• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

The more I learn about Dan, the more I tell myself that he is a real-life version of Homer Simpson. The incredibly average guy who keeps finding himself in incredible situations.

This was my exact reaction to all of these pictures.

I keep expecting Dan to make off hand mentions about the time he went into space or how he became best friends with Gerald Ford.

Kirlia

Banned
Who's the chimp?

I feel like I'm missing something here.

The best part is that he tweeted that picture with no description whatsoever.

I keep expecting Dan to make off hand mentions about the time he went into space or how he became best friends with Gerald Ford.

Dan really IS like a reverse Drew. Drew does awesome things, but awesome things happen to Dan.

It really is crazy. Ever since he's been on the bombcast, he has told story after story after story that just made me go "who the hell is this guy ?!" because that side of him kept contradicting the super-average almost-dumb guy persona of his that he has forged and shared with the world for years through Replay videos at GameInformer.

Dan Ryckert is literally awe-some.

Dan really IS like a reverse Drew. Drew does awesome things, but awesome things happen to Dan.

Dan is the Homer Simpson to Drew's Frank Grimes.

Everything makes sense now.

It really is crazy. Ever since he's been on the bombcast, he has told story after story after story that just made me go "who the hell is this guy ?!" because that side of him kept contradicting the super-average almost-dumb guy persona of his that he has forged and shared with the world for years through Replay videos at GameInformer.

Dan Ryckert is literally awe-some.

Dan is the Homer Simpson to Brad's Frank Grimes.

Everything makes sense now.

I think this makes more sense.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Love Patricks article about The Evil Within's aspect ratio and artistic intent!

Love Patricks article about The Evil Within's aspect ratio and artistic intent!

I don't know, it's not really interesting from an editorial standpoint. Patrick doesn't express any particular stance on the matter, and doesn't delve into any facet other than the aspect ratio. I'm not saying he has to be militantly for or against framerate/aspect ratio limiting, but what was the point of the article other than to (literally) say "We'll never know" regarding the very question he proposes?

Not a big deal regardless, though.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know, it's not really interesting from an editorial standpoint. Patrick doesn't express any particular stance on the matter, and doesn't delve into any facet other than the aspect ratio. I'm not saying he has to be militantly for or against framerate/aspect ratio limiting, but what was the point of the article other than to (literally) say "We'll never know" regarding the very question he proposes?

Not a big deal regardless, though.
IDK, its just interesting. Its obviously a technical limitation. But it does define the experience. For better or worse it is a part of the game's shape.

I mean, to make the most obvious comparison.. Jaws not really having screentime was a technical limitation. Not that they're really comparably its just food for thought.

IDK, its just interesting. Its obviously a technical limitation. But it does define the experience. For better or worse it is a part of the game's shape.

I mean, to make the most obvious comparison.. Jaws not really having screentime was a technical limitation. Not that they're really comparably its just food for thought.

I totally agree, it's an interesting topic. I just don't think Patrick had anything worthwhile to add to that discussion other than to just bring it up.

daydream

Banned

Patrick has literally nothing to say about it. As it stands, it's basically an article reporting that TEW has black bars and the obvious effects it has in-game. He probably should have waited for The Order for more material. (Also, he needs to drop "artist's intent" like a bad habit. Think for yourself, Scoops!)

2694730-ddoxm39.jpg
2694730-ddoxm39.jpg

2694730-ddoxm39.jpg
2694730-ddoxm39.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Patrick has literally nothing to say about it. As it stands, it's basically an article reporting that TEW has black bars and the obvious effects it has in-game. He probably should have waited for The Order for more material. (Also, he needs to drop "artist's intent" like a bad habit. Think for yourself, Scoops!)

Well, the title of the article is a question. I dunno. You're right, theres not much substance to the piece other than just kinda bringing it up. He mentions he's less than half way through the game which I thought was an obvious hint that he'd have more to say about it.. and that this was kinda just a quick update since theres no coverage of the game from them. IDK, my original post was a bit overly positive, but I didn't want to just post "I read that article."

just started watching again and it's mary/danny/someone else playing nidhogg and doing slam poetry so the stream's finally everything it should have always been

GameSpot sure does a terrible job promoting their live shows on the site. Looking at it you'd think there was nothing on currently. Bare minimum there should be an embed on the home page.

AcridMeat

Banned
I tuned into the stream thinking Danny and Drew were there.

There's neither and Mary is the only one talking. Others don't even want to talk. Good dynamic for a livestream!

Manbig

I know this is unrelated to everything that's going on in here at the moment, but thanks to the video game, I was inspired to catch up on Legend of Korra. Just binge watched through all of season 3 and HOLY SHIT IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME THAT THIS SHOW GOT AS AWESOME AS THE FIRST SHOW!

Carry on...

Top Bottom