• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Anyone else experience this?

qC64QyT.png

It's been happening for a few days now. Seemingly occurred at random. Haven't changed or updated my browser recently.

Lijik

all the jazzpunk mentions on this page reminded me i havent played jazzpunk yet despite being super interested when it came out.
should probably get to that this weekend

Seventy70

Last night's Extra Life stream was so bizarre. There was the new GB people meeting old GB people. Then, there was also the realization that none of the original GB people were on the stream and then there was all of that other weirdness involving Drew, Alexis and Mary. Also, drunk Dave and Jason dropping by. Ryan got mentioned a lot which seemed really unusual. Don't get me wrong, it was a great stream, but still very weird.

justjim89

Last night's stream was almost like a Giant Bomb Alternate Universe... I kinda liked it. Mary definitely needs to be on more. I miss Dave. Alexis will definitely be missed.

Also holy shit at Lisa adapting so quickly to being funny and personable on camera.

AcridMeat

Banned
Last night's stream was almost like a Giant Bomb Alternate Universe... I kinda liked it. Mary definitely needs to be on more. I miss Dave. Alexis will definitely be missed.

Also holy shit at Lisa adapting so quickly to being funny and personable on camera.
Agree with everything stated here. I'm just finishing up on the hours I missed when I went to bed of the stream last night, on Patrick's call right now, and this really was a great time. Mary injected great energy into it all and kept everything entertaining, and when Dave, Jason and Lisa all came too it was just magical.

I'll have to check out more of the Jason/Lisa archive as I only caught bits and pieces here and there.

Really great content.

valeo

Definitely my favourite. Drunk Jason coming back out of nowhere was good stuff.

Giant Bomb XI: Salaam, Shalom, Howdy!

checked out the Sunset Overdrive quicklook and its still not grabbing me.

looks colorful though

The developer video in the middle cringed me right off that QL. It made the whole "Poochy-esque" melieu of the game seem intentional and serious.

Last night's Extra Life stream was so bizarre. There was the new GB people meeting old GB people. Then, there was also the realization that none of the original GB people were on the stream and then there was all of that other weirdness involving Drew, Alexis and Mary. Also, drunk Dave and Jason dropping by. Ryan got mentioned a lot which seemed really unusual. Don't get me wrong, it was a great stream, but still very weird.

I gotta see that. Been missing Hardcore Dave.

AcridMeat

Banned
The timing when Dave came on during that stream was perfect. Mary was out to get nuggs and booze and in the meantime Dave shows up with his super calm laid back attitude and fancy jacket. It was like old times, so good.

edit: Is there an archive for the Jason stream?

The timing when Dave came on during that stream was perfect. Mary was out to get nuggs and booze and in the meantime Dave shows up with his super calm laid back attitude and fancy jacket. It was like old times, so good.

edit: Is there an archive for the Jason stream?

I believe it's on the GB twitch page.

Quentyn

Is the last part of the Gamespot Extra Life stream archived somewhere? I saw some people talking about it in the other thread and was planning to check it out once I finished with the GB streams. Seems like there was some crazy stuff going down there.

I looked at the Twitch archive of Gamespot, and they seem to only have 6 hours from the last 28(?) hours from the US office on there.

robotrock

Banned
Is the last part of the Gamespot Extra Life stream archived somewhere? I saw some people talking about it in the other thread and was planning to check it out once I finished with the GB streams. Seems like there was some crazy stuff going down there.

I looked at the Twitch archive of Gamespot, and they seem to only have 6 hours from the last 28(?) hours from the US office on there.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/embed/8635/?allow_gb=yes/

edit: oh whoops, sorry dude. i read giant bomb instead of gamespot for some reason

Zaph

Doesn't look like it. I went to grab it earlier for the Unarchived channel and huge chunks are missing. Twitch doesn't really lose video like that (usually corrupts within the player), so I wonder if it was intentional from GS?

Can someone who does the whole social media thing ask Danny?

I asked Danny on his Tumblr. Let's see if we get an answer.

Cheers dude

Quentyn

Doesn't look like it. I went to grab it earlier for the Unarchived channel and huge chunks are missing. Twitch doesn't really lose video like that (usually corrupts within the player), so I wonder if it was intentional from GS?

Can someone who does the whole social media thing ask Danny?

I asked Danny on his Tumblr. Let's see if we get an answer.

When Dave showed up on the Alexis stream, then Mary came back, and then the Oestrichers showed up... It was like some Five Doctors type shit.

Just needed either Vinny and Patrick there to tie it together.

popo

Are some of you seriously raving about Dave's awful old man shiny leather dad jacket or are you being ironic? Worse than the dumb hat he got married in.

Yay... sign of life from Jeff on Tumblr... He's alive!

Well he likely experienced la petite mort at the weekend.

Myggen

Going back to the start of the drewlexis stream and man, halo ODST kinda looks like shit now.

Bungie didn't know how to make human models in games back then.

Did they record a bombcast yesterday or will we get a late one tonight?

We don't know, but I'm guessing late one today. Highly doubt Drew went into work yesterday (even though he said that he might go to the office if they recorded the podcast), and don't think Dan was in the office either.

Bungie didn't know how to make human models in games back then.

We don't know, but I'm guessing late one today. Highly doubt Drew went into work yesterday (even though he said that he might go to the office if they recorded the podcast), and don't think Dan was in the office either.

I need it to get through my workday. As long as it arrives before 2am it will be ok.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, the faces at least looked better than 3's nightmare faces.

It's more the lack of AA and poor texture and the blurriness in general.

Big-E

Catching up on the extra life stuff, it says that there was a GB staff goal of 100k. Is the number they reached really just the handful of staff members contributing that much? Are they really that well off?

Zaph

Catching up on the extra life stuff, it says that there was a GB staff goal of 100k. Is the number they reached really just the handful of staff members contributing that much? Are they really that well off?

Yeah, Jeff said on the Bombcast he remortgaged his home. Gotta admire the commitment to the kids.

Rapstah

I was in the process of replacing all the vowels in a Gears of War cut scene with how Pac-Man sounds in Pac-Man 2, and it suddenly hit me that early Xbox 360 games now look like early PS2 games looked when the Xbox 360 was new.

Top Bottom