• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

the biggest change seems to be that the game is more dense with people and vehicles. Otherwise, it's identical to the PC version of sleepy dawgs we got like 2 years ago.

fine by me. I didn't own a single piece of DLC so now I have it all plus whatever other minor upgrades they may have thrown in.

AcridMeat

Banned
Where's Dave Lang? I just put on the stream. D:
Is there a video bookmark of that story? Because i really don't want to search the whole stream for that.
Late to this but I don't have a time stamp, it was just about her job at subway and how she was fired for calling the manager a bitch. It just confirmed to me that she is in fact entertaining and would be a great guest.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, I think that they're developers of narrative focused games so they have a pretty narrow focus, and hearing their detailed criticism is interesting, but it just occurred to me that the only game I remember them talking about and liking it is desert golfing, though it's probably because the most recent one.

Danielle seems to be the only one who still enjoys gaming.

Nah, I think that they're developers of narrative focused games so they have a pretty narrow focus, and hearing their detailed criticism is interesting, but it just occurred to me that the only game I remember them talking about and liking it is desert golfing, though it's probably because the most recent one.

I was just messin' around. Someone called them hipsters in an email recently and it was kinda funny.

But really, love to hear their take on games. I don't agree with them as often as i like (they're dismissive attitude towards Mordor wasn't really well defended on their end) but i appreciate it when they give their often well thought out opinions on why something works/doesnt work.

Wunder

far cry too

daydream

Banned
Speaking of the Thumbs, how's the Twin Peaks rewatch podcast been so far? I could probably listen to it without refreshing my memory on the episodes but I figure I'd get the most out of it if I did. Haven't had the time for that, yet, though.

Aaron

Speaking of the Thumbs, how's the Twin Peaks rewatch podcast been so far? I could probably listen to it without refreshing my memory on the episodes but I figure I'd get the most out of it if I did. Haven't had the time for that, yet, though.
The first episode touched on the things you'd remember anyway. Maybe they'll get more in depth later, but I didn't feel the need to rewatch.

I've been with Idle Thumbs since the beginning (of the podcast anyway) but over the last year or so it's occurred to me that they should probably just drop the pretense of being a podcast about video games and just talk about whatever. They tend to try to force themselves to play games to be able to talk about them and then end up not having fun with said games. Except maybe Danielle.

They're interesting/funny enough to carry other topics.

Sorry Drew, but Dan and Jeff should be the permanent Demo Derby crew. Incredible.

Holy christ this makes up for the Extra Life Extra Disappointment. Not giving them shit personally, but I'd be lying if I was bummed about all of that. I know they got lives to lead.

Kirlia

Banned
Why not just make it a UPF for like a month? In the vein of FMVinny? I mean I guess they gotta spread that shit like a fine jar of aoli perhaps.

Three's a bit of a crowd for some reason :/

Nah, spread out the demo discs.

I hope Dan at least keeps Drew for the Playstation ones. He could keep Jeff on for the Xbox ones. And maybe try both of them for other demos? I'd love to see some Dreamcast demos in the future.

Demo Derby: Version Jeff and Version Drew. Gotta Watch Em All.

Because why would you do a QL of a game that is exactly the same on PC as it was 2 years ago. I imagine people want to see how the PS4 version looks.

It would look like the PC version with a lower framerate, it's easier to see the difference to the 2 PC version than the old console version and the new console version because of how similar the 2 PC versions are, the upgrades stand out.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think Vinny is mixing up the year of the snake with the tournament dlc.

Did they not include the tournament dlc with the DE edition? That's kinda shitty.

JayEH

It would look like the PC version with a lower framerate, it's easier to see the difference to the 2 PC version than the old console version and the new console version because of how similar the 2 PC versions are, the upgrades stand out.

Wasn't aware that they made upgrades to the PC version. Makes a bit more sense now.

I think Vinny is mixing up the year of the snake with the tournament dlc.

Did they not include the tournament dlc with the DE edition? That's kinda shitty.

The tournament isn't a separate menu option, it's an in-world mission. They probably just overlooked it.

To be honest, most of the DLC was bad. The only worthwhile one was the Monkey King pack.
ss_a3fc32ce9885a3a45a4e93b3b9352bdc9233251a.600x338.jpg

Top Bottom