Fantasia. I am glad the people at Harmonix are such professionals and can still be friends with him despite his criticism.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
from the Korra QL comments section:

My feelings are that of when a group of people around me decide to tell a racist, gay or sexist joke - depressed and uncomfortable on the matter.

ibnBkg6EI4PSEV.gif

I can handle a Drewbert, Jason, Rorie, and Danny stream, with a guest appearance or two from Mary, Alexis and random GS scrubs.
Aren't GS doing their own streams though? Though I guess people can show up on days they're not streaming themselves. Still, with Jeff and Dan out of town I kinda wish they'd pool their resources for fewer but more "packed" streams.

Oof those comments.

Hey guys, isn't Dan's whole "Cartoon are for kids and I'm an adult" shtick Hi-La-Rious? Almost as funny as his constant wrestling references!

People sure are getting up in a tizzy about this game. I enjoyed it, it's a good romp of fun for $15, but it's not going to be game of the year or anything for me.

Fireblend

Banned
Man, poor Jason. I could feel how his soul drained from his body as he realized what had happened. That sucks
KuGsj.gif

Still not sure how to feel about Korra. I bought it for my gf since she's a huge fan of the show though (I am too, but I can wait for a sale), so I'll probably give it a shot eventually.

Top Bottom