• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Bacon

7 games? Fuck. You yanks really do like to milk it don't you.

It isn't like he would be able to get tickets to see it live anyway.

Apparently his uncle can sneak family in to see games in KC. Or at least he could until Dan told the internet and likely got him fired. :D

There are a lot of reasons for baseball's dying popularity in the states but I don't think this is one of them. 7 games actually makes sense for baseball.

popo

No really. It is genius. Is it a modern thing or has it always been best of 7?

I just imagine a league meeting and some little accountant guy standing up and giving a presentation to team owners.

"Gentlemen. You know how we can charge a fortune for TV rights and tickets to see the final? How they sell out in minutes no matter what silly price we charge?"

*pauses for dramatic effect*

"What if there were seven finals?"

*stunned silence*

*standing ovation*

Zaph

I just imagine a league meeting and some little accountant guy standing up and giving a presentation to team owners.

"Gentlemen. You know how we can charge a fortune for TV rights and tickets to see the final? How they sell out in minutes no matter what silly price we charge?"

*stunned silence*

*standing ovation*

Hopefully nobody gives Blatter ideas.

Don't see what the big deal is with Dan not being there. If the head duder, Jeff, isn't going to be there, no reason anyone else HAS TO be there.

Chuck

Still without luck

*stunned silence*

*standing ovation*

The world series was 7 games long before television was invented.

pushBAK

Does anyone recall the bombcast ad for the domain name register, where you could register domains with .christmas ect? Which podcast was this on?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Does anyone recall the bombcast ad for the domain name register, where you could register domains with .christmas ect? Which podcast was this on?

Probably last week's podcast.

Also the place where you go for domain name registers is hover.com

Kirlia

Banned
I only just found the UPF featuring the Boohbah web site...and then I looked up the show on Youtube. I feel really, really fucked up in the head now.

I think Dan and Jeff bailing might have been a blessing in disguise.

This stream has been the thing Jason needed to really introduce himself to the GB community.

I think Dan and Jeff bailing might have been a blessing in disguise.

This stream has been the thing Jason needed to really introduce himself to the GB community.

for better or worse lol

And also, if Kansas win, the party atmosphere there will be a lot better than in SF.

You don't want to be there when the riots start (whether the Giants win or lose, actually).

also that

if they did win i would expect them to become WASTED

plus if Kanas loses he will be there to cheer up his dad (and maybe get wasted :p)

Scizzy

I continue to believe that Jeff is lying about this being personal time and maintain that he is actually on safari hunting wild Yoshis to satiate his blood lust. In fact, I demand he prove he is not feasting on their tiny bones as we speak.

Myggen

I continue to believe that Jeff is lying about this being personal time and maintain that he is actually on safari hunting wild Yoshis to satiate his blood lust. In fact, I demand he prove he is not feasting on their tiny bones as we speak.

Show me the birth certificate!

Top Bottom