• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

daydream

Banned
Don't lie when Bard booted up destiny you were all worried!

bard me realise I couldn't affect the outcome of this (although he was always the weak link)

never sweatin'

jeff9txt92j0m.gif

Does the Sunset Overdrive quicklook look really bad for anyone else? The game is 900P but it's more compression artifacts and jagglies everywhere, even in download HD.

Does the Sunset Overdrive quicklook look really bad for anyone else? The game is 900P but it's more compression artifacts and jagglies everywhere, even in download HD.

GB SF Need to steal GBeast recording equipment.

Also what the hell is under the Wii U logo in my avatar daydreaming? Is it a camera or an eye ball?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The controls for crusader no remorse are really something else.

Volotaire

Am seriously considering purchasing Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Wii U even though I don't have a Wii U.

Logic and rational decision making becomes more difficult the better the game looks, but yeah you're right. I'm just worried the double pack will actually rise in price over time.

It's completely rational if you value time more over price. It depends if you are going to play it now before price drop bundles.

Myggen

Dan saying how good Pain & Gain is on that arcade quick look, jfc.

That movie's kinda offensive.

It has the "let's laugh at these people" problem many Michael Bay movies have, especially since it's based on a true story, but I don't really see how it's very offensive.

But yeah, I do not like that movie at all. A surprising amount of people I know who has good taste in movies like that movie though, don't know what that's about.

GolazoDan

It has the "let's laugh at these people" problem many Michael Bay movies have, especially since it's based on a true story, but I don't really see how it's very offensive.
That in and of itself is pretty offensive. It's based on a true story using real names of real people and retold it as a dark comedy, which is just weird. Couple of lads on Death Row for doing all sorts of horrifying stuff, let's rework that into a bumbling comedy caper.

That could still work (as most ideas could in the right hands) but it's really soulless on top of that. Not one of the characters comes across like a good person in the slightest. Rock's character comes closest and then he just ends up a scumbag like the rest of them. Plus it's filled with all of the usual problematic Michael Bay women/gay people/foreign people laughs which don't help.

I was curious about the film because I remember it coming out in America and it got rather good reviews from some places, Michael Bay's best in a long time and all that. I think it came out in the UK a few months after and every critic I read/listened to tore it to shreds. Mark Kermode loved it, absolutely.

Now Four Lions, there's a dark comedy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's weird to me that people always give Pain and Gain shit for being based on a real event, but hardly anyone said anything about 30 Minutes or Less.

It's weird to me that people always give Pain and Gain shit for being based on a real event, but hardly anyone said anything about 30 Minutes or Less.

It was supposedly just a vague idea around it ( http://www.wired.com/2011/08/30-minutes-or-less-collar-bom/ ) with differing amounts of we didn't know. I remember lots of press around the time about the family and stuff not liking it.

Pain and Gain was directly based on it with real names and shit. Plus it was a bigger deal in advertising, budget, visibility, stars and director. Who even remembers 30 minutes or less?

faridmon

I really never got the offensive nature of that movie for the simple fact that it was based on real life. At the end of the day, its a movie and shit happens in movies.

The real life version may suck, but I am sorry, when I am watching a movie, I could care less about the true occurrence and will enjoy it on its true merit.

That said, I did not enjoy the movie.

Top Bottom