• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Patryn

Smash & Mario Kart will not make it in the Top 10 games of the year list.

Mayo 2 won't make it in the Top 5 games of the year list .

Dan really liked both Mario Kart and Bayo 2.

I expect both to show up on his list. Depending on if Jason is involved or not, I can see Bayo being towards the bottom of the top 5.

Dan really liked both Mario Kart and Bayo 2.

I expect both to show up on his list. Depending on if Jason is involved or not, I can see Bayo being towards the bottom of the top 5.

Bayo 2 might be the game to make me lose the next bet but it will be interesting to see. Unless FC4 or Unity go over well with the crew i think Mordor will win GOTY.

But i don't know Frog Fractions 2 will probably release and we all lose!

Myggen

Bayo 2 might be the game to make me lose the next bet but it will be interesting to see. Unless FC4 or Unity go over well with the crew i think Mordor will win GOTY.

But i don't know Frog Fractions 2 will probably release and we all lose!

I still think Hatred is Frog Fraction 2.

Life Tips by Dan Ryckert
5Ei69Rt.png

I hope that Resident Evil 2 Reborn Alpha is in a playable state when it releases on the 31st. Tricky can mess around with it on spookin with scoops!

Myggen

Patrick confirmed on Twitter that the GB Chicago stream will be archived on the site. So it's pretty safe to say that all the streams will be archived. It might take a few days though.

kvk1

Patrick confirmed on Twitter that the GB Chicago stream will be archived on the site. So it's pretty safe to say that all the streams will be archived. It might take a few days though.

Nice. I pretty much missed all of them. Because I'm a terrible duder.

kvk1

You let the Zoo Fame go to your head.

I missed a lot of it, as well. Will watch the archives, though.

:D

I'm high on that zoo life.

It's gonna be nice to have all the streams available and watch them in small chunks as "background" noise.

Content for dayz.

Kimaka

I missed most of the streams. I'm going to have content for weeks.

Not feeling Sunset Overdrive at all. Between the autoaim and traversal, it seems to take Assassin's Creed's control aids to a whole new level. Maybe it's not as bad as it appeared but it seemed, based on the QL, like the player is just giving suggestions through the controller and the character is doing all kinds of crazy animations.

Patryn

I'm still curious if Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition is eligible for this year's GOTY. If it is, I think it'll be top 5 easy.

The tough part will be guessing individual people's GOTY. Well besides Brad (Destiny, duh) and Dan (Mordor, as he's said several times already).

I'm still curious if Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition is eligible for this year's GOTY. If it is, I think it'll be top 5 easy.

The tough part will be guessing individual people's GOTY. Well besides Brad (Destiny, duh) and Dan (Mordor, as he's said several times already).

I don't know you would probably need to put spelunky & TLOUR on the list then as well!

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls came out this year, so I bet they can nominate the console or PC version. I definitely think it'll grab one of the spots. It's a great game.

We only know how Brad feels so far, but I could see Sunset Overdrive being brought up in the discussions too. Dan seemed like he might get really into it as well.

I don't know you would probably need to put spelunky & TLOUR on the list then as well!

I think Diablo differs in that the expansion came out this year. This isin't the base game just re-released on consoles.

Patryn

Spelunky, maybe.

TLOUR got barely any mention. Honestly, I felt like it got GOTY last year by default. The crew never really seemed that into it. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they totally forgot it came out this year.

Myggen

Spelunky, maybe.

TLOUR got barely any mention. Honestly, I felt like it got GOTY last year by default. The crew never really seemed that into it. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they totally forgot it came out this year.

It's one of Dan's all time favourite games. Brad also loved it. I think both played the PS4 version, dunno about the others.

But yeah, that shouldn't really be mentioned in the GOTY discussions this year.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
HD Rereleases or late ports really have no business in a "Game of the Year" category except maybe a "HD Rerelease of the Year" category which actually makes sense saddly.
Or maybe after a really, really, really, really, really bad year for gaming.

Myggen

Good enough to stave off TLOU. Unless Nintendo isn't your thing.

Even without a Nintendo machine for most of the year I think this year has been alright so far. Not amazing, but very good.

Jazzpunk might still be my GOTY, but don't let that reflect badly on this year, I just really really liked that game.

edit: Also, GB has never considered HD versions of games or similar re-releases for GOTY, so that's not even a discussion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
South Park is the only game that left any kind of memorable 'I gotta play more of this' impression on me for this entire year. Mario Kart just felt like another Mario Kart to me, some people put a lot of value in that, but I really don't. I do want to play Bayonetta 2, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet with other stuff coming out. The main point being that there hasn't been a lot to really compel me this year, and going by the average review scores on GiantBomb and types of games receiving those reviews, I wouldn't be surprised if people there felt the same way.

I haven't played Jazzpunk yet.

Myggen

I'm going to a "beer festival" in my home town on Halloween where you can buy and drink a lot of different beers, but not gonna dress up or anything. Didn't really have Halloween here in Norway when I was growing up in the 90s so I have no real love for it. I'm probably gonna get drunk though, so it's all good.

edit: Goddamn, how many Aim Down Sights videos have been on Gamespot at this point?

edit2: 17!

danm999

I'm predicting the list will include Shadow of Mordor, Mario Kart 8, Stick of Truth, Jazzpunk, Reaper of Souls, Bayonetta 2, maaaybe Tropical Freeze. The rest is kind of up in the air/depends on upcoming releases.

I really think Destiny is going to snag most disappointing by a country mile unless there's a major voice willing to step in and defend it with Brad. I'm not sure who that would be though.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm going to a "beer festival" in my home town on Halloween where you can buy and drink a lot of different beers, but not gonna dress up or anything. Didn't really have Halloween here in Norway when I was growing up in the 90s so I have no real love for it. I'm probably gonna get drunk though, so it's all good.

I will go to some student party, where they will serve me overpriced warm beer and I know nobody cause I'm new in town. But it might turn out good. I found a supermarket that sells Zywiec and that alone makes me happy.

I'm predicting the list will include Shadow of Mordor, Mario Kart 8, Stick of Truth, Jazzpunk, Reaper of Souls, Bayonetta 2, maaaybe Tropical Freeze. The rest is kind of up in the air/depends on upcoming releases.

I really think Destiny is going to snag most disappointing by a country mile unless there's a major voice willing to step in and defend it with Brad. I'm not sure who that would be though.

I really doubt Mario Kart, Jazzpunk or Tropical Freeze will make the list. Then again I really can't think of any standout games this year. Brad will shoemake Destiny into the Top 10 by sheer will. Mordor seems to be pretty sure.

Top Bottom