• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Guys daydreaming's asleep by now let's go draw shit on his face

jNnHOlL7dP7nV.png

valeo

I thought the exact same thing. I usually wouldn't notice it at all but after playing Bayonetta for two days straight and then watching that video I was like....wait...

Thought it was fine - some video lag; not the games fault.

The pop-in was a little obvious though. Game world looks amazing, however - one of the best i've seen in a while.

Patrick sure is ruffling some feathers in that Valkryia Chronicles thread. Though if he really blew off two scheduled meetings for an interview and then wrote that article saying no one was asking for the port, he does come off as an ass.

Zaph

Patrick sure is ruffling some feathers in that Valkryia Chronicles thread. Though if he really blew off two scheduled meetings for an interview and then wrote that article saying no one was asking for the port, he does come off as an ass.
Is Patrick being weird again with his articles?

Haunted

Alex Navarro is the master of understatement - Hyper Light Drifter looks fucking amazing.

I do hope there's more of a narrative in the full game, or at least some sort of motivation to continue advancing instead of just for the sake of advancing. The game looks and sounds gorgeous, but for these kinds of linear action games, you gotta have a point, an end goal to work towards to, a motivation, just something to string you along for the ride.

edit: I had a look at the Kickstarter page to refresh my memory - looks like there's some sort of story framework in place, even if it's just alluded to loosely.

Fireblend

Banned
Man, Hyperlight Drifter looks crazy cool. I regret not backing it, though I bet even if I had I wouldn't have gone for a tier with early preview access :p

Guess I'll just wait patiently for it to be released. It's coming to Vita right?

There was a petition for Sega to port some of its backlog titles to the PC run by some gaffers. Apparently he scheduled two interviews with them about it, blew them off, and never talked to them again. Now Sega announces its first backlog port and he opens his article saying no one was asking for it. Some gaffers are upset.

Zaph

There was a petition for Sega to port some of its backlog titles to the PC run by some gaffers. Apparently he scheduled two interviews with them about it, blew them off, and never talked to them again. Now Sega announces its first backlog port and he opens his article saying no one was asking for it. Some gaffers are upset.
Yup, sounds like he is.

Was probably a harmless off-the-cuff comment, but after ditching two interviews with the guys *literally* asking for it, I can see how that would be perceived as a dig.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno how it is at g4, but Patrick definitely has adopted the tone of giantbomb in his articles, and seeing that navarro was previously responsible for giantbomb's articles the tone is pretty much just snark.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

There was a big twitter campaign/petition that got a sizable following asking for Sega to port their games to PC, including Valkyria Chronicles. Two of the main people organizing it were contacting games sites to get the word out. Patrick contacted them back saying he wanted to do an interview about the petition to get Sega games to come to PC. They wrote back to Patrick, then suddenly Pat just stopped responding to them entirely.

Time goes by, and suddenly a PC port for Valkyria Chronicles is announced, which the campaign likely had something to do with.

Patrick posted an article today titled "Out of Nowhere, Valkyria Chronicles Is Coming to PC" and says "Nobody was really asking for Sega to port Valkyria Chronicles to PC, but the company's already on it." which is a shitty thing to say since he was aware of the campaign and even went out of his way to talk to the people organizing it, then just ditch them for an interview that they had started scheduling out together.

patrick is just writing goofy comments like alex to try and be funny and witty or something so that it adds "flavor" and doesnt turn the news section of the site into a pr regurgitation like normal gaming news sites

i dont giant bomb for the articles so they could get rid of the whole thing for all i care

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
He7aYin.png

patrick is just writing goofy comments like alex to try and be funny and witty or something so that it adds "flavor" and doesnt turn the news section of the site into a pr regurgitation like normal gaming news sites

i dont giant bomb for the articles so they could get rid of the whole thing for all i care

Except Patrick is awful at snark and just comes across as a huge douche.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, but Alex is self-loathing enough to make it funny.

Confidence and snark just comes of as slightly douchey rather than comical jadedness.

Ketch

I thought Jeff would be on his honeymoon.

what?

There was a big twitter campaign/petition that got a sizable following asking for Sega to port their games to PC, including Valkyria Chronicles. Two of the main people organizing it were contacting games sites to get the word out. Patrick contacted them back saying he wanted to do an interview about the petition to get Sega games to come to PC. They wrote back to Patrick, then suddenly Pat just stopped responding to them entirely.

Time goes by, and suddenly a PC port for Valkyria Chronicles is announced, which the campaign likely had something to do with.

Patrick posted an article today titled "Out of Nowhere, Valkyria Chronicles Is Coming to PC" and says "Nobody was really asking for Sega to port Valkyria Chronicles to PC, but the company's already on it." which is a shitty thing to say since he was aware of the campaign and even went out of his way to talk to the people organizing it, then just ditch them for an interview that they had started scheduling out together.

what?

This is really disappointing to hear, I've come to expect good things from Patrick.... but that's a total jerk move and he deserves to take some flak for it.

edit: I mean, I guess he could have just gotten busy with some other stuff at the time, and then forgot about the whole campaign when he heard this news.... hopefully he's considering an edit or follow up comments or something. Pls don't be a douche patrick.

yeah I don't really want to pile on but everybody
figuratively speaking
has been asking Sega for PC ports forever. that and localizations. Shame it's VC instead of, oh, I dunno, VANQUISH, but at least they're making the effort.

how about that Yakuza 5 localization, huh? Bayo PC?

demidar

yeah I don't really want to pile on but everybody
figuratively speaking
has been asking Sega for PC ports forever. that and localizations. Shame it's VC instead of, oh, I dunno, VANQUISH, but at least they're making the effort.

how about that Yakuza 5 localization, huh? Bayo PC?

I want VC3 to be localized and ported to Steam. It's not unheard of for PSP games to be ported to PC. That makes me want to buy VC in the hopes that it will help, but knowing Sega...

Curufinwe

I like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but man. That does not sound good.

Top Bottom