• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Xater

I watched the QL just now, and thought it was great. Jason going in-depth on something (with justified criticisms), and Dan stopping the QL coming over as a dry infomercial with some colour commentary.

....I then check here, and the GB comments section, and apparently people are annoyed. FFS, this is probably the best QL GB could have produced for that. Two fans of the genre, and one fan on the series.are involved. It is rare for GB to get that close to having a full understanding of a game/franchise they cover.

People must live very sheltered lives if playful jabs at their hobbies truly hurt then that much. That is all they are, jokes to spice up content on the website. He is not going out of his way to insult anyone, Getting annoyed about this, is like getting annoyed because Jeff hates Yoshi - and I am sure no one would legitimately annoyed with that, right? Right? Please....

nah people flip out over all kinds of bullshit on the internet.

Megasoum

Banned
Ok, Dan thinks Conviction is the best Splinter Cell. He's a monster.

It was a great Bourne/24 game but not a great SC game.

At worst I put it equal to Chaos Theory and in some aspect it's actually better so no it's not crazy to say that Blacklist is a great SC game. Blacklist is amazing.

so1337

After seeing the Fantasia quick look I fear that Harmonix is not long for this world.
Fantasia of all things gave you that impression? Not the shitty looking shmup that has nothing to do with music or the cancelled first person shooter that had nothing to do with music or the new Dance Central that noone knows or talks about?

But, yeah, I'm worried too. I want my new Rock Band. T_T

Megasoum

Banned
I realized this morning that the main gameplay mechanic in Fantasia is basically the menu navigation from Dance Central... They made a game out of a previous game's main menu.

Bacon

Is Blacklist actually a good game? I was under the impression that it wasn't so great. I might be thinking of the most recent ghost recon game though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
As it turns out, people still can't deal with it when others don't like stuff they like.
I'm a huge football fan and Jeff/Vinny's FIFA/Pro Evo QLs are among my favourites. And Jeff's hate for football is probably even stronger then Dan's dislike for Anime.

Is Blacklist actually a good game? I was under the impression that it wasn't so great. I might be thinking of the most recent ghost recon game though.

It's pretty good, not the best in the series, but better then Conviction and Double Agent. Waaaaaaaay too easy though, even my "No kill run" never really challenged me

Megasoum

Banned
Is Blacklist actually a good game? I was under the impression that it wasn't so great. I might be thinking of the newest ghost recon game though.

If you liked Chaos Theory then yes Blacklist is great. It's the perfect mix between Chaos Theory and Conviction. The best of both world.

Blacklist takes the few good elements of Conviction and incorporates them into an actual Splinter Cell game. Plus that brought back the kickass multiplayer.

Blacklist went largely overlooked, but it's really a fantastic game. It takes the best aspects of Chaos Theory while retaining the ease of play of Conviction.

Wunder

guys i have something to admit

i get really confused when people say bread and i spent like 2 minutes parsing the sentence thinking about bread before i realize it's brad. please just said brad

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
i get really confused when people say bread and i spent like 2 minutes parsing the sentence thinking about bread before i realize it's brad. please just said brad

As a general advice:
If people talk about that and say stuff like "I ate some Brad yesterday" or "I like it with butter and honey" they probably talk about bread
If they say something like "Dota and Destiny" they probably talk about Brad

I didn't know this thread got moved to community. Looks like I'll need to add yet another subscription. Man, it's a shame Korra looks so bad. Poor, poor Jason...

santeesioux

How is the Wii U version of Blacklist? I just noticed it's really cheap for that system, and as everyone that has a Wii U knows, there aren't a lot of games to play.

Wunder

As a general advice:
If people talk about that and say stuff like "I ate some Brad yesterday" or "I like it with butter and honey" they probably talk about bread
If they say something like "Dota and Destiny" they probably talk about Brad

hmm good rule of thumb, thanks for this prolifehackertip!

Xater

How is the Wii U version of Blacklist? I just noticed it's really cheap for that system, and as everyone that has a Wii U knows, there aren't a lot of games to play.

Worst version of the game as far as I remember. Worse textures, framerate the whole shebang.

santeesioux

Worst version of the game as far as I remember. Worse textures, framerate the whole shebang.

Hmm, if i didn't already have such a large Steam backlog, i'd wait for one of the upcoming Steam sales. Meh, it's 8 bucks, i'll bite the bullet and deal with the Wii U version just to have a game to play on it.

Blacklist is great. it's the most Splinter Cell-y Splinter Cell since the PS2 era.

The best thing I can say about Conviction is that it's not Double Agent. Double Agent is dooooogggggshiiiiittttttt

edit, by which I mean the 360 game, not the ps2 one, which by all accounts is a decent game.

Blacklist is great. it's the most Splinter Cell-y Splinter Cell since the PS2 era.

The best thing I can say about Conviction is that it's not Double Agent. Double Agent is dooooogggggshiiiiittttttt

If you're reference to older Splinter Cell games was the PS2 games then you're already coming to it all wrong.

The Korra game fucking sucks, but Jason isn't playing it effectively. He's not using the charge attacks at all, and those give you an attack and speed buff that lasts until the chi bar empties. It makes those robot and bender fights much easier.

To reiterate, the game still blows.

Liamc723

Fellow Duders, after months of trying, I have finally got a job!

Now I can enjoy the Extra Life coverage even more, without all that stress.

Ok, Dan thinks Conviction is the best Splinter Cell. He's a monster.

It was a great Bourne/24 game but not a great SC game.

ding ding ding ding?

we all know how Dan likes 24 (dude thought that's how Cops rolled lol) so him picking Conviction does seem as much of a stretch anymore. Also didn't it get rid of the failure state stuff (ie "we are pulling out out Fisher", retstart) entirely that plagued the other games

tumblr_n71inps5YM1qa7udko1_400.gif

when i started my new work it added tons of new stress and even less free time :)

but congratulations anyhow!

at least you know your work is going to something and you're getting paid for it unlike looking

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
In conviction, I thought the way they tried to turn grimsdottir into a facsimile of pamela landy was obvious to the point of silliness. Some of the writing and dialogue just sounded lifted straight from the bourne films. They dialed it back a bit in blacklist at least. Gameplay wise I remember conviction being too easy and just kinda dull from start to finish. I ended up rushing through the last quarter of the game by spamming grenades and sprinting past people when I could. Blacklist was much more reminiscent of chaos theory, and more fun to play overall. Having a not-drunk sam fisher was a plus too. Glad they tossed ironside aside, even though he was great for the first three games.

I love Michael Ironside but at a certain point it stopped making sense for him to voice a character like Fisher. Ironside sounds like a sleepy, slightly angry guy now, and that's fine, but not when you're doing actiony things.

Top Bottom