• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
What a turnaround Drew has made in a year in terms of onscreen appearances and the bombcast?

I remember him in the lego island upf and he didn't say much during the whole thing. Granted other people were helping make the entire thing hilarious so he didn't need to, but yeah he's a lot more confident and talkative on camera now.

When they had him on the bombcast in the first basement office, he was pretty bad. Like a million times better than I'd be if you threw me onto a podcast, but there were a lot of pauses while he gathered his thoughts before speaking.

Zaph

Kind of legit excited for Lords of the Fallen. Off the top of my head, just recently we've had Mordor, Sunset and now this all turn out surprisingly good/great.

Hope they add 'Biggest Surprise' this year to the GOTY awards. Or do they already do that?

daydream

Banned
Kind of legit excited for Lords of the Fallen. Off the top of my head, just recently we've had Mordor, Sunset and now this all turn out surprisingly good/great.

Hope they add 'Biggest Surprise' this year to the GOTY awards. Or do they already do that?

Yeah, it was always a category. I think we all agreed Wolfenstein was a hot contender this year (from GB's perspective).

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Pretty sure they already have that, I remember them talking about Far Cry 3 for that specific award. Lords of the Fallen seems solid judging from other reviews.

Yeah, it was always a category. I think we all agreed Wolfenstein was a hot contender this year (from GB's perspective).

Mordor is going to win this category by a landslide.

Curufinwe

I'm fully on board with what Brad said in the Sunset Overdrive QL.

Gym shorts are the best thing to wear around the house. Especially for me living on the east coast where it's hotter than I would like for most of May thru October.

Catching up on the thread after being out all weekend and being sick yesterday

I think Shitbot has a real chance at best new character.

Every single character in Mordor is awful.

No, dude, no. Shitbot was amazing, but Ratbag is still the frontrunner for character. Dude is amazing

Shadow of Mordor kind of sucked.

You know, i kinda didn't think much of Mordor before i played it but my first game session ended up being 5 hours long and i had to pull myself away from it to get some rest. That only tends to happen to me with really great games, so i dunno, i can see where you're coming from but Mordor is the only 2014 game to do that to me.

popo

I'm fully on board with what Brad said in the Sunset Overdrive QL.

Gym shorts are the best thing to wear around the house. Especially for me living on the east coast where it's hotter than I would like for most of May thru October.

richard-simmons.jpg

Haven't watched any of these except Demo Derby (just the right length to watch between the IG and J&L streams). I know what I'll be doing tonight!

Playing Bayonetta 2

Ratbag fell out of a Borderlands game. He might actually be the worst character of 2014.

ratbag is an ambitious, treacherous, terrible-at-his-job orc who is also loveable and a bro for all ages.

Plus, his name is ratbag.

I can't even remember the names of characters in borderlands outside of claptrap and i platinum'd the first BL and played BL2 until it bored me into exhaustion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Obviously not everyone's the same, but I had the same feelings about Sunset Overdrive and how it controlled from watching the videos.

It's clinched me once I got a hold of it and actually played though. Like it's a 'oh I get it' moment, for sure that doesn't translate well to video.

Renpatsu

Am seriously considering purchasing Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Wii U even though I don't have a Wii U.

Why? The games will be there and be cheaper if you get the console later.
Logic and rational decision making becomes more difficult the better the game looks, but yeah you're right. I'm just worried the double pack will actually rise in price over time.

Megasoum

Banned
So is Dave having another baby?

Talking about his woman impregnating skills and reading baby name books.

He was talking about on the podcast how he had his hands full with one kid and 2 dogs... Will get crazy if there's a second kid too.

jaina

Am seriously considering purchasing Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Wii U even though I don't have a Wii U.

I've read several posters in the Bayo 2 threads who have done that. "Just bought Bayonetta 2, now I just need to get around buying a Wii U during the holidays."

AcridMeat

Banned
Dreamfall is hilarious, I wish Alex and Vinny would come back to it again. Did not expect shitbot to be so good based on the name.

edit: Oh my god the gliding hahahahahhahahahahhahaa

LeBart

I'm playing Dreamfall right now. There's totally another likeable little bot dude in there. I mean, he's no shitbot but he's pretty cool, too!

This game is pretty good...

Sunset Overdrive might be my goty so far. I'm having a blast with it. The movement and gunplay doesn't translate well to video, you can get around quite fast once you get some momentum built up. Brad was starting and stopping a lot so he rarely had a good flow going. The auto aim also isn't as severe as I expected. You still very much have to aim, it's by no means just locking on and playing for you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why? The games will be there and be cheaper if you get the console later.

For all we know, it could pull a Xenoblade and become rare in a year. not a problem to a digital buyer obviously, but I imagine some people care to have the box and only want it that way. Especially with Nintendo's digital practices.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
11/24/09 podcast.

On the subject of Jeff being near 100,000 gamer score.

Jeff:
"No no I don't have a party planned for when I break 100,000 points"​
Ryan:
"Maybe we'll have a thing, we'll have an ice cream cake and you can sit on it it'll be great"​
Jeff:
"*Sigh*"​

ALLUSION

Kimaka

I'm playing Dreamfall right now. There's totally another likeable little bot dude in there. I mean, he's no shitbot but he's pretty cool, too!

This game is pretty good...

I like Kidbot better than Shitbot. They need more love but less than 20% of players ever see them.

popo

Bombin from yesterday was rough to listen to.

I know Cara is a big favourite with some of you but the whole second half of this podcast was like listening to drunk college kids. "Butts!" *giggle* *giggle*.

Just finished watching the Random PC Game of Crusader for the hundredth time only to discover that it's free on Origin right now.

Do you have that condition that Guy Pierce had in Memento?

Top Bottom