• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

robotrock

Banned
I know this is unrelated to everything that's going on in here at the moment, but thanks to the video game, I was inspired to catch up on Legend of Korra. Just binge watched through all of season 3 and HOLY SHIT IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME THAT THIS SHOW GOT AS AWESOME AS THE FIRST SHOW!

Carry on...

Yeah I gotta catch up. I watched S1 and then halfway through S2 I dropped out. I found it awful. Everyone tells me S3 and S4 are awesome though so I'm planning to power through S2, S3, S4 when I get the chance.

Manbig

Yeah I gotta catch up. I watched S1 and then halfway through S2 I dropped out. I found it awful. Everyone tells me S3 and S4 are awesome though so I'm planning to power through S2, S3, S4 when I get the chance.

It really is great. My main beef with Season 2 was the useless side story that was going down in Republic City seemingly only to give the side characters something to do for the season and I didn't find the villain very interesting at all.

Without spoiling anything, I can say that season 3 takes place mostly outside of Republic City, Asami plays a much more useful role rather than made to look like an idiot constantly, Henry Rollins voices one of the characters, almost all of the new characters that are introduced are pretty great, the villains are much more interesting, and we get some great character development for Lin, the show's best character, in my opinion of course.

Hope that's enough to inspire you, or anyone else that gave up after season 2, to give the show another chance.

It really is great. My main beef with Season 2 was the useless side story that was going down in Republic City seemingly only to give the side characters something to do for the season and I didn't find the villain very interesting at all.

Without spoiling anything, I can say that season 3 takes place mostly outside of Republic City, Asami plays a much more useful role rather than made to look like an idiot constantly, Henry Rollins voices one of the characters, almost all of the new characters that are introduced are pretty great, the villains are much more interesting, and we get some great character development for Lin, the show's best character, in my opinion of course.

Hope that's enough to inspire you, or anyone else that gave up after season 2, to give the show another chance.

Also season 3 throws dark.

Myggen

Why is face Drew's mic so loud...

Also Mary is a G.

"Face Drew" is a pretty good name for fake Drew.

Also, I think I need to give Korra another chance. I gave up on the show after season 1 for some reason, but enough people seem to have a good opinion of it that I will carry on. Since I'm watching The Knick right now it will probably be a nice distraction from that dark shit too.

Manbig

"Face Drew" is a pretty good name for fake Drew.

Also, I think I need to give Korra another chance. I gave up on the show after season 1 for some reason, but enough people seem to have a good opinion of it that I will carry on. Since I'm watching The Knick right now it will probably be a nice distraction from that dark shit too.

As we just talked about, season 3 does get quite dark. Also, season 2 is kind of a mess. I almost want to talk you into skipping it, but it has a few events that are important in setting up the situation in season 3.

Renpatsu

I think it goes without saying that if you value fight choreography at all Legend of Korra is worth watching for that alone as it consistently steps that up a notch with every successive season.

Myggen

As we just talked about, season 3 does get quite dark. Also, season 2 is kind of a mess. I almost want to talk you into skipping it, but it has a few events that are important in setting up the situation in season 3.

Yeah, the consensus on season 2 not being very good is what kept me from watching past season 2. But I'll give it a shot.

Ostinatto

Wow Dan's Goty is Shadow of mordor!!

staredog.001.gif

My reply to a post on Giant Bomb about Senran Kagura fanservice...

The only thing I'm a FAN of is...

HELPING SICK FUCKING KIDS

Wait, no. Hold on...

!!! !! ! THE EXTRA THE LIFE THE 2014 ! !! !!!

"Our" Shit
We will have free games to give away to people!

I did hear about this rinky dink website called Giant Bomb dot com (?) who are gonna have some people streaming for, like, 96 hours or something? Might be cool, I guess. I dunno.

No one is more authentic than Dan Ryckert.

Jintor

I know rhapsody is not exactly a common everyday term, but i actually physically shuddered a little when Dan was like 'did queen invent the word rhapsody?'

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really looking forward to Extra Life: GB Chicago, i wonder what Patrick has cooked up.

Mary's subway story has confirmed she needs to be on an episode of the bombcast soon.

Fake Drew is annoying as hell, I'm going to bed.

Is there a video bookmark of that story? Because i really don't want to search the whole stream for that.

Top Bottom